"Accept It or don't buy the game"

Comments

• Trokey66
    8951 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    aypee wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Will wonders never cease!

I actually agree with @aypee for once!

We have very different opinions on some gameplay elements and glad I offered an olive branch because I know I was getting very toxic and was never my intention when I signed up for this forum. With that being said, we seem to be in agreement over this debacle or whatever you want to call it. Your second post nailed what I didn't express lol

Good to hear.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    The arrogance of EA Creative Officer Patrick Soderland's statements regarding the concerns of a large portion of the BF community

Ha.
    If they can't take comments like those then they shouldn't even try to sell us there game.

And if you guys can't handle a game including a feature you dislike, you shouldn't be playing video games.

Your notion that if he hadn't said that, "there wouldn't be any backlash" is nonsense. He said that as a response TO the backlash that had already been going on for weeks.
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    A lot decided they won't buy because of EA/Dice attitude and reactions, not only because of the customizations.

Good riddance.

I second that!!
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Good riddance.

Yeah a really good idea to be happy about critical customers (that had not yet decided if they want to buy the game) that help you get a better product that sells better, leaving your game because you behave with a very poor attitude ..

But if you want only blind fanboys and girls to buy your game and you don't care about quality ... that is the way to go.

You just have to hope there will be enough blind fans and that they will stay faithful
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm starting to think that the offering of other games later this year is more appealing than bf5
    -DoS II on ps4
    -Red dead 2
    -Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    -Last of Us 2

I might still buy bf5 but I doubt I'll be investing as much time into it as bf1.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How everyone plays the game is up to them. It's also their choice if they want to buy it. Dr disrespect disliked the reveal trailer.. but now he is interested after seeing raw gameplay from E3. Not to mention it's still pre alpha. Many gamers views of the game may or will change during beta. The game is pretty solid as of right now for an alpha.
  • NLBartmaN
    Too bad there is (as far as I know) still no complete information on the limits of the customizations.

The customizations shown at EA play Gameplay were randomly chosen by Dice, players had no influence on them as far as I know.

They were more "neutral" than in the reveal trailer, although some were still WW2, but not battle and location authentic.

I hope we will see some news on this soon

As long as some parts are not "clear", how will the critical players know if they want to accept it ..
  • Loqtrall
    12417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018

Good riddance.

Yeah a really good idea to be happy about critical customers (that had not yet decided if they want to buy the game) that help you get a better product that sells better, leaving your game because you behave with a very poor attitude ..

But if you want only blind fanboys and girls to buy your game and you don't care about quality ... that is the way to go.

You just have to hope there will be enough blind fans and that they will stay faithful

What's not a good idea is expecting a developer to bend the knee any time a few people have complaints. Especially when those complaints are backed up by NOTHING aside from "but this is how WE feel about ww2", and are being stated across the web with complete and utter disregard for past games in the franchise, and a complete disrespect to the game THEY wanted to make.

Why should a developer treat people with respect when they're not only being lambasted with blatant insults and the insinuation that they're "pushing an sjw agenda", but when the only "legit criticisms" are based on an underlying reasoning that COMPLETELY ignores past games in order to further this nonsensical notion that JUST BATTLEFIELD 5 should be historically accurate?

Why should DICE respond respectfully when the people they're responding to can't even be respectful enough to take DICE's past games into consideration, or respect THEIR vision for game they wanted to make? The game they just spent years making.

The general message of the people complaining around the internet is not one of "trying to make a better product" - they're trying to change DICE's product into what THEY "expected" it to be.

Sorry to break it to you guys that may not explore the debate 9utside of this forum - but the majority of criticism against customization does not end with "give us a toggle option". The majority of them end with "CUSTOMIZATION DOESN'T BELONG IN BATTLEFIELD", "THIS ISN'T WW2 THIS IS SJW BS", or my favorite that I've seen so far, "WE WANT WW2 GAME NOT BARBIE PRINCESS MAKER".

EA responded in-kind. And as I said, good riddance to those people. If whether or not they bought the game hinged on the statement of one man, that's one flimsy stance. Good riddance.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Good riddance.

What do you want us to say? "Oh please, don't leave! You are so important for this community and the future of the franchise! Stay with us!".

