Incredibly disappointed

5hadyBrady
473 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
After watching some larger channels stream closed beta there's a few trends that stand out to me. The first being the surplus of sniper deaths. I'm watching guys die from one bullet out of a sniper rifle more than any other firefight. In fact, I didn't even really get to see any firefights. While watching POV I was able to see the streamer shoot some of the weapons, but I didn't get to see him engage in many firefights. He was always dying from a sniper he couldn't see. This went on for 30+ minutes. The streams are still on YouTube if anybody wants to see them. I commented on one of the videos and the host replied and said he felt like the "time to kill" was reduced significantly in BF5, and that sniper rifles were even more of a dominant force in BF5 than they were in BF1. Why are some of the influencer channels lying about this stuff? They're making it seem like snipers are going to have a more difficult time camping in corners avoiding teamwork, and instead, that's exactly what I'm watching........

Comments

• Turban_Legend80
    4749 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    You can’t make a judgement after just watching one player.
    Once you learn the maps you’ll learn where to avoid snipers.
  • 5hadyBrady
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yeah, no I didn't. I've been watching videos from quite a few of the larger channels. In fact, the reason I noticed this was because of how unusual the gameplay seemed. I'm used to watching people engage in actual firefights in BF1. Not randomly collapse to the ground from a sniper hiding out somewhere. It seems like the sniper is far more powerful in BF5 from what I'm seeing. I could post some of the streams here if you'd like to see them.
  • Phugazi
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    5hadyBrady wrote: »
    After watching some larger channels stream closed beta there's a few trends that stand out to me. The first being the surplus of sniper deaths. I'm watching guys die from one bullet out of a sniper rifle more than any other firefight. In fact, I didn't even really get to see any firefights. While watching POV I was able to see the streamer shoot some of the weapons, but I didn't get to see him engage in many firefights. He was always dying from a sniper he couldn't see. This went on for 30+ minutes. The streams are still on YouTube if anybody wants to see them. I commented on one of the videos and the host replied and said he felt like the "time to kill" was reduced significantly in BF5, and that sniper rifles were even more of a dominant force in BF5 than they were in BF1. Why are some of the influencer channels lying about this stuff? They're making it seem like snipers are going to have a more difficult time camping in corners avoiding teamwork, and instead, that's exactly what I'm watching........

Thank you Broseph, I was saying the same exact thing, while playing the closed alpha for the first time, last night. It felt like I kept getting sniped most of the damn time, from every angle, regardless of cover. Felt ridiculous after a while. Like you, I was under the impression that sniping was supposed to be "made" harder in this game but felt like the total opposite. I mean, yeah, it's harder in the sense of limited ammo and a lot less Dorito identification but that's about it. Maybe it was just because of my first night of alpha play and I'm still adjusting to flow, game speed, etc...but we'll see if my opinion changes as I play more. Certainly out of the gate, the snipe game felt buffed and not definitely not nerfed.
  • Turban_Legend80

Yeah, no I didn't. I've been watching videos from quite a few of the larger channels. In fact, the reason I noticed this was because of how unusual the gameplay seemed. I'm used to watching people engage in actual firefights in BF1. Not randomly collapse to the ground from a sniper hiding out somewhere. It seems like the sniper is far more powerful in BF5 from what I'm seeing. I could post some of the streams here if you'd like to see them.

Yeah go ahead, I’d like to see a few more different streams.

All i’m trying to say is snipers always seem to do good in the alpha/beta.
    Nobody really knows the map, so nobody is running round as fast as they can (making easy targets for snipers that they don’t know are probably there yet)
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3913 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Also keep in mind that this is only an Alpha build to test things out. A lot could change by the time the game is released.

-CB
  • ExoskeIett
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

And once you learned the map, you learned that these open field conquest maps have sniper spots everywhere, cuz its just highground dlc vs lowground or flatground.

The massive deaths to snipers are a result of bad map design and this also will be sth that will drown the game - you cannot put a conquest map into any other game mode, its causing chaos, lack of prediction etc.
    Its the exact same chaos Battlefield 1 has had, its 1:1 the same - i just wish DICE and EA would be able to see that aswell... imagine BFBC2 had such bad map design, jeez that game would never been such a good one.

A Objective based Game mode requires an objective based map, not an all round nothing works conquest thing.
  • Turban_Legend80
    ExoskeIett wrote: »

And once you learned the map, you learned that these open field conquest maps have sniper spots everywhere, cuz its just highground dlc vs lowground or flatground.

The massive deaths to snipers are a result of bad map design and this also will be sth that will drown the game - you cannot put a conquest map into any other game mode, its causing chaos, lack of prediction etc.
    Its the exact same chaos Battlefield 1 has had, its 1:1 the same - i just wish DICE and EA would be able to see that aswell... imagine BFBC2 had such bad map design, jeez that game would never been such a good one.

A Objective based Game mode requires an objective based map, not an all round nothing works conquest thing.

You can always avoid the maps you don’t like. You also can’t expect to be able to play every map the exact same way. How boring would that be?

Some maps will favour snipers.
    Other maps will favour close quarters.
    Others will favour vehicles.

I agree 100% that maps shouldn’t be designed around the Conquest game mode. That’s why the BF4 maps only worked for conquest. That’s what made BF3 maps so much better.
  • F1SteveO
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    They removed sweetspot, so there isn't anymore bodyshot OHK anymore, scope glint stays so you can still see Scouts broadcasting their position

Some of the sniper deaths may be due to taking a stay bullet when you're already low on health from a previous firefight

Honestly, what else would you have them do about Scout?

It's one of 4 of the main classes, it deserves to be effective in its own way just like the other three

Taking the legs out from under the Scout class to make it even worse so the other three infy classes can run around without having to worry about Scouts is just bias

Exactly this, don't complain and ruin an entire class just cause you can't find a way to counter a sniper. Learn the maps.
  • Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Was really hoping they'd listen to my idea about a sniping mode, there's LARGE amount of people that love to snipe, they want to live out scenes from the movie 'enemy at the gates' and be versilli....giving them their own mode will draw a lot of the sniper only players away from a proximity based game mode.
    Snipers would still exist but would be the more dedicated ones that know how to play as a sniper in those modes.
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    From what I can see bolt actions look objectively like the worse guns in almost all ranges below 150m, especially compared to medic SLR. I don't know if you're talking about scouts exclusively when talking about snipers, but I bet it won't take people long to figure out the SLRs are the better choice. There's quite a few pre-alpha footage of the SLR insta-framing people at 100m, so it looks to me bolt actions are basically useless.
    Maybe there's a panic right now due to people being sniped as they have to jump out the plain and are easy to spot. I guess they need a bit more cover or something, then.
  • TamKingski
    1790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I predicted this would happen,with limited med bags that most medics will only use for themselves and no regen to full health more players will be running around wounded.
    which is perfect for snipers getting one shot kills.Snipers will get much more hate in bfv than in bf1 and players will be shouting for nerfs,full health regen to return,or infinite med bags to return.
  • 5hadyBrady
    edited June 2018
    F1SteveO wrote: »
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    They removed sweetspot, so there isn't anymore bodyshot OHK anymore, scope glint stays so you can still see Scouts broadcasting their position

Some of the sniper deaths may be due to taking a stay bullet when you're already low on health from a previous firefight

Honestly, what else would you have them do about Scout?

It's one of 4 of the main classes, it deserves to be effective in its own way just like the other three

Taking the legs out from under the Scout class to make it even worse so the other three infy classes can run around without having to worry about Scouts is just bias

Exactly this, don't complain and ruin an entire class just cause you can't find a way to counter a sniper. Learn the maps.

No no, you guys keep getting this wrong. People aren't annoyed because they're tired of being sniped. People are annoyed at how lazy the class becomes, and results in half of your team sleeping on a rock somewhere with a sniper rifle. I have to bribe my teammates to get off their butts and put the sniper rifles away in BF1. I surely hope there's not going to be more of that in BF5. That was the point. IDC if you snipe against me. I care if the class is being made dominant because of how it affects conquest. Keep in mind, conquest is still their most popular game mode. I ranked up support/med and assault to max rank last summer. My scout is still like rank 14 or something because every time I join a game, there's already 20 snipers on my team. This is what I'm afraid of. I don't care about fighting a scout lol. I'm disappointed in the way they keep making the class easy and overpowered because it has a tendency to degrade teamwork, against all efforts to enforce it. Nothing works with these people. I'm convinced most of them are stoned. They just lay there with the rifle. You can walk up and stand next to them and whack them a dozen times. They have no idea what's going on.
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Long term looks at people's stats almost always shows scout to be their weakest class in all measures. The theory scouts are op is simply ludicrous. If anything it has always been the second weakest alongside support.
  • FPSgamer69
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

the rounds i played in the alpha had the snipers leading as no1 and 2 players.
    besides one guy who just went 60-6 with an mg..which..is a lot of kills lol.
  • 5hadyBrady
    edited June 2018
    Long term looks at people's stats almost always shows scout to be their weakest class in all measures. The theory scouts are op is simply ludicrous. If anything it has always been the second weakest alongside support.

The claim that the scout isn't used as much as other classes is without context, and DICE knew that when they put that press statement out last year. DICE are the kings of avoiding context. So , here's the problem with the statement about Scouts being the 3rd most used class. First of all, DICE forces people to play unpopular maps. This is why Nivelle, Prise, Fort etc show up in the map vote all day. Because of the equality enforced map voting system, it makes it appear as if there's class balance. However, on the maps where people like to play sniper, it's out of control. You don't need statistics to state the obvious. I don't care how many times people spawn as a specific class. I know that on the vanilla maps it's generally a sniper-a-thon. Just because DICE force you to play unpopular trench maps doesn't mean this is where you get the class balance from. Stop being a dolt. Statistics are meaningless without context. There's a MASSIVE difference between these claims. When DICE say the scout is the third most used class overall, it makes it seem like any time you show up into a game the sniper will be the third most used. This is without context, purposely misleading, and annoying. You should know better than that. Some maps nobody snipes, some maps literally 3 quarters of the map is sniping. That's the problem. Idc about what class was picked the most in the last 800 days. It means nothing.
  • Seabees4Life
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Won't see a set/locked number of classes per team until they go back to dedicated servers..........*sigh*
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    I rarely get killed by snipers so far tbh. They're around, but they're pretty ineffective unless you're standing still. They're without a doubt less of a threat compared to BF1. They're nowhere near as strong as there were before. I'd honestly rather snipe as a medic.

You can also snipe them back as an assault player now.

From what I can see bolt actions look objectively like the worse guns in almost all ranges below 150m, especially compared to medic SLR. I don't know if you're talking about scouts exclusively when talking about snipers, but I bet it won't take people long to figure out the SLRs are the better choice. There's quite a few pre-alpha footage of the SLR insta-framing people at 100m, so it looks to me bolt actions are basically useless.
    Maybe there's a panic right now due to people being sniped as they have to jump out the plain and are easy to spot. I guess they need a bit more cover or something, then.

And that's exactly why I don't even bother playing the new scout class. It's honestly terrible. The Gewehr that the medic has is a 3 hit kill at any range. It has hardly any recoil, a decently fast fire rate, and pinpoint accuracy. Plus you can keep yourself healed which is extremely important in a game with no full health auto regeneration and a fast TTK.

I have run into a couple of highly skilled scouts, but they're very rare. Even then, I can still generally outperform them with the medic or assault class. Against your average scout, it's easy to beat them.

But it doesn't matter how weak they make the scout class. People will still always complain about being sniped. But not about being sniped by a medic or STG for whatever reason.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I rarely get killed by snipers so far tbh. They're around, but they're pretty ineffective unless you're standing still. They're without a doubt less of a threat compared to BF1. They're nowhere near as strong as there were before. I'd honestly rather snipe as a medic.

You can also snipe them back as an assault player now.

And that's exactly why I don't even bother playing the new scout class. It's honestly terrible. The Gewehr that the medic has is a 3 hit kill at any range. It has hardly any recoil, a decently fast fire rate, and pinpoint accuracy. Plus you can keep yourself healed which is extremely important in a game with no full health auto regeneration and a fast TTK.

I have run into a couple of highly skilled scouts, but they're very rare. Even then, I can still generally outperform them with the medic or assault class. Against your average scout, it's easy to beat them.

But it doesn't matter how weak they make the scout class. People will still always complain about being sniped. But not about being sniped by a medic or STG for whatever reason.

Ugh, that was nasty to watch. I'm hype for V, but I'm so not on board for the return of stupid tapfire kill-eveything-at-distance play with fully automatic weapons

I can already see myself never using the STG or anything similar.