One major concern that maybe prevent me from playing BF V

Texator
122 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I seen now tons of Multiplayer gameplay videos on Youtube.
So far i like what I see, no gas, no sweetspot, no Behemoth, no elite class, perfect.

But also no 3D spotting anymore and thats what really concerns me.
I am colorblind, red-green-blind, and it was hard to see who is in my team and who is the enemy in BF 1 before the customised colorblind option was added.
Now i fear without 3D spotting we colorblind dont really see who belongs to what faction.

Can anyone who had the luck to try out the game tell if there is a colorblind option or if someone heard there will be one?

Comments

• alucardgr
    387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    but you can always see your teammates( marks and names on them)
  • cameldung
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I have the same problem/fear. When I heard the Dev talking about how they are going to make factions have slightly different colors, I tought "oh, oh, that won't help me."
    A colorblind option here will be trickier than in BF1.

While you have icons on your teammates it's still an advantage to directly identify your enemy by his look.

For me it's more of a minor issue. When you have an overview of the battlefield and good positioning, you will know who's coming around the corner before seeing him. Only those infiltrators will be a problem.
  • Lethalsaints
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would be pushing this topic hard now before it gets forgotten in the build. Maybe ask one of the Youtubers to get your message across?
    Sounds like it could be gamebreaking and the devs may not know this.
  • Texator
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I guess i will find it out when the public beta is there.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think in every Battlefield game there's a colorblind option (I may be wrong, but that's what I remember).

I don't really know how effective that option is, though.
  • joshualee585900
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    All they need to do is have your allies have their names on top of there head there fixed
  • trip1ex
    4957 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the lead designer (or one of them) is colorblind and in youtube interview he said you'll be able to tell enemies apart.
  • disposalist
    8680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    If anything the lack of spotting might make it easier a lot of the time?

If there's no blob over someone when you aim, they are an enemy.

I even think the spotted enemy had diamonds, not circles?