What questions would you most like to ask DICE?

«134
Turbo_Nozomix
344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited May 2016
Here're a couple I'd love to know the answers to:

Has Battlefield 1 improved DICE's level of graphics beyond Battlefront, and if so, what are some key improvements that have been made?

Is there any chance we'll see some Battlefield 1 tech exposition videos, like DICE previously made about their lighting radiosity in Frostbite:


... or like Ubisoft made about their water and atmospheric tech in AC4: Black Flag?:

Comments

  • jeffmasman
    323 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Explain how meleeing will be different/work? (Hopefully no set mechanics where it's unblock able )

    Can there be a survival mode against waves and waves of soldeirs charging your trench (Coop)?
    If not, any coop??

    Levolution?

    Any fun new game modes?
  • Crispy_Pinguin
    1598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How does dice choose a setting (like why choose world war 1 and not world war 2, or a time span in between the 2 events ?)
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully rush game mode goes back to the old house rules of Bad Company 2. Most us old guys want M-com bashing back. Also don't nerf it right away like you did on Bad Company 2 where I needed how many sticks of c4. I'll still do it anyway or collapse a building on it. Also Frostbite engine need more destruction like the old days of Bad Company 2. 2.0 destruction.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    How about asking the questions regarding the issues that have been issues for years? If there will be more servers in more regions, specifically on console. Will those servers have the same options as pc? Or have we forgot about those types of questions already and ask about such things as "will there be a Dino mode" :s
  • iSpyRecon
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mmarkweII wrote: »
    How about asking the questions regarding the issues that have been issues for years? If there will be more servers in more regions, specifically on console. Will those servers have the same options as pc? Or have we forgot about those types of questions already and ask about such things as "will there be a Dino mode" :s

    +1000
  • ktreis90
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Will there be Manuel bolt actions for the bolt action rifles. ( as in you fire a shot, then you fire again to chamber a new round. )
  • Troopperfofo
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ktreis90 wrote: »
    Will there be Manuel bolt actions for the bolt action rifles. ( as in you fire a shot, then you fire again to chamber a new round. )

    I love that feature in Red Orchestra and Verdun. Makes the Bolt actions feel a lot better.

  • Vespervin
    1205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    ktreis90 wrote: »
    Will there be Manuel bolt actions for the bolt action rifles. ( as in you fire a shot, then you fire again to chamber a new round. )

    I love that feature in Red Orchestra and Verdun. Makes the Bolt actions feel a lot better.

    I love that option in Red Orchestra, and I wouldn't mind seeing the option being added to Battlefield 1 for those who want to use it.
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    ktreis90 wrote: »
    Will there be Manuel bolt actions for the bolt action rifles. ( as in you fire a shot, then you fire again to chamber a new round. )

    Oh Manuel... always using those bolt actions....
  • Sir-xer21
    1890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Vespervin wrote: »
    ktreis90 wrote: »
    Will there be Manuel bolt actions for the bolt action rifles. ( as in you fire a shot, then you fire again to chamber a new round. )

    I love that feature in Red Orchestra and Verdun. Makes the Bolt actions feel a lot better.

    I love that option in Red Orchestra, and I wouldn't mind seeing the option being added to Battlefield 1 for those who want to use it.

    notice how Verdun and RO are sims?


    yeha, this really doesnt fit the pace of the game and just unnecessarily gimps bolt action's already slow rate of fire.
  • Vespervin
    1205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sir-xer21 wrote: »
    Vespervin wrote: »
    ktreis90 wrote: »
    Will there be Manuel bolt actions for the bolt action rifles. ( as in you fire a shot, then you fire again to chamber a new round. )

    I love that feature in Red Orchestra and Verdun. Makes the Bolt actions feel a lot better.

    I love that option in Red Orchestra, and I wouldn't mind seeing the option being added to Battlefield 1 for those who want to use it.

    notice how Verdun and RO are sims?


    yeha, this really doesnt fit the pace of the game and just unnecessarily gimps bolt action's already slow rate of fire.

    Notice how I said the word 'option' twice? If someone wants to handicap themselves with it then that's their decision. I personally wouldn't use it, I don't use it when I play Red Orchestra but the option doesn't hurt, as long as it's set to OFF by default.
  • Sir-xer21
    1890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Vespervin wrote: »
    Sir-xer21 wrote: »
    Vespervin wrote: »
    ktreis90 wrote: »
    Will there be Manuel bolt actions for the bolt action rifles. ( as in you fire a shot, then you fire again to chamber a new round. )

    I love that feature in Red Orchestra and Verdun. Makes the Bolt actions feel a lot better.

