Horrible performance with GTX 1070 and i5 4670k

lllTheSentinelll
115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I don't see why this is such an issue. I get around 30-60 frames per second, with frequent drops below 30. Is this some cursed combination of CPU and GPU?

Comments

• BigF33t_13
    6575 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The cpu is below minimum requirements. The last few updates to the game has made it harder to run the game on older i5's. EA did warn about this. My advice is to overclock it as far as you safely can.
  • ro7hbard
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    I never had an issue on my 4670k and recently upgraded to i5 8400 and now i have constant stuttering on most maps. The game is unplayable now in its current state for me. I am going to upgrade my firewall to see if that is the problem. I don't see what else could be causing such stuttering all of a sudden.

I have the same stuttering in BF4 and that has also become unplayable all of a sudden, even though I have played 1000 hours in it with no issues using the same hardware, except the CPU and motherboard I recently purchased.
  • Bacardiiiiiiiiii
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Take a peek in Task Manager, which programs use CPU usage
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah
    1083 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    ro7hbard wrote: »
    I never had an issue on my 4670k and recently upgraded to i5 8400 and now i have constant stuttering on most maps. The game is unplayable now in its current state for me. I am going to upgrade my firewall to see if that is the problem. I don't see what else could be causing such stuttering all of a sudden.

I have the same stuttering in BF4 and that has also become unplayable all of a sudden, even though I have played 1000 hours in it with no issues using the same hardware, except the CPU and motherboard I recently purchased.

Did you buy 2 sticks of ram?
  • Wandereru
    355 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    4c/4t CPU's have a hard time handling the game, simple as that. I moved from a i5 3570k to a ryzen 2600 recently. Pairing it with a GTX 970 I now play on ultra settings instead high and still have a lot smoother experience with minimum FPS never going below 80 while previously I got to as low as 20.
  • ro7hbard
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

No I didn't because RAM is so expensive? Do you think it might be that? I bought 8gb ram only. It has crossed my mind but surely that shouldn't cause the constant glitching?
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah
    1083 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

No I didn't because RAM is so expensive? Do you think it might be that? I bought 8gb ram only. It has crossed my mind but surely that shouldn't cause the constant glitching?

You only have 1 stick of 8GB or 2 sticks of 4GB? Because if you only have 1 stick thats whats crippling your performamce.
  • ro7hbard

You only have 1 stick of 8GB or 2 sticks of 4GB? Because if you only have 1 stick thats whats crippling your performamce.

I've always had two sticks on previous setups but with the price of RAM it just destroyed me to have to spend that much on stupid RAM. As I had 2x4gb previously I thought 8gb of ram was enough. But I guess you are right, I will buy another stick of RAM and see if it helps.
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah

I've always had two sticks on previous setups but with the price of RAM it just destroyed me to have to spend that much on stupid RAM. As I had 2x4gb previously I thought 8gb of ram was enough. But I guess you are right, I will buy another stick of RAM and see if it helps.

Yes but did you buy 2x4GB for this new setup or 1x8GB.
  • ro7hbard

1x8gb
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah

1x8gb

Yup, that's what crippling your performance in games and in cpu intensive games like bf4 & 1 it hits harder.
  • Sechnaill
    992 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No issues with my i7-4790k
  • BigF33t_13
    6575 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Dual channel ram is a MUST.
  • -Bl1tzTurk-
    399 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »
    The cpu is below minimum requirements. The last few updates to the game has made it harder to run the game on older i5's. EA did warn about this. My advice is to overclock it as far as you safely can.

Why should it be harder after updates? The max players on the servers is the same. The maps also are not bigger or what ever. Why should it be harder for the CPU if these factors didnt change?
  • Piotrek1983pm
    337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had i54670k and it was just nightmare, your gtx1070 wont help, I updated to i78700k and kept my gtx1060, the game runs by millions faster...
  • Mikex2112
    1010 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 2018
    Do any of you people know how to PC?
    I mean seriously,Is everyone stuck in some kind of "stupidity" vortex where logic and brains simply don't exist?
    I'm using a 6600k/970 in 1440p/high settings (stable 60+fps) and have no issues with BF1,or any other game for that matter.
    But then again I know how to optimize my own rig...Maybe some of you should do the same.
  • -Bl1tzTurk-
    Mikex2112 wrote: »
    I mean seriously,Is everyone stuck in some kind of "stupidity" vortex where logic and brains simply don't exist?
    I'm using a 6600k/970 in 1440p/high settings (stable 60+fps) and have no issues with BF1,or any other game for that matter.
    But then again I know how to optimize my own rig...Maybe some of you should do the same.

You dont know anything. Why should we even ''optimize'' thing while the hardware is already optimized for the game? Why do we must always search for things to be able to turn a game properly? I mean i have a i5 7600K + RX 480 + 16GB DDR4 + SSD250 + MSI Z270 Tomahawk. What else do i need to run this crappy game properly?

I mean with V-sync on everything is smooth but as soon as i turn V-sync on everything turns in to a messy spike lag.
  • Mikex2112
    1010 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 2018
    V-sync on and the game runs fine?
    LMAO....Sounds like a classic PC issue and not the game...In other words PEBCAK
  • -Bl1tzTurk-
    V-sync on and the game runs fine?
    LMAO....Sounds like a classic PC issue and not the game...In other words PEBCAK

Dude, even if i turn V-sync on in Radeon settings and turn v-sync off in game i get still the same problem. Its not my PC. If it was my PC why i didnt had this problem before
    the update? Explain that first instead of talking about my machine.
  • ackers75
    1925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Well done that was a great help to people
    BRAVO!