If we don't care, we don't care.
  • NLBartmaN

What do you want us to say? "Oh please, don't leave! You are so important for this community and the future of the franchise! Stay with us!".

You missed the part:

"But if you want only blind fanboys and girls to buy your game and you don't care about quality ... that is the way to go.

You just have to hope there will be enough blind fans and that they will stay faithful"

Just like in real life: having only people around you that will follow you blindly is a very bad idea ..

Sometimes you need a critical person in your life that says: "is that the right way to go or do you need to think about it again .. and make some little adjustments to get better quality/to not get it trouble"

If you tell every person that is critical about your plans to just get lost and you really don't care .. it is an option, but I think it is a bad one and you will loose a lot of relations/friends/jobs/family ..
  • wasted5334
    15 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think it's highly unprofessional for them to say that. Sure, they may be sick of people calling them out on the historical inaccuracies, but they are still a company at the end of the day and we are the customers. You don't treat customers like that. If they don't want to change it, then that's fine, but perhaps they could have used more tact in delivering that message.

There is nothing unprofessional about it. You're just used to the modern age of every one being pampered to because they disagree with something. Nothing wrong with them being straight forward. You just need thicker skin apparently

Actually in this "modern age" you refer to, the only ones getting "pampered" are the so-called SJWs that wish to force their skewed vision of the world as it used to be, as it is, and as they would have it be on everyone else.

The arrogance of EA Creative Officer Patrick Soderland's statements regarding the concerns of a large portion of the BF community has done more to dissuade me from spending another dime on an EA product than anything put into the games themselves. He should leave future interviews to folks not "uneducated" in the finer points of marketing.

I believe it's them sticking with their design decision they made months /years ago and not giving in to a vocal minority on social media. Im glad they addressed it head on. Why are people offended someone told them they don't have to buy their game? Why is everyone so entitled they think every single thing should be catered to their very specific needs/prefrences, ESPECIALLY video games. Plenty of things I had interest in for years and eventually moved on for whatever that reason may be. Guess it's time for people to move on from bf

Battlefield 5 will have customization items people won't like. They essentially hate them so much they've stated themselves prior to the dev comment they're not buying the game. Then the dev reinforces the point and there's an outcry that they're mean and arrogant?

And what large portion of the community? Only thing I've seen is a vocal minority.

It's just bad business to alienate anybody your fan base...period.
  • wasted5334
    15 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    wasted5334 wrote: »
    I think it's highly unprofessional for them to say that. Sure, they may be sick of people calling them out on the historical inaccuracies, but they are still a company at the end of the day and we are the customers. You don't treat customers like that. If they don't want to change it, then that's fine, but perhaps they could have used more tact in delivering that message.

There is nothing unprofessional about it. You're just used to the modern age of every one being pampered to because they disagree with something. Nothing wrong with them being straight forward. You just need thicker skin apparently

Actually in this "modern age" you refer to, the only ones getting "pampered" are the so-called SJWs that wish to force their skewed vision of the world as it used to be, as it is, and as they would have it be on everyone else.

The arrogance of EA Creative Officer Patrick Soderland's statements regarding the concerns of a large portion of the BF community has done more to dissuade me from spending another dime on an EA product than anything put into the games themselves. He should leave future interviews to folks not "uneducated" in the finer points of marketing.

I believe it's them sticking with their design decision they made months /years ago and not giving in to a vocal minority on social media. Im glad they addressed it head on. Why are people offended someone told them they don't have to buy their game? Why is everyone so entitled they think every single thing should be catered to their very specific needs/prefrences, ESPECIALLY video games. Plenty of things I had interest in for years and eventually moved on for whatever that reason may be. Guess it's time for people to move on from bf

Battlefield 5 will have customization items people won't like. They essentially hate them so much they've stated themselves prior to the dev comment they're not buying the game. Then the dev reinforces the point and there's an outcry that they're mean and arrogant?

And what large portion of the community? Only thing I've seen is a vocal minority.

It's just bad business to alienate anybody your fan base...period.

I've never heard of a company making a statement like this prior to the release of a product,they could of released a statement like,"trust us,you will be blown away by this game"!
  • DARTH_JAR_JAR222
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    L

You missed the part:

"But if you want only blind fanboys and girls to buy your game and you don't care about quality ... that is the way to go.

