Bringing back Behemoths and Elite classes

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    1315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would advocate for special weapon pickups such as a heavy anti-tank gun of some sort, flame thrower etc. No increased health.

In short, similar to BF4.

Yeah, field pickups are a good idea and will give importance to certain flags but more like in Battlefield 4. No health buffs, just a good weapon.
  • von_Campenstein
    5703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I would advocate for special weapon pickups such as a heavy anti-tank gun of some sort, flame thrower etc. No increased health.

Yeah, field pickups are a good idea and will give importance to certain flags but more like in Battlefield 4. No health buffs, just a good weapon.

I can see the PTRS-41 being a pickup.
  • merlins_beard_88
    279 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I liked the dreadnought, a lot of fun on the Gallipoli operation.

Armoured train wasn’t really much of a threat was pretty underpowered and a real hinderance when wrecked.

Airship also kinda meh was only really good for air zerging a cap zone.

Tank behemoth was decent I wouldn’t mind seeing something like a tiger II / Pershing acting as one.
  • SPARTAN_12B
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 14
    No stop depending on crutch kits. Thats the problem with a bf1. There is so much garbage in the game to help a player just stand on his own 2 feet. Skillful players get checked a lot for playing well. Artillary, scrubs camping in the bottom of forest and grappa with a flame kit and they were going 0-23 beforehand. There are tons and tons of crutches on bf1...have a dose of " get freaking gud " and stop looking for crutches that give you this delusional perspective that makes you think your gud when your really not....skill will be needed in this ulcomming game. Either your going to rek or get rekt...
  • rainkloud
    248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The elite classes stretched the believability factor too far over the edge and they just didn't work for me. They have absolutely no place in BFV or anything through near modern. For 2142? Yeah maybe if it can be done well but my general feeling on them is pretty negative and my BFV feeling on them is extremely negative.

Pretty much the same with the Behemoths. It was a novel idea but it didn't really work as intended I feel and it had the same out of place feel that elite classes had. The exception was the dreadnaught. I thought something like that could have a place on relevant maps and as part of a larger naval component.

But yeah let's leave those in BF1 where they belong.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    3915 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No. Stupid annoying things exist in bf1 only to farm kills instead of helping the team.
  • PkLifeupA
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No thank you...
  • disposalist
    7267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The attitude to behemoths is always... "interesting".

Rewarding bad players.
    Punishing good teams.
    Kill farmers.

What about: -

Attempting to redress inevitable occasional balance issues?
    Stopping a losing team from simply quitting?
    Giving noobs something fun to do?

Sure they rarely turn a game. Generally this only happens when the teams are closely matched but the scores got uneven for no good reason. Yes, this is rare, but of course good players *want* a challenging game, yes? Not just to win because they happened to start with more players for a while?

Sure, they don't really help a bad team win. Why would we want that? The worst team shouldn't win. It simply gives them something fun and interesting to do to stop them quitting the server.

Sure, occasionally you get a bad driver and the behemoth actually detracts from the game. Again, that team was losing anyway, so what's the problem.

As for Elites: They are hardly uncounterable and little different in effect than taking a flag that grants you a tank. Some people seem to think anything that can't be fought infantry 1vs1 is somehow too much. Some unpredictability is a fun challenge.
    Yeah, they were unbalancing in small map modes and they were removed in BF1 so they will be aware in BF5 of that potential.
  • A7XOGG
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Bethemoths and elite classes are hated but are instantly spawned into when they arrive on the map. I think it would have worked out well if they had one or the other with the old conquest system. But that's just me.
  • DonSharkito
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Rewarding bad players.
    Punishing good teams.
    Kill farmers.

Sure they rarely turn a game. Generally this only happens when the teams are closely matched but the scores got uneven for no good reason. Yes, this is rare, but of course good players *want* a challenging game, yes? Not just to win because they happened to start with more players for a while?

Sure, they don't really help a bad team win. Why would we want that? The worst team shouldn't win. It simply gives them something fun and interesting to do to stop them quitting the server.

Sure, occasionally you get a bad driver and the behemoth actually detracts from the game. Again, that team was losing anyway, so what's the problem.

As for Elites: They are hardly uncounterable and little different in effect than taking a flag that grants you a tank. Some people seem to think anything that can't be fought infantry 1vs1 is somehow too much. Some unpredictability is a fun challenge.
    Yeah, they were unbalancing in small map modes and they were removed in BF1 so they will be aware in BF5 of that potential.