    I love that option in Red Orchestra, and I wouldn't mind seeing the option being added to Battlefield 1 for those who want to use it.

    notice how Verdun and RO are sims?


    yeha, this really doesnt fit the pace of the game and just unnecessarily gimps bolt action's already slow rate of fire.

    Notice how I said the word 'option' twice? If someone wants to handicap themselves with it then that's their decision. I personally wouldn't use it, I don't use it when I play Red Orchestra but the option doesn't hurt, as long as it's set to OFF by default.

    i guess sure, make it an option, i just dont know why anyone would use it if they werent forced to so i kind of assumed you meant as a gneeral gameplay feature.
  • Vespervin
    1205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sir-xer21 wrote: »
    Vespervin wrote: »
    Sir-xer21 wrote: »
    Vespervin wrote: »
    ktreis90 wrote: »
    Will there be Manuel bolt actions for the bolt action rifles. ( as in you fire a shot, then you fire again to chamber a new round. )

    I love that feature in Red Orchestra and Verdun. Makes the Bolt actions feel a lot better.

    I love that option in Red Orchestra, and I wouldn't mind seeing the option being added to Battlefield 1 for those who want to use it.

    notice how Verdun and RO are sims?


    yeha, this really doesnt fit the pace of the game and just unnecessarily gimps bolt action's already slow rate of fire.

    Notice how I said the word 'option' twice? If someone wants to handicap themselves with it then that's their decision. I personally wouldn't use it, I don't use it when I play Red Orchestra but the option doesn't hurt, as long as it's set to OFF by default.

    i guess sure, make it an option, i just dont know why anyone would use it if they werent forced to so i kind of assumed you meant as a gneeral gameplay feature.

    Not at all, because as you said, it wouldn't fit the pace of the game - Battlefield has never and will never be that kind of game (hopefully), but if someone wants to play like that then the option is there. I don't know much about video-game design but it doesn't sound difficult to implement.
  • Sir-xer21
    1890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    it probably isnt difficult. but depending on how they pull fire rate caps it could halve the rate of fire so they might need to pull some trickery on that.
  • Troopperfofo
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    Vespervin wrote: »

    Notice how I said the word 'option' twice? If someone wants to handicap themselves with it then that's their decision. I personally wouldn't use it, I don't use it when I play Red Orchestra but the option doesn't hurt, as long as it's set to OFF by default.

    In Red orchestra it gives an advantage.

    Would be neat to see a variable rates of fire with bolt actions in battlefield.



  • Sir-xer21
    1890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Vespervin wrote: »

    Notice how I said the word 'option' twice? If someone wants to handicap themselves with it then that's their decision. I personally wouldn't use it, I don't use it when I play Red Orchestra but the option doesn't hurt, as long as it's set to OFF by default.

    In Red orchestra it gives an advantage.

    Would be neat to see a variable rates of fire with bolt actions in battlefield.



    he's also using a double click function on his mouse which im not entirely sure but i dont think is allowed (it is, in essence, a macro) and like i said, it all depends on how DICE pulls their fire rates. hisotrically, they just cap the amount of clicks per minute that register. that would not work and would just halve the speed.
  • ktreis90
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    They put a limit on how fast you can click a mouse button ? I wonder why they do that. But the only reason why I could see they wont go with manual bolt actions for the long rifles is that they would need to re balance the damage model for the entire line of rifles. when they already have a good balance with how Battlefield 4 is now.
    But I would love it anyway for the added realism and immersion, they can still keep Battlefield the way it is and still have it as far as I know.

    After-all, it would be nice to watch the poor soul your aiming at drop to the ground, then you chamber a new round with the pride of a well placed head shot. ( also it's nice to see where a round lands without the scope or Iron sights bouncing around )
  • Visegrip117
    1346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    Hopefully rush game mode goes back to the old house rules of Bad Company 2. Most us old guys want M-com bashing back. Also don't nerf it right away like you did on Bad Company 2 where I needed how many sticks of c4. I'll still do it anyway or collapse a building on it. Also Frostbite engine need more destruction like the old days of Bad Company 2. 2.0 destruction.
    This bring back the BC Rush design
    mmarkweII wrote: »
    How about asking the questions regarding the issues that have been issues for years? If there will be more servers in more regions, specifically on console. Will those servers have the same options as pc? Or have we forgot about those types of questions already and ask about such things as "will there be a Dino mode" :s
    Also this more options for servers. And have regional locked servers and then have international servers.

    And my question would be about the destruction levels and specifically what can and cannot be destroyed.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Will there be dino mode?
  • cweberling
    372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would love to see tech videos and such. I love stuff like that. My biggest question is whether they've finally taken the time to make truly dynamic environments. (with weather/wind/atmosphere systems like AC, or Witcher 3.) And of course, tech video/feature on destruction.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!