Incredibly disappointed

Comments

• LiuzhouMtBrotha
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For me, a huge let-down is that there are even hacks all around in Alpha. They say the cheat has to be tested also.
  • opsis_1
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully the servers can put a limit on snipers.
  • MegaloDorian
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hmmm, I wonder what would happen if we were to remove the "sweet spot," that's always been within PTFO range, and then give the manual-action rifles crappy damage and limb multipliers? Surely the Scouts wouldn't camp further back to avoid being seen and hosed down by the other classes which are using laser-accurate and low-TTK automatics? Right, guys?
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2018
    5hadyBrady wrote: »
    Long term looks at people's stats almost always shows scout to be their weakest class in all measures. The theory scouts are op is simply ludicrous. If anything it has always been the second weakest alongside support.

The claim that the scout isn't used as much as other classes is without context, and DICE knew that when they put that press statement out last year. DICE are the kings of avoiding context. So , here's the problem with the statement about Scouts being the 3rd most used class. First of all, DICE forces people to play unpopular maps. This is why Nivelle, Prise, Fort etc show up in the map vote all day. Because of the equality enforced map voting system, it makes it appear as if there's class balance. However, on the maps where people like to play sniper, it's out of control. You don't need statistics to state the obvious. I don't care how many times people spawn as a specific class. I know that on the vanilla maps it's generally a sniper-a-thon. Just because DICE force you to play unpopular trench maps doesn't mean this is where you get the class balance from. Stop being a dolt. Statistics are meaningless without context. There's a MASSIVE difference between these claims. When DICE say the scout is the third most used class overall, it makes it seem like any time you show up into a game the sniper will be the third most used. This is without context, purposely misleading, and annoying. You should know better than that. Some maps nobody snipes, some maps literally 3 quarters of the map is sniping. That's the problem. Idc about what class was picked the most in the last 800 days. It means nothing.

Lol, you should have read what I wrote first. I said looking at people's stats. Go to your stats page on bftracker and look at you spm, kpm, and kd per class. The very large majority of people have scout as their worst class there. Even myself, and also just about anyone I've ever bothered to check on the forums. Maybe you're new to the forums but this observation has been pointed out time and again for the last two years. A lot of dedicated scout players ahve come to realise medic is simply just better at range.

I agree there's maps that are more or less suited to be snipey etc, but nevertheless what I'm talking about shows that very few people are having an easier time playing scout than the other classes.

Edit: just checked your stats, and yep, scout is your worse class.
    Post edited by Alphazetamu on
  • cameldung
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    From the gameplay I watched it looked like everyone that has good aim will absolutly dominate as sniper.

I'd like to see some kind of "pulse system". Players would have to stay still for at least a second before they can make an accurate long distance shot. Right now they can jump around, move back and forth without any penalty to their aim.

The new scoring will also attract a lot of players to play snipers. In this alpha build kills give the most points. If you want to get to the top of the leaderboard you just have to kill a lot.
    Even people like JackFrags, who normally get a lot of kills but completly ignore the objectives, are now on top.
  • FPSgamer69
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    For me, a huge let-down is that there are even hacks all around in Alpha. They say the cheat has to be tested also.

I thought that was a joke when some one said that yesterday that had a huge score.
    Guess not.
    I already got shot through walls...but thought that was an alpha problem. Not sure anymore.
  • 5hadyBrady
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    Yeah, I agree cameldung, I'm fully aware of the fact that everything I'm saying is based on anecdotal evidence. However, I saw a lot of 1 shot deaths on several streams. Far more than I usually see in BF1. I'm not saying you can't go play BF5 and not run into this with your 20 minute clip. I'm just sharing an observation I'm noticing that's thematic among every beta stream so far. Lots of 1 shot deaths and less engaging firefights. And I've talked to the people who were streaming it. Their opinion of the game was exactly as I described under their video. They said "time to kill" seems to have been decreased significantly, and snipers were more effective. I'm just sharing what I'm noticing, and what other people who play it are saying. And also that it's disappointing because this is what led to boring BF5 games in the first place. Playing conquest with people who are playing in their own little world.
  • 5hadyBrady
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    They removed sweetspot, so there isn't anymore bodyshot OHK anymore, scope glint stays so you can still see Scouts broadcasting their position

Some of the sniper deaths may be due to taking a stay bullet when you're already low on health from a previous firefight

Honestly, what else would you have them do about Scout?

It's one of 4 of the main classes, it deserves to be effective in its own way just like the other three

Taking the legs out from under the Scout class to make it even worse so the other three infy classes can run around without having to worry about Scouts is just bias

So does this mean all of the 1 shot kills I'm seeing are all headshots? If so, that's astonishing. I would have sniper rifles be more of a rare item in the game, and equip the scouts with similar weapons to a medic or assault. The difference in the scout would be in its abilities just like the difference between other classes. The medic isn't defined by its rifle. It's defined by its ability to revive and heal. Scouts can still do things that scouts do without 15 of them laying up somewhere with sniper rifles. I'm sorry, it just ruins lobbies. And not because I don't want to be sniped, but because there's always two dozen of them on my team doing absolutely nothing in conquest. It is the worlds laziest approach to FPS games. You can't even talk them out of it either. I constantly run into games where my teammates are all chasing down lazy snipers on their team beating them with melee weapons to try to get them to move and do something. Maybe I should start recording footage of my experience with this sort of thing, because it might be just that people aren't playing vanilla like I do, or just don't play a lot. That's sort of always been the reason I've avoided spending time on these forums. I'm always talking to a guy who's got 80 hours in the game, and is like rank 18 telling me about how I don't know what I'm talking about.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    With no regenerating health my guess is these one shot kills are on players who are already below max health after being wounded.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FPSgamer69 wrote: »

I thought that was a joke when some one said that yesterday that had a huge score.
    Guess not.
    I already got shot through walls...but thought that was an alpha problem. Not sure anymore.

You do know that certain guns (like LMGs) can penetrate through walls. That's part of the new mechanic now.

So maybe it's just a misunderstanding.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    They removed sweetspot, so there isn't anymore bodyshot OHK anymore, scope glint stays so you can still see Scouts broadcasting their position

Some of the sniper deaths may be due to taking a stay bullet when you're already low on health from a previous firefight

Honestly, what else would you have them do about Scout?

It's one of 4 of the main classes, it deserves to be effective in its own way just like the other three

Taking the legs out from under the Scout class to make it even worse so the other three infy classes can run around without having to worry about Scouts is just bias

So does this mean all of the 1 shot kills I'm seeing are all headshots? If so, that's astonishing. I would have sniper rifles be more of a rare item in the game, and equip the scouts with similar weapons to a medic or assault. The difference in the scout would be in its abilities just like the difference between other classes. The medic isn't defined by its rifle. It's defined by its ability to revive and heal. Scouts can still do things that scouts do without 15 of them laying up somewhere with sniper rifles. I'm sorry, it just ruins lobbies. And not because I don't want to be sniped, but because there's always two dozen of them on my team doing absolutely nothing in conquest. It is the worlds laziest approach to FPS games. You can't even talk them out of it either. I constantly run into games where my teammates are all chasing down lazy snipers on their team beating them with melee weapons to try to get them to move and do something. Maybe I should start recording footage of my experience with this sort of thing, because it might be just that people aren't playing vanilla like I do, or just don't play a lot. That's sort of always been the reason I've avoided spending time on these forums. I'm always talking to a guy who's got 80 hours in the game, and is like rank 18 telling me about how I don't know what I'm talking about.

If you aren't aware, they're already doing as you ask.

One of the archetypes for Scout is "Paratrooper" with silenced SMGs, and silenced pistols with an emphasis on being stealthy and infiltrating behind enemy lines, gets throwing knives and a garrotte for silent takedowns

I also don't think it's really that fair to label the Scout class as the lazy one on a rock not contributing to the objective

Assault will always have corner camping shotgunners, and many Supports will grab their favorite high-mag LMGs and camp in a windowsill, or prone down a high traffic lane

They aren't doing anything for the PTFO crowd either

There will simply always be overly passive players in every single class. Some players just don't care how the game is "supposed" to be played. Some don't like