No thanks. BFV is moving to a more skill based gameplay and the removal of behemoths and elite classes is a very right step in this direction.

No more participation trophies. No more unnecessary endless rounds because of the behemoths.

Noobs will have to learn the game that's all. If you look at some other very popular FPS (even more than BF), they don't have stuff like this to appeal to a large and consistent playerbase.

And on the lack of balancing, Dice has to work on this and take ideas from other games that have better matchmaking and balancing experiences for players.
  • Lethalsaints
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Behemoths are stupid. Just turns it into a spam fest of raining explosions. Good descision if its gone.
  • foff667
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

yup, its what I loved about BF4, you had in field pick ups and vehicles if you held certain flags, it definitely gave incentive to hold certain flags because they gave you an edge.
  • foff667
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    A7XOGG wrote: »
    Bethemoths and elite classes are hated but are instantly spawned into when they arrive on the map. I think it would have worked out well if they had one or the other with the old conquest system. But that's just me.

lol, ok, here's an example, If I'm at the top of the leaderboard on the losing team, lets say I'm 20-5 and the rest of my team just can't or won't push forward and its 500-200 and we have virtually no way to catch back up hell yeah I'm spawning in the blimp and going easy mode for the rest of the game. In games where I'm losing that bad I'd rather that or get in a tank and just get mindless kills while I wait for the next round to begin, instead of throwing my control through the TV because I'm playing with bad players...everyone has had those rounds.

• Foot_Elite_Tomei
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Squad leader is going to be new "elite kit".
  • disposalist
    7267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    foff667 wrote: »

yup, its what I loved about BF4, you had in field pick ups and vehicles if you held certain flags, it definitely gave incentive to hold certain flags because they gave you an edge.
    Except a lot of those were even more OP than elites. One-shot-kill unavoidable heat-seeker anyone?
  • Tullzter
    549 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I like Behemoths in BF1 because it's the only time the entire team gets together around one objective, as soon as it spawns, you have guys from every squad running to the nearest AA or laying down mines and dynamite. it's nice teamwork but on a much more larger scale than squad play.

I especially like when a random blueberry start laying down ammo crate after ammo crate so that you never run out of rocket gun ammo and keep at hammering the train behemoth.

it's the little things, i thought that they were a necessary focal point in a match
  • Contra87
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Rewarding bad players.
    Punishing good teams.
    Kill farmers.

Also, it’s just a video game.
  • foff667
    foff667 wrote: »

Except a lot of those were even more OP than elites. One-shot-kill unavoidable heat-seeker anyone?

I'm fine with pickups and even elite classes to be honest, although they are a little random they give an incentive to not just take a base & run and rather take and hold a base. Dragons teeth (I think thats the correct map on BF4) there is a base where you get an extra LAV that you could even spawn right into, if thats not incentive to hold a base I'm not sure what is. On most BF maps you can tell which objectives are the go to objectives for most, if its 5 objectives its pretty much C is the point everyone tries to either hold or obtain, so there really should be an incentive to hold particular bases or break through and capture bases to get your team back in the game. The blimp/train/tank has 1 person driving, mind you that you are already on a losing team so less than stellar players for the most part and you are hoping that the 1 person out of 32 knows what he is doing? 9x out out 10 the person driving had no clue what to do and sometimes it doesn't even matter what they did if the other team did as Tullzter states below ie work as a team against the behemoth it takes about 2 minutes of teamwork to take them out.
    Tullzter wrote: »
    I like Behemoths in BF1 because it's the only time the entire team gets together around one objective, as soon as it spawns, you have guys from every squad running to the nearest AA or laying down mines and dynamite. it's nice teamwork but on a much more larger scale than squad play.

I especially like when a random blueberry start laying down ammo crate after ammo crate so that you never run out of rocket gun ammo and keep at hammering the train behemoth.

it's the little things, i thought that they were a necessary focal point in a match

I agree behemoths brought the team together, the one that was ALREADY WINNING! lol I don't think that was the point of the behemoth though.

• Medic-The-JackaL
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No, why for the life of me did Dice try reward bad team work and punish players who have worked hard to get the flags is beyond me.
  • VindictiVagabond
    913 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 16
    Hell no.
    Wish quotting you would quote who you quotted...

In short, hell no.

Behemoths and elite kits are crutches for the losing team or bad players to stat pad. No skill involved (like so many other things in bf1 *cough assault cough*).