My fears of playing alone aren't so bad after watching gameplay today.

Jonny_ChaosMCR
1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Was worried that it would all depend on verbal communication and having to play with friends or not at all. Seems a lot like BF1 though in terms of just jumping in a random squad and working with your team, without having to have conversations over headsets. Doesn't look like you need physical friends in the game, which was what I thought after hearing about it when it was announced. Seems the same though, commo rose is all you need if you're playing alone so i'm happy.

Comments

• Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well that's good
  • Foot_Elite_Tomei
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Commo rose and squad orders are enough for me with random squads. Those will get your message through if there's anybody willing to co-operate to begin with. Being able to mark attack and clear and secure area orders outside of objectives would be nice feature.
  • KYUSS_QOTSA
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Commo rose and squad orders are enough for me with random squads. Those will get your message through if there's anybody willing to co-operate to begin with. Being able to mark attack and clear and secure area orders outside of objectives would be nice feature.

can you actually hear now if someone in ur squad makes a voice command? because in BF1 i never heard anyone close to me say follow me, or need backup. not even sure it displays on chat message box.
  • Kongo030
    667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    IMHO in BF1 squad messages should have been signaled on the minimap with flashing icons.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well the Alpha isn’t necessarily the greatest to show off team play or squad play because there’s a squad bug, or there was earlier!! Lol!!

I’m not sure, I still think you’re going to need a friend or two maybe even a clan. Playing solo won’t be easy with limited ammo and no regen health. Something tells me Medic and support will be the meta.