You just have to hope there will be enough blind fans and that they will stay faithful"

Just like in real life: having only people around you that will follow you blindly is a very bad idea ..

Sometimes you need a critical person in your life that says: "is that the right way to go or do you need to think about it again .. and make some little adjustments to get better quality/to not get it trouble"

If you tell every person that is critical about your plans to just get lost and you really don't care .. it is an option, but I think it is a bad one and you will loose a lot of relations/friends/jobs/family ..

I like how anyone who disagrees with your narrow minded view of customizations is a "blind fanboy".

Has it ever occurred to you that people consider video games art? You know, Electronic "Arts". There is not a right or a wrong way to create something. But what you will have is a vision by the people creating it. I think what DICE/EA have said is, if you don't like our creation, get bent.

All of this talk about sjws and pushing agendas on people reminds me of the flat earth movement. It's all a big conspiracy....pfffft

Btw, I will buy the game. If I don't enjoy it, I won't play it. I've already had thousands of hours of fun with BF titles. The cost of 1 video game is the same as or cheaper than, a night out, a round of golf....I could go on and on.
  • NLBartmaN

I like how anyone who disagrees with your narrow minded view of customizations is a "blind fanboy".

You are missing the part that some just don't care, they buy the game because it is called BF .. they really don't care what kind of game it is ...

Those I call blind fanboys.

And if EA/Dice just say "accept it or dont buy it" (the topic of this discussion) we trully don't care what you think, they apperantly only want blind fanboys

(and girls and those that are not sure/don't want to be one of the 2 or want to be both, before we forget them... )
  • awakeey
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Both DICE and fanboys can't handle criticism about their beloved game, there is no point arguing with them. Look at how they're angry about all of this criticism and the weirdest part of all this controversy, we're the ones who cares about video games, after all "it's just a video game" is their argument.

If you don't like this attitude, just stop supporting this generic shooter, you'll lose nothing at all, instead you'll have another 60$ to spend on "fresh" games like TLOU2 (amazing female base character btw), RDR 2, Post Scriptum etc.
  • DARTH_JAR_JAR222
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    awakeey wrote: »
    Both DICE and fanboys can't handle criticism about their beloved game, there is no point arguing with them. Look at how they're angry about all of this criticism and the weirdest part of all this controversy, we're the ones who cares about video games, after all "it's just a video game" is their argument.

If you don't like this attitude, just stop supporting this generic shooter, you'll lose nothing at all, instead you'll have another 60$ to spend on "fresh" games like TLOU2 (amazing female base character btw), RDR 2, Post Scriptum etc.

The funny thing is, you're criticising a game you haven't played, based on a small glimpse at the cosmetics.

I guess I'd be upset if DICE/EA told me directly, that they have so little respect for my opinion that they didn't want me to purchase their game.
  • NLBartmaN

I appreciate your attempt at teaching life lessons, but you are speaking with adults. Save it.

We are not talking about people that are critical but decide to still buy the game, we are talking about people who just don't care, whatever EA/Dice would do or say.

The attitude EA and Dice showed gives a vibe they just want that kind of customers.

Thinking that, telling people that are critical on your choices, they are uneducated and you just don't care and the overall attitude of Dice dev's and EA is "normal" doesn't really sound like an adult ..
  • awakeey
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The funny thing is, you're criticising a game you haven't played, based on a small glimpse at the cosmetics.

It's not funny at all man, that's how promotions and feedback works.

First i saw the reveal trailer, didn't like it, it didn't felt like WW2 to me and this whole new theme of Battlefield seem childish, but still, i was eager to see actual gameplay, i could've undermine the ugly cosmetics on behalf of improved gameplay, i wait till i see actual gameplay videos, while this whole thing happening around E3 come by and i saw gameplay, i did like the new gunplay mechanics while i didn't like fortifications and i thought this game looks and feels the same as BF 1, still i wanted to feel it myself, i was eager to play open beta (if it's happening) until i heard that childish comment by Dave S.

I'm sorry, i can't support a company who calls their supporters uneducated because they didn't like the new theme and customisations, it's not ethical to me.
  • lmGarbage
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Maybe if it was a modern shooter, i could overlook the statement.

This discussion has been closed.