Inifnite loading screen

HITMAN_SA95
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Recently when I launch Battlefield 1 (on PC) a black screen appears with a loading icon in the top right. The game will then permanently stay on this screen with the rotating loading icon.

What I have tried so far:
Log out and log into Origin again
Restart Origin
Use Origin repair game
Start both Origin and Battlefield with admin rights
Restart PC
Repeat above, still nothing
Update basically all my drivers. (While manually uninstalling them first)
Uninstall both Origin and Battlefield
Re download and install Origin
Re download and install Battlefield 1
Still not working

I can think of nothing left do to fix this. My pc specs:
i7 6700k, 16gb ram, gtx 1080.

At the moment I can't play the game at all. Can anyone please help me with this?

Comments

• DaveTheBrave_USA
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When switching or starting a new map the circle just keeps spinning and the screen is blank. Map will not load. This has happened several times since last update. You play a game, the game ends, the stats come up, then the timer gets to 0 and a new game should start but instead you get the spinning ball blank screen. Anybody else? Something about the update screwed things up. Never had this problem before.

i7 860
    GTX 1080
  • Banester
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same problem. I have to alt tab out and start task manager to end the game. When this happens it is hogging up 56% of my CPU usage.
  • Honzfonz
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Same here
  • DaveTheBrave_USA
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, that's all you can do is alt-tab and end it with task manager. After you waited several minutes just to get onto the server it is a pain. I reported it through Origin error reporter but I've never had any response from reporting a problem through the error reporter.
  • Juggernawt
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same, every time.
  • VidSicious666
    23 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same. Cant finish a round of operations anymore because on load to second map I get the spinning load of death and have to alt tab task manager out of the game and get zero points. Horrible. Silence from EA on problems is pathetic.
  • Quasar9111
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    same here, damn frustrating, especially that twice i got put in a game that just finished ! i have to kill game from TM and reload, annoying
  • StrikerBait
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    same here, I have been playing mainly Operations and either I get a black screen and spinning in upper right and have to End Task in Task Manager or if I get a menu, I click Quit but do not return to menu, just says "Quitting" and Cancel but also have to kill session.
  • impaelas
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Same thing here. Happens only after last update. Bloody annoying.
  • Forger44
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I noticed if you wait on the stats page for the spinning icon to stop before pressing Continue it prevents that from happening.
  • General_Z0dd
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yep, same thing. Seems to be pretty obviously widespread given the forum threads. Be nice to get some sort of official response.
  • BulletOverdose
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    same problem after last update, same specs they just brake the game with every update
  • -Eagleye68
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same here also.
  • Draxonfly
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Forger44 wrote: »
    I noticed if you wait on the stats page for the spinning icon to stop before pressing Continue it prevents that from happening.

This seems to help, thanks.. .. !?!
  • LumoColor
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Forger44 wrote: »
    This does not work on PC as you don't get a continue option on the scoreboard. Between operations maps on same game no scoreboard is displayed just jumps to the black screen of death.
  • Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    -Eagleye68 wrote: »
    Same here also.
    After the hundredth person posts "same here" I think it's safe to say it's not isolated to one person's machine, no?
  • Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    same problem after last update, same specs they just brake the game with every update
    "Brake the game"? Wait would that be disc, drum or anti-lock? Please be more specific.
  • CrowBarUSMC
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yup, this is a widespread common problem. Alt+F4 doesn't even work, have to Alt+Tab then end task, every time it happens. Also, SAME HERE, FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Quasar9111
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i am just utterly disgusted that there is no offical response or we know of this and working on it statement from the developers, it is 100% obvious its is not us ( players ) that is the issue, GET IT SORTED EA/DICE FFS.
  • VidSicious666
    23 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Worst communication with customers award goes to EA/DICE for not even bothering to acknowledge there is a problem. Happening twice a day to me now and does not happen a third time because I rage quit and give the double middle finger to EA and their request I purchase BFV.