Teamswitching

HuwJarz
3944 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Personally, I think that if you are playing in a server and you have all the flags in the first 2 mins, there is more of a challenge to teamswitch and see if you can turn it around.

I'm happy to take the loss. It's way more fun that way. What do you think?

I'm happy to risk the loss or have an intense game.

If you could do loads of spinning 360 t-bags, would you enjoy it more?

Comments

• kreepypriest
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    my platoon mate and i do that all the time...80% of the time it doesn’t work..the team gives up and snipes from the spawn.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Like the man says, doesn't work, the useful people on a team knows the jig is up and is filtering out as you see the same development and you're stuck with the clueless campers.
  • Skill4Reel
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It rarely ever works out this way in Battlefield 1. Usually a terrible team at the start of the match mostly remains terrible towards the end of it as well. I have been on squads with my platoon members where we've had 40,000+ more points than any other squad on our team, and it still wasn't enough because for the most part decent players can't carry a team to victory full of people that aren't even trying at all to get there.

There are five to seven objective icons on a conquest map for a reason. It is because this is a team game, and it takes more than just 1-5 people in a squad to cover and control that much territory successfully.
  • VoidReaper007
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's removed from Bf5.
  • ElliotLH
    8672 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Febelas wrote: »
    One-sided games suck regardless of which team you're on.

Was feeling this yesterday as most games I played one side was spawn trapped quickly and the games felt stale. In one of them my team had 200ish points and the enemy 65 during the start, and barely recovered. One of the matches where my team was being hammered my squad outscored everyone on our team massively and I even beat the top scoring enemy by 1000 points all because only my squad wanted to break out and take objectives. That's really not good.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm sure they could easily turn off teamswitching and change the Conquest scoring system to mirror that of BF5 and we'll have a much better BF1 just from those minor changes alone but what are the incentives?
  • shaunlake1344
    547 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Very rarely an option for me. When I try it 4 out of 5 times it will say 'teamswitching will cause the game to become imbalanced'. That's what happened in the third game I played with you guys just before I quit. My entire squad teamswitched yet I was not allowed. In the game before I had heard you having a go at one of the Aces guys for shooting you whilst on the opposite team. You said he was using the party chat to shoot you. He said he had to help his team. When I found myself deserted and on the opposite team I felt very uncomfortable, what am I supposed to do? Not shoot medics? How could I enjoy the game?

There are certain players who play together frequently and I refuse to be on their team. If I cannot teamswitch then I have to leave the lobby. I just can't play on the same team of a squad of level 150 players, it's so boring.

• WetFishDB
    2088 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they turn off team switching I hope they’ve improved balance a bit. Just last night the guys I was playing with all team switched to see we could help out the enemy who’d been spawn trapped early. Without the ability to do so that game would have been awfully boring for everyone.
  • von_Campenstein
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    If they turn off team switching I hope they’ve improved balance a bit. Just last night the guys I was playing with all team switched to see we could help out the enemy who’d been spawn trapped early. Without the ability to do so that game would have been awfully boring for everyone.

Turning it off without changing how Conquest is scored would be useless. I think it's way too late though and DICE have shown little interest in shoring up the bad state of the mode, could it be that it would steal too much of posterboy Operations thunder if Conquest all of a sudden was exciting again?
  • shaunlake1344
    547 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm just like, why are you pubstomping casuals when there's over 1000 BF1 clans? You can even teamswitch to the losing team and go on to dominate the game, where is the fun? The tension?

All you guys are doing is dominating casual solo players.

I just don't understand why people do this. BF1 has an amazing competitive mode called incursions. If I was to form a clan this is the only mode that would interest me, and I'd only be interested in taking on another clan.
  • WetFishDB
    2088 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

Turning it off without changing how Conquest is scored would be useless. I think it's way too late though and DICE have shown little interest in shoring up the bad state of the mode, could it be that it would steal too much of posterboy Operations thunder if Conquest all of a sudden was exciting again?

I agree. Sorry, I was referring to them turning it off in BFV, which already has the scoring change thankfully.
  • shaunlake1344
    The problem with balance is that it's based on skill, which is based on SPM. So what happens in TDM is players who join the lobby who main Conquest or Operations and are perceived to have the highest skill.

However, when they are confronted with intense, close quarter infantry fighting their Conquest and Operations skills do not transfer, and we can easily wipe them out. They need to balance the game on KD and KPM. These are the only stats that represent skill. The other stats are worthless for balancing.
  • AngryBFGameNerd
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Did any other shooter games allow their players to switch team in the middle of a fight? I just don't get it, if we are still playing battlefield 3 or 4 when most of the servers are set up by clan or group of friends, I am 100% ok with teamswitching, after all, they paid for that. Now, when most of the servers are official sever, why the heck teamswitching is still a thing?
  • DonSharkito
    797 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The problem with balance is that it's based on skill, which is based on SPM. So what happens in TDM is players who join the lobby who main Conquest or Operations and are perceived to have the highest skill.

However, when they are confronted with intense, close quarter infantry fighting their Conquest and Operations skills do not transfer, and we can easily wipe them out. They need to balance the game on KD and KPM. These are the only stats that represent skill. The other stats are worthless for balancing.

LOL. I have seen a lot more intense CQC fighting in any of the conquest, operations, frontlines or domination than in TDM.

I think it is completely the opposite of what you are saying. TDM only players are lost when they switch to another game mode where you have objectives or vehicles as they don't know how to deal with them, don't know how to play in a team, and only know how to play selfishly for kills.

If you want a game that is balanced on KD and KPM I suggest you move to a game like COD or CS (even though you will struggle on this one as a lot more teamwork is required to be successful here than in BF).
  • crimsonbomber
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In my opinion, the implementation of behemoths is what drove them to change the scoring system and allow (I say that with no hard evidence) the teams to consistently so poorly balanced in Bf1.. They spent a lot of time, and I’m guessing money, to develop them and put them in the game and they wanted them to be used regularly.. They looked cool at first but became stale really quick.. I would much rather have close games that aren’t practically over within the first 5-10 minutes of the game with little to no chance of a comeback happening..
  • shaunlake1344
    edited June 2018
    Another thing that really effects balance is whether the player plays in a team or not. I cannot believe this is not in the stats since it has a massive effect. A simple stat that shows time played alone vs time played in a party. This should be included in the skill algorithm and thus the balancing algorithm.

You see when a player plays in a party they can coordinate and attack targets together. Five players attacking a target will have a much higher chance of taking it simply because there is five of them. A much higher skilled solo player would not be able to achieve the feat. Also the five players are likely to have two or more medics in the squad so when they do attack the point each member of the squad is getting healed and revived, unlike the solo player who does not have this luxury. If there is a vehicle on the point they can attack another point.

Often people will play TDM when they play solo, and conquest as a team. This really messes up the balance because the skill of the player is not accurately represented. The player is actually much lower skilled than their stats suggest when they do not play with friends.

Post edited by shaunlake1344 on
  • shaunlake1344
    I've only been playing for 36 days. It's not like I've spent 90 days of my life playing BF1.