Why Am i running BF1 So bad with my PC ?

2»

Comments

• bloodraptor819
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Jinko_itx wrote: »
    When I first got this game I could run it perfectly, I had a GTX 660Ti, i5 3570k and 8GB of ram. I had about 45-70 fps on low-medium.

Now I run it with a GTX 1080 with the same cpu and ram, but now I can't even run it on the lowest setting possible. I would get 50 fps with horrible stutters.

I know people are going to moan about my bottlenecking setup, but it's **** how it ran perfectly before.

when you put in a much faster GPU, you going to put more stress on the CPU, for a GTX 1080 the minimum cpu to be used for that card is the i7 4790k, your computer is not balanced anymore since your now trying to force the cpu to do more than it can handle due to a more powerful GPU.

I understand where you are coming from, but I try to play on the lowest setting possible and still wont work. Even lower than on my previous setup, so my GTX 1080 is barely used, so it is supposed to give my cpu enough room. I also wanted to go back to the Windows Anniversary Update but I dont have the option to rollback. I dont wanna reset my PC, since every other 2017 triple A game works good on ultra with my setup.

When you put your setting to low, gpu is pushing even more frames. Try to set the resolution scale higher to utilize the gpu more.

Good suggestion, but I max my FPS to 60.
  • CrazyFieldTRY
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    ok i saw all the comments and i have something to say
    With gtx 750TI i3 i ran this game SAME
    i bought a new pc speaclly for BF1 and i can't even run it
    i maybe just leave to COD or to Destiny 2 ): i never thought i will say this but BEST OPTIMIZATION EVER BOIS
    other games run GOOD AF
    over on 4K 80 Fps
    R6S 4K 60-70 FPS
  • CrazyFieldTRY
    FFS instant replay IS $%#*
    dont use it
    its better now i run this game at 2k Ultra 60fps
  • TheBouncyCastle
    930 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    to anyone that is using an Nvidia card, make sure your GPU restricted memory is ON and make sure you have DX 12 OFF

Only if you have a gpu that is short on VRAM such as 2-4GB cards. For those with 6+ GB cards, it should be off.

DX12 works for some systems also. No reason to say turn it off.
  • CrazyFieldTRY
    Th3St1ng wrote: »
    to anyone that is using an Nvidia card, make sure your GPU restricted memory is ON and make sure you have DX 12 OFF

Only if you have a gpu that is short on VRAM such as 2-4GB cards. For those with 6+ GB cards, it should be off.

DX12 works for some systems also. No reason to say turn it off.

i've tried to put it on/off DX12 Is FPS Killing machine
    i can't play this game
    #R.I.P BF?
  • Mord-Vi
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 2017
    Even though I can usually play the game all ultra and maintain something near 144 fps, I choose not to, and run everything low, with AA set to TAA, Mesh set to ULTRA - this gives me the most stable framerate, (and best visibility) 144fps locked in almost all cases, even when DICE optimization is crapping on the fan.
  • MightySuperted
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    hello.

im having a bit issues with my bf1 game.
    there are constant micro stutters and the fps goes down from 120+ too about 60 and lower from time to time. i think i have a decent setup, and all the other games i have works just fine.

specs.
    gtx 1080ti
    17 7700k
    16gb ram
    and the game is on a raided ssd.

DICE PLS... :P

and it does not matter if i play on ultra or medium, the result is the same...
    all drivers are updated, and should be good to go.
  • Bacardiiiiiiiiii
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    16GB RAM, is it one RAM stick (1 x 16GB) or two RAM stick (2 x 8GB) ?
    hello.

im having a bit issues with my bf1 game.
    there are constant micro stutters and the fps goes down from 120+ too about 60 and lower from time to time. i think i have a decent setup, and all the other games i have works just fine.

specs.
    gtx 1080ti
    17 7700k
    16gb ram
    and the game is on a raided ssd.

DICE PLS... :P

and it does not matter if i play on ultra or medium, the result is the same...
    all drivers are updated, and should be good to go.

• OCHOBA-SBG
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Is auto defragmentation setting is scheduled? To check that, in Windows search type "defrag".
    Is your antivirus performing any scanning during the time while you play the game?
    Is there any background programs running while you play? Might be also a problem of high HDD load if, for example, Windows Backup is running.