Weekly BF

Squad Player Count Reduced?

PkLifeupA
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Why did DICE, reduce the amount of players in a squad from 5 to 4? Granted it's been 4 player squads since BC2. (that's when I was introduced to the series)

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Because 32 players per team means 8 total full squads. When you have 5 slots in a squad in means 6 full squads + 2 unlucky dudes which is dumb. Dice did a good thing here.
  • FF-Bulletsponge
    515 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Because 32 players per team means 8 total full squads. When you have 5 slots in a squad in means 6 full squads + 2 unlucky dudes which is dumb. Dice did a good thing here.

Yeah but not every squad will be full. There will always be squads with 3 or less players, or even a locked squad with 1 player
  • Zviko0
    1670 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's because it's all about squad play in BFV. They want us to be more strategic and careful. Having more people in squad completely trumps that because if you die, you can just spawn back in because the chances of all of them dying are much lower.
  • Lethalsaints
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    5 was a fail.
  • snavelaer
    1048 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    from another thread...
    Dice ive been playing your battlefield 1 game for a while....I've come here not to complain about anything but to ask if you would consider a small detail that can help a gamers experience. We all know that a squad of 5 is allowed, but when i play with my team we sometimes have more than five forcing one of our own to be in anothe squad. Durring skirmishes our friend outside of our sqaud may ask for ammo. If he was highlighted as my squad color i would know where he is. But unfortunately he has a blubbery icon above his head ( which is a default color for every non sqaid member ) and i jave to figure where he is among all the other teamates. Suggestion= Have an option to where we can select certain people individually on the scoreboard to have a different color icon above their head so we can identify other people in our platoon that are not in our sqaud.........let this merinate in your head.....do this for battlefield 5.....

• GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Should of raised it to 8.
    You can have a party chat of 8 on ps4, that's 2 squads of 4 all communicating anyway, so you might aswell accommodate to that for ps4.
    It could also keeps more players on objectives this way, as long as they use their brains and actually spawn on their squad instead of an uncontested flag.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Would rather see 6 then 4. The later is not a good solution.