The Ultimate Battlefield 1 Graphics/Performance Guide 2018

Comments

• Smokeeeee619
    4 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hello there!! Same issue here. Im on competitive settings with average of 30fps on 64player map and almost 40fps on 32player map with 100% cpu usage all the time and low gpu usage tried the .cfg thing but doesn't help

Here are my specs
    Ryzen 3 1300x (not OCed)
    Gtx 1060 3gb (OCed)
    8gb ram ddr4 2400mhz(OCed to 2800mhz)
    1tb hdd
    No ssd

Im playing at 1080p 60hz monitor

Cant even stay on 60fps
    Almost unplayable in 64player map on huge maps

I need help on this

I tested this game with a R7-1700 OC'ed to 3.725 GHz with 4 cores and smt disables to see how it would run. You need to lower cpu intensive settings a bit like mesh,shadows and lighting. On the nvidia control panel disable the option called "Threaded Optimization" this one helped me smooth out the fps a bit. Also is that ram 2 sticks of 4GB?

Doing fine now after disabling MSIafterburner doing like 40+ fps on 64player game (it does not drop below 40fps now. I do have 1x8gb cause im on a cheap motherboard with 2ram slot so i will be soon getting another 8gb ram (ram prices are high atm so i cant afford to buy another one)
  • Smokeeeee619
    4 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hello there!! Same issue here. Im on competitive settings with average of 30fps on 64player map and almost 40fps on 32player map with 100% cpu usage all the time and low gpu usage tried the .cfg thing but doesn't help

Here are my specs
    Ryzen 3 1300x (not OCed)
    Gtx 1060 3gb (OCed)
    1tb hdd
    No ssd

Cant even stay on 60fps

I need help on this

If you don't overclock your CPU, it performs worse then 6600k ( minimum requirement for the game). Just Google some benchmarks. And the fact that you only have 8gb RAM and that you have a slow drive for virtual memory doesnt help. You have a weird configuration. A 1600x with a 1050ti would have resulted in better performance for the same price.

Try do to some windows tweaking to the max ( just Google it) and try to overclock that cpu.

Yes i do have a slow cpu. This is a budget system build only planning to upgrade soon and that my budget motherboard is not future proof with 2 ram slot (msi a320m motherboard, yes budget system and also im not necessarily gonna do overclocking on CPU). Going to get another 8gb RAM and ssd for the OS and the game. I used 1050ti before then I upgraded to 1060 (i dont know the reason why i upgraded lol). Another thing MSIafterburner was the reason for low fps because of that rivatuner that i kept running so that i can monitor the temps and usage.

I would likely to pleased to know your opinion on what road should i go in terms of the upgrade path.
    Thank you for this tip
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Here are my specs
    Ryzen 3 1300x (not OCed)
    Gtx 1060 3gb (OCed)
    1tb hdd
    No ssd

Cant even stay on 60fps

I need help on this

If you don't overclock your CPU, it performs worse then 6600k ( minimum requirement for the game). Just Google some benchmarks. And the fact that you only have 8gb RAM and that you have a slow drive for virtual memory doesnt help. You have a weird configuration. A 1600x with a 1050ti would have resulted in better performance for the same price.

Try do to some windows tweaking to the max ( just Google it) and try to overclock that cpu.

Yes i do have a slow cpu. This is a budget system build only planning to upgrade soon and that my budget motherboard is not future proof with 2 ram slot (msi a320m motherboard, yes budget system and also im not necessarily gonna do overclocking on CPU). Going to get another 8gb RAM and ssd for the OS and the game. I used 1050ti before then I upgraded to 1060 (i dont know the reason why i upgraded lol). Another thing MSIafterburner was the reason for low fps because of that rivatuner that i kept running so that i can monitor the temps and usage.

I would likely to pleased to know your opinion on what road should i go in terms of the upgrade path.
    Thank you for this tip

I honestly don't think afterburner is the problem. The option "OSD Overlay" might be. Afterburner only uses about 8MB RAM so my guess is that the overlay is taxing your hardware to much.

The fact that you're already planning on upgrading RAM + SSD will improve your PC experience on all fronts. Windows and other software will load faster and you'll be able to run more applications at the same time without running in to your RAM limitation.

My opinion:
    - CPU:
    Since you can't overclock with your A320 chipset, you're only option is to upgrade that CPU. The A320 chipset is very basic and doesn't allow overclocking. At this point in time, the Ryzen 2600 has the best price/performance ratio. Especially if you can not overclock.
    - Motherboard: It's more future proof then you give it credit for. The old chipset already supports Ryzen 2xxx with a Bios update and it might even support Ryzen 2 coming in 2019, but I wouldn't count on it.
    - RAM:
    You already sad you're going to upgrade the RAM. Not a bad idea but keep in mind that even if you buy the exact same RAM or RAM with the exact same specifications, you might still run in to compatiblity/stability issues. There is a reason why there are RAM kits ( ex.: 2x 8GB ). They ensure compatability. Keep in mind that there is about 10-15% performance difference between 2400Mhz and 3200Mhz RAM on Ryzen.
    - Motherboard:
    Upgrading the motherboard to B350 chipset ( or higher ) will allow you to overclock the CPU and it will have some other features you might find usefull. Don't expect high performance gains vs your A320 unless you overclock your CPU. What can you expect when you overclock your CPU? About 10-15% performance gain.
    - GPU:
    For 1080p gaming. Your 1060 will do fine in BF1 and it might even perform well in BF V aswell. Your CPU is your main limitation at this point.
    -SSD:
    You don't have to buy the most expensive or the highest speed. For games, you won't see any differnece in loading times once you go above 300MB/s. Don't ask my why, it's just how it is. I'm currently using a 3000MB/S M2 drive and I don't see any difference between this and my 500MB/s SSD. Only when I copy a big file I can actually notice the performance difference.

To be honest, it's hard for me to advice you in wich order you should upgrade. Your CPU, your motherboard, your RAM, your harddrive, all of them are not "gaming material". I honestly don't understand why you saved 20$ on that 320 chipset, or why you upgraded your 1050TI for a 1060. Maybe someone else can advise you on the upgrade order you should follow. I have the feeling that any advice I might give, could be the wrong advice.

In the future, don't try to save money on the motherboard and the RAM, well, you can, but don't go so low budget again. Also, spend some times researching hardware. If you had done research, you would have known that 2400Mhz RAM for Ryzen is ok, but you will Always cripple the CPU for 10%. And if you had done research, you wouldn't have combined a 1300X ( X = overclocking ) CPU on a 320 chipset ( that doesn't allow overclocking ).

I I can give one peace of advice. You will gain performance on whatever you upgrade. Jus't don't upgrade your GPU yet. It should be fine for at least another year. And if they don't **** up BF V like they did on BF1, maybe two years :)
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah
    1083 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Here are my specs
    Ryzen 3 1300x (not OCed)
    Gtx 1060 3gb (OCed)
    1tb hdd
    No ssd

Cant even stay on 60fps

I need help on this

I tested this game with a R7-1700 OC'ed to 3.725 GHz with 4 cores and smt disables to see how it would run. You need to lower cpu intensive settings a bit like mesh,shadows and lighting. On the nvidia control panel disable the option called "Threaded Optimization" this one helped me smooth out the fps a bit. Also is that ram 2 sticks of 4GB?

Doing fine now after disabling MSIafterburner doing like 40+ fps on 64player game (it does not drop below 40fps now. I do have 1x8gb cause im on a cheap motherboard with 2ram slot so i will be soon getting another 8gb ram (ram prices are high atm so i cant afford to buy another one)

Using 1 stick on modern cpus especially on ryzen will murder your performance. But youre saving for another stick so you'll get the performance you should be getting.
  • Wew_cooL
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    thanks so much, now i know why i cant spot enemies in dark spot with all ultra setting. but it was fun and realistic
  • LowApproachG
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi! bf1 runs sluggish for me, I have an i5 6400, 4 core 4 threads @2.70GHZ , 12 GB DDR3 and GTX 970.
    I copied and pasted the following cfg file, would please take a look and see if there are anyways to improve my frame rate as well as game fluidity? I appreciate it.
    perfoverlay.drawfps 1
    Thread.MaxProcessorCount 4
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2
    GameTime.MaxVariableFps 90
    Thread.ProcessorCount 4
    Thread.MinFreeProcessorCount 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurRadialBlurMax 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurEnabled 0
    WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
    WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 256
    WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hi! bf1 runs sluggish for me, I have an i5 6400, 4 core 4 threads @2.70GHZ , 12 GB DDR3 and GTX 970.
    I copied and pasted the following cfg file, would please take a look and see if there are anyways to improve my frame rate as well as game fluidity? I appreciate it.
    perfoverlay.drawfps 1
    Thread.MaxProcessorCount 4
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2
    GameTime.MaxVariableFps 90
    Thread.ProcessorCount 4
    Thread.MinFreeProcessorCount 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurRadialBlurMax 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurEnabled 0
    WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
    WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 256
    WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0

Have you tried changing RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2 to 1 or 0?
  • Smokeeeee619

Here are my specs
    Ryzen 3 1300x (not OCed)
    Gtx 1060 3gb (OCed)
    1tb hdd
    No ssd

Cant even stay on 60fps

I need help on this

Thank you for this tip

I honestly don't think afterburner is the problem. The option "OSD Overlay" might be. Afterburner only uses about 8MB RAM so my guess is that the overlay is taxing your hardware to much.

The fact that you're already planning on upgrading RAM + SSD will improve your PC experience on all fronts. Windows and other software will load faster and you'll be able to run more applications at the same time without running in to your RAM limitation.

My opinion:
    - CPU:
    Since you can't overclock with your A320 chipset, you're only option is to upgrade that CPU. The A320 chipset is very basic and doesn't allow overclocking. At this point in time, the Ryzen 2600 has the best price/performance ratio. Especially if you can not overclock.
    - Motherboard: It's more future proof then you give it credit for. The old chipset already supports Ryzen 2xxx with a Bios update and it might even support Ryzen 2 coming in 2019, but I wouldn't count on it.
    - RAM:
    You already sad you're going to upgrade the RAM. Not a bad idea but keep in mind that even if you buy the exact same RAM or RAM with the exact same specifications, you might still run in to compatiblity/stability issues. There is a reason why there are RAM kits ( ex.: 2x 8GB ). They ensure compatability. Keep in mind that there is about 10-15% performance difference between 2400Mhz and 3200Mhz RAM on Ryzen.
    - Motherboard:
    Upgrading the motherboard to B350 chipset ( or higher ) will allow you to overclock the CPU and it will have some other features you might find usefull. Don't expect high performance gains vs your A320 unless you overclock your CPU. What can you expect when you overclock your CPU? About 10-15% performance gain.
    - GPU:
    For 1080p gaming. Your 1060 will do fine in BF1 and it might even perform well in BF V aswell. Your CPU is your main limitation at this point.
    -SSD:
    You don't have to buy the most expensive or the highest speed. For games, you won't see any differnece in loading times once you go above 300MB/s. Don't ask my why, it's just how it is. I'm currently using a 3000MB/S M2 drive and I don't see any difference between this and my 500MB/s SSD. Only when I copy a big file I can actually notice the performance difference.

To be honest, it's hard for me to advice you in wich order you should upgrade. Your CPU, your motherboard, your RAM, your harddrive, all of them are not "gaming material". I honestly don't understand why you saved 20$ on that 320 chipset, or why you upgraded your 1050TI for a 1060. Maybe someone else can advise you on the upgrade order you should follow. I have the feeling that any advice I might give, could be the wrong advice.

In the future, don't try to save money on the motherboard and the RAM, well, you can, but don't go so low budget again. Also, spend some times researching hardware. If you had done research, you would have known that 2400Mhz RAM for Ryzen is ok, but you will Always cripple the CPU for 10%. And if you had done research, you wouldn't have combined a 1300X ( X = overclocking ) CPU on a 320 chipset ( that doesn't allow overclocking ).

I I can give one peace of advice. You will gain performance on whatever you upgrade. Jus't don't upgrade your GPU yet. It should be fine for at least another year. And if they don't **** up BF V like they did on BF1, maybe two years :)

I think i will doing this upgrade path
    Procie + mobo>>> Ram >>> SSD
    Gonna get me a 2600 with b350

And yes i think its the overlay that causes the lag

And also this is my first pc build so i dont have any idea on what the X means hahaahaa

Thanks for the tips!!!
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah
    1083 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The x variants have higher clock speeds. The 2600x and a good cooler is better for people that dont want to overclock because of how far xfr2 will clock 2-4 cores.
  • SMK_GAMING_2
    775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I have a 1600x CPU, if i want to assign 6 threads to the game is this correct?

thread.processorcount 12
    thread.maxprocessorcount 6
  • spynylcracka
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The x variants have higher clock speeds. The 2600x and a good cooler is better for people that dont want to overclock because of how far xfr2 will clock 2-4 cores.

I agree, however the Wraith Spire cooler isn't very good. I have one and had to get a better cooler because my temps were too high even a stock speeds, and I have a case with really good airflow. Overclocking is really easy so you could save the money and buy the non X version and overclock it since you will need to buy a better cooler anyways, especially if you don't have great airflow in your case or live in a warm climate.
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch

thread.processorcount 12

That should do the trick. You can always use the command "render.drawscreeninfo 1" to show how many threads are being used.
  • SMK_GAMING_2
    775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

thread.processorcount 12

That should do the trick. You can always use the command "render.drawscreeninfo 1" to show how many threads are being used.

Yeah I have that information up also, before it was 4 threads, but for some reason it is now saying 5 threads, not 6 after I created the user.cfg file.
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch

thread.processorcount 12

Yeah I have that information up also, before it was 4 threads, but for some reason it is now saying 5 threads, not 6 after I created the user.cfg file.

Well, setting it on 2 results in 3, setting it on 12 results on 11. So my guess is if you put it on 7 you will have 6 :)
  • SMK_GAMING_2

thread.processorcount 12

Well, setting it on 2 results in 3, setting it on 12 results on 11. So my guess is if you put it on 7 you will have 6 :)

Haha jeez I really do have my dumb dumb moments at times, thanks for pointing out the obvious that was lost on me ;-) haha
  • RabidZoJo
    50 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018

[/quote]

Everything seems great, except one big problem i can't figure out. My gpu usage stays around 65-70% and I can't crack 150 fps with all settings on low! Doesn't this mean I am missing out on free performance/fps?
    Post edited by RabidZoJo on
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah
    RabidZoJo wrote: »

Everything seems great, except one big problem i can't figure out. My gpu usage stays around 65-70% and I can't crack 150 fps with all settings on low! Doesn't this mean I am missing out on free performance/fps?

Thats a case of your cpu not able to muster more frames.
  • ATREES92
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is huge man, thanks a lot!
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    ATREES92 wrote: »
    This is huge man, thanks a lot!

Np
  • Th3_Lidless_Eye
    13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hi, I have this setup

I7 7700 + RX470 4GB + 8 GB DDR4 2400MHZ KINGSTON + H110M PRO PLUS

I play with low settings with 60 fps with drops to 30 or 40. Is it a problem of having only 8 gb of ram? or should I configure the user.cfg according to my I7. If its the last option? how should I configure it? could you copy what i'd had to write? thanks a lot
This discussion has been closed.