BFV: Will you Buy or Pass?

Comments

• Natetendo83
    1029 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Let me disable the cosmetics, or move them to the Royale mode where teams don't matter, and I'm on board. The E3 footage was just about impossible to tell friend from foe, let alone who was what class.

No thanks.
  • p4nteraMetal
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    Despite stupid customization and PUBG mode I actually preordered game, because it is the battlefield after all – the only online FPS that I play and care about (except Battlefield 2142, do not care about sci-fi shooter if I do I would play COD).

And then I had to cancel it hastily after that piece of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ had audacity to call me uneducated for wanting to have proper Battlefield experience where soldier wear helmets and uniforms and not look like Fortnite clowns. All that after I and many other battlefield players put the money on his table for years, well not any more.

Post edited by p4nteraMetal on
  • herodes87
    1289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    While I was greatly looking forward to a WW2 based BF game, I am currently in the 'Pass' camp regarding this or any future Battlefield releases. I was disappointed with the game play of BF1. And now I am discouraged, yet not surprised given their track record, by the 'take it or leave it' flippant attitude by some at Dice/EA regarding the concerns some players have about the promotion of a social agenda at the expense of authenticity. Time will tell whether I 'take it or leave it'. Right now it's leaning heavily toward the latter.

See you on release day!

No you won't. I don't pre-order or buy games on release day and I certainly won't start with this one. I'll let you courageous video game pioneers take the arrows of release day bugs, glitches, slow downloads, missing content and other various disappointments. I'll probably wait for it to go on sale if, by slim chance, I buy it at all.

See you at launch.

Funny i missed you at BF Hardline Launch!
  • QQuickness
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    If they got rid of snap aiming [that ruined bf4 and turned me off bf1] I would love to pick it up, but I haven't found this info yet. Bf3 is still one of my all time favorite fps so I would love to get back into a battlefield title.
  • trip1ex
    5181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    While I was greatly looking forward to a WW2 based BF game, I am currently in the 'Pass' camp regarding this or any future Battlefield releases. I was disappointed with the game play of BF1. And now I am discouraged, yet not surprised given their track record, by the 'take it or leave it' flippant attitude by some at Dice/EA regarding the concerns some players have about the promotion of a social agenda at the expense of authenticity. Time will tell whether I 'take it or leave it'. Right now it's leaning heavily toward the latter.

See you on release day!

No you won't. I don't pre-order or buy games on release day and I certainly won't start with this one. I'll let you courageous video game pioneers take the arrows of release day bugs, glitches, slow downloads, missing content and other various disappointments. I'll probably wait for it to go on sale if, by slim chance, I buy it at all.

See you at launch.

Funny i missed you at BF Hardline Launch!

And?

You know it's true we're going to all the people at launch who claim they are passing on the game. The only question is will we see 90% day one or 95% or 100%? lol.

You just gotta do the math. On the BF forums. Bought the past 3 BF games. Those types can't stay away. IT's easy to stay away when it's 4 months before launch. You have no choice but to stay away at this point. Different story as we get to launch day. lol.

• herodes87
    1289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh really? LOL

Some people can resist and if they don't like it they won't buy it. Special on PC you have more Options.

One week before comes the new COD and one week after Red Dead Redemption 2. Don't forget Assassins Creed. So its not just BF that comes out.
  • jul3s
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Already pre-ordered
  • FELT-Z___BRANN
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I will pre-order Insurgency Sandstorm.

• herodes87
    I will pre-order Insurgency Sandstorm.

Me too! Finally a Tactical SHooter for PS4! Can't wait.
  • Khaotik707
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's probably not a question of if, for me anyway, it's a question of when, and for how long will I play it? The answer for BF1 was, at launch, and for about 6 weeks. I'd suspect the same for BFV though, Red Dead is going to be a thing.
  • DrunkwoIf
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    So far NO.

not really into fighting people that look like cartoon characters with all this customization stuff plus the OP 3rd person flying and the easy mode sniping.
    but who knows maybe a beta will change my mind if its fun.
  • balthasar44
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Will not buy looks like a cartoon, so disappointed
  • UltraMG42CamPeR
    346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Already pre-ordered. MG-42 is the reason.
  • LakolasWhardon
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Buy:
    1.) I love the Fortifications.
    2.) I'm a sucker for WWII shooters.
    3.) If it improves on BF1, I'm 120% sold, I love BF1.
    4.) The women and anachronistic stuff isn't enough to dissuade me from playing a good game, even though I'm a history buff. I can accept it's an SJW take on WWII, disregard that, and still enjoy it.
    5.) My wife is a huge BF fan too, and she loves the Fortifications too.
  • disposalist
    8842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 2018
    please delete
  • o5x5o
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Likely pass.
    Admittedly, took me too long to realize I am being consistently duped by EA/Dice. I have played all the major game versions (what is that now -10 yrs ?) and experienced the inexorable degradation of what made the game initially unique and great.

Great graphics alone do not sustain consistently frustrating and devolving game dynamics. The BF V trailer and the information blurbs put out, tell me I wanted to know. I certainly can't rely on the "independent reviewers" who typically are not asking the right questions and are enamored by bling rather than substance. Multiplayer will be based on the same old tired, kiddie-quality spawn and netcode, with the same pathetic server system as bf 1. I happen to live in the EA server doldrums, the US Midwest. Even with an above average, stable rate, Ethernet connection and good frame rates, I am tired of being wiped out because so many opponents clearly see me and fire before I have any chance to respond. I run netgraph consistently and can clearly see where the problems are, and 90% of the time its not due to my side. I see the srvr tick rates and offsets skyrocketing far too often. I am tired of playing a game where skill seems to be based 60% on my tactical ability and 40% on network/netcode issues.

My comments are not new, and have been consistently voiced by many others, especially we players who have a long history with the franchise. Certainly, the unsuspecting will race to bf 5, but some of us have finally awoke. EA/Dice consistently seems to ignore the deep problems with the code dynamics, especially the spawn and netcode areas. Instead, they tweak the graphics and weapons systems to make us feel like they care.

I guess part of my problem is that I am not part of the EA/Dice target clade of 12- 18 year olds, who likely have never experienced why the bf franchise was such a fantastic leap beyond the competition 10 years ago.

Unless they decide to put real effort into fixing multiplayer dynamics, instead of paving over the issues, I am through with the franchise.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I’m certainly not going to decide now.
    So far i’m liking what I see more than I liked what I saw from the early days of BF1.
  • SirBobdk
    5065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    I will probably buy, but not before I've tried the beta.
    Alpha is ok as infantry and tanker, but air is totally broken.
    And since I normally spend 50% as pilot this can be a deal breaker.
    However I do expect changes for air as it is only alpha.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Def a buy for me, love BF, love the WW2 setting, no brainer.
  • GrizzGolf
    1323 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Of course I will
This discussion has been closed.