hardcore mode

Comments

• Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Lets also not forget that the RSP was/is so god awful in BF1 that when you tried to setup a Server to have the proper HC settings from previous games it would lump your server into a custom status and it was impossible to get traffic to your server. The RSP program for servers is such a hot mess its unfathomable, its clear EA wants it to fail so they can dictate 100% Like COD has. Thats likely where we are headed sadly. Where EA dictates everything and the player gets zero choice.
  • Straafex
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    Straafex wrote: »
    The destroyed HC mode in BF1, I don't see why they would care about those of us who preferred it now.

Your hardcore is too hardcore! Give us another hardcore!
    HC kiddos at their finest.

This is so accurate lol.

Them - "We Want Hardcore!"

DICE - "K. Here".

Them - "Jesus, Too Much Hardcore!"

You probably didn't actually read the rest of the thread, but I haven't seen a single person complain about something being "too hardcore" - it's all been literally the opposite of that.

ShevermiN wrote: »
    They are making the game more hardcore, no auto regen, not quite spawn of squad leader, have to pick up ammo etc..

None of that matters if you can hide behind a rock for 5 seconds and start regenerating health, or if it takes an entire magazine to kill someone. In general, though, I do like those changes.

If it takes you an entire magazine to kill someone, it's because your aim isn't good enough, not because core.

Running to hardcore to let your spray/pray technique prop you up for a few kills, doesn't make you a better player.

We can agree to disagree. In my opinion, it's pretty clear that you need to be a better, more skillful player to do well in HC when compared to normal mode, but I know HC isn't for everyone.

• Axlerod1
    1384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Did anyone notice they deliberatly did not talk about hardcore. The did not want a true hardcore in BF1. I do not expect to see hardcore at all in BFV
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't get my hopes up for it. It seems like a lot of game companies have been moving away from supporting the hardcore game modes. Even the last COD I played had hardly any support for it.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The destroyed HC mode in BF1, I don't see why they would care about those of us who preferred it now.

This is so accurate lol.

DICE - "K. Here".

You probably didn't actually read the rest of the thread, but I haven't seen a single person complain about something being "too hardcore" - it's all been literally the opposite of that.

They are making the game more hardcore, no auto regen, not quite spawn of squad leader, have to pick up ammo etc..

None of that matters if you can hide behind a rock for 5 seconds and start regenerating health, or if it takes an entire magazine to kill someone. In general, though, I do like those changes.

If it takes you an entire magazine to kill someone, it's because your aim isn't good enough, not because core.

Running to hardcore to let your spray/pray technique prop you up for a few kills, doesn't make you a better player.

We can agree to disagree. In my opinion, it's pretty clear that you need to be a better, more skillful player to do well in HC when compared to normal mode, but I know HC isn't for everyone.

BF's Hardcore Community didn't like BF1's Hardcore.

Enough said.
  • imdistorted
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

This is so accurate lol.

DICE - "K. Here".

Enough said.

Aren't you cute with your Orange Doritos and mini map. AKA bot assist. BF1 HC mode is trash last minute oh crap we gotta fix this nonsense. Dice only needs to do what was in bf4 and its fine for the majority.
  • EXILE157
    258 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    I wonder if any care will be given to hardcore this time around unlike the useless mess from BF1
    Rent a sever so you can make it Hardcore. We need Hardcore severs, all these $$ casual console gamers $$ are dominating EA/DICE final decisions in gaming. No strategic competition anymore.

I notice that most of these comment are coming from casual console players starting with the front man > TickTak77 > figures....I won’t be wasting my time here.

• Reverend-1313
    RSP isnt really an option in its current state for a multitude if reasons. Its horrible broken and insufficient. There are tons of threads in the RSP forums that illustrate this fact. EA letting 3rd party hosting companies back into the game an a complete overhaul of all the crap they broke with RSP is what is needed sadly.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2018

This is so accurate lol.

DICE - "K. Here".

Enough said.

Aren't you cute with your Orange Doritos and mini map. AKA bot assist. BF1 HC mode is trash last minute oh crap we gotta fix this nonsense. Dice only needs to do what was in bf4 and its fine for the majority.

Relax. We know without hardcore, most of you would be forced to retire from FPS. Dont blame core players for your lack of aim, or inability to deal with the pace/intensity of core.

The skill is in core. Hardcore has long been the haven for the older & the lacking.

BFV will provide a very mindful core experience that will deliver many of the things the hardcore community often ask for - quick TTK, no spotting, no auto health regen.

And yet despite that, you hardcore folks will continue to beg for hardcore because you wont be able to cope.

So lets stop pretending its about skill & challenge, unless lack of skill is the topic of discussion
  • imdistorted
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018

This is so accurate lol.

DICE - "K. Here".

Enough said.

Relax. We know without hardcore, most of you would be forced to retire from FPS. Dont blame core players for your lack of aim, or inability to deal with the pace/intensity of core.

The skill is in core. Hardcore has long been the haven for the older & the lacking.

BFV will provide a very mindful core experience that will deliver many of the things the hardcore community often ask for - quick TTK, no spotting, no auto health regen.

And yet despite that, you hardcore folks will continue to beg for hardcore because you wont be able to cope.

So lets stop pretending its about skill & challenge, unless lack of skill is the topic of discussion

And you cant play the game without your little minimap players finder to feel your way to kills. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. If you dont want to play HC fine, but dont ruin other's threads with your defense and why you hate HC. The threads isnt about you DA.

*** Trolling everyone on this thread Reported
  • AshlerG
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

The thing is if all you played was hardcore in other battlefields then it was great. But the amount of new player plagued the game mode with team killers who cant tell the difference of uniforms and rank 2 scout trying to rank up with easy kills.
  • smys123
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If they introduce a battle royal type mode, I wouldn't mind if it was a hardcore type mode. We could even jump in like two other battle royal games that have small followings.
  • bierster
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018

This is so accurate lol.

DICE - "K. Here".

Enough said.

The 100% truth is that hardcore players are superior players. On the rare occasion we play on a core server, we dominate because it's easier. We don't need the handicaps that core provides to be good. We enjoy the difficulty it provides and although BFV is a step in the right direction we want pure Hardcore as well.

Post edited for content. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • M1sta_M1sta
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    JenTosM wrote: »
    Hardcore in BF1 is perfect. I just hope they will make it much easier to fing in the browser.

^^^ This was what was wrong with hardcore mode, no one could find it

In BF1 it takes 5-6 clicks through non intuitive sub menus to find a hardcore mode server list

on BF3 and BF4, hardcore mode was a tick box next to the main server list
  • Reverend-1313
    edited June 2018
    JenTosM wrote: »
    Hardcore in BF1 is perfect. I just hope they will make it much easier to fing in the browser.

^^^ This was what was wrong with hardcore mode, no one could find it

In BF1 it takes 5-6 clicks through non intuitive sub menus to find a hardcore mode server list

on BF3 and BF4, hardcore mode was a tick box next to the main server list

Yeah, I personally take the conspiracy theory route and say EA/Dice intentional designed the worst possible server browser and server hosting setup so they can make it like COD and Starwars where all you get is a Play Now button. This also applies to hardcore, they keep changing and making it so bad nobody wants to play it.

If I don't jokingly think this, it's depressing to imagine that they were actually trying to make something good and ended up with the garbage that was BF1. Especially coming from previous titles, that being said the server browser has gotten worse with each release going back to bf2.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It will not matter, Dice will not have HC in BFV I believe. You can already see their indeifference with the non release of HC in BF1 at launch. And to add to that, their total lack of understanding of what makes good HC. It seems that all the devs that worked on HC for BF4 left and Dice gave it to the summer interns to implement for BF1.

BFV core seems to have many of the things that HC normally has.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2018
    Hardcore settings confirmed by Sirland!

• Reverend-1313
    "coming soon"
  • F1SteveO
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

"Hardcore settings", Now if that said *Hardcore Servers* i'd be much happier. But chances are it will be just like how BF1 done HC, hidden in custom game list.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    F1SteveO wrote: »

"Hardcore settings", Now if that said *Hardcore Servers* i'd be much happier. But chances are it will be just like how BF1 done HC, hidden in custom game list.

Possible but all presets are based on configuration settings. From an Admin point of view they are the same thing.

How do you make a BF4 server hardcore? Change config settings. Same for BF1, BF3, BC2, BFH, BF2142, BF2, BF Vietnam ... BF 1942. Via File line command or by UI ticks/selects. Same result.