Questions about bans and GUIDs

Linkan42
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
So I've been banned on both BF3 and BF4 servers because I used hacks about four years ago on BF3 servers, which I deeply regret but i'm not here to defend myself. My question is;
Will I be banned from servers on Battlefield V when it releases?

I've noticed that I haven't been banned from any servers on BF1 which leads to my next question;
Does different BF games have different GUIDs? (Which means that if there're different GUIDs between BF3/BF4 and BF1/BF5 then I'm perfectly safe from not being banned on games that uses GUIDs different from BF3/BF4)

Comments

• Il-Scavenger-lI
    903 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 2018
    Very unlikely you will have issues in BF5. It won't have any 3rd party plugins and EA has been very forgiving for cheating in general.
    BF1 does not use Punkbuster neither will BF5. So the only GUID in those games will likely be your EA GUID. In older BF titles a player has both a PB GUID and EA GUID.
    Both EA and PB GUID's have always stayed the same for most users on all Battlefield games within their Origin.
  • Linkan42
    Very unlikely you will have issues in BF5. It won't have any 3rd party plugins and EA has been very forgiving for cheating in general.
    BF1 does not use Punkbuster neither will BF5. So the only GUID in those games will likely be your EA GUID. In older BF titles a player has both a PB GUID and EA GUID.

Thank you kind sir for the reply

Just to be clear, so it's NOT my EA GUID that is banned, only the PB one is banned? Which means that I should be perfectly fine with BF5.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    903 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Linkan42 wrote: »

Thank you kind sir for the reply

Just to be clear, so it's NOT my EA GUID that is banned, only the PB one is banned? Which means that I should be perfectly fine with BF5.

As there won't be any 3rd party plugin support, yes you should be fine in BF5. In titles before BF1, you can get banned by server owners and 3rd party AC's.
  • the_tecknoxx_
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So I've been banned on both BF3 and BF4 servers because I used hacks about four years ago on BF3 servers, which I deeply regret but i'm not here to defend myself. My question is;

I've noticed that I haven't been banned from any servers on BF1 which leads to my next question;
    Does different BF games have different GUIDs? (Which means that if there're different GUIDs between BF3/BF4 and BF1/BF5 then I'm perfectly safe from not being banned on games that uses GUIDs different from BF3/BF4)

maybe don't play any online gaming.

no one forced you to use a cheat program.

also this is the game you should play : https://tinyurl.com/y79e2l4q

• Linkan42

FYI: I was 13 years old at the time. There's no reason to hate on people like that, you're parents must be very proud of you.
  • the_tecknoxx_
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018

FYI: I was 13 years old at the time. There's no reason to hate on people like that, you're parents must be very proud of you.

[ post removed ]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Linkan42
    edited June 2018

[ post removed ]

I did, and you've now been reported.

End of discussion.
  • the_tecknoxx_
    edited June 2018
    [ post removed ]
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14299 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Dont flame or bait.

@Linkan42
    I am pleased to see you have learned the error of your ways.

Your BF3 and BF4 GUIDs are hashed cd keys mixed with your EA GUID IIRC.

While you are banned from BF3, You will not be banned from all servers in BF4.

Some servers operate a cross game ban policy which means if you are banned in BF3 they will carry your ban over to BF4.

You will only be able to play in official servers in BF4, Or servers which are not running 3rd party plugins ( bf4db / aci anticheat / pbbans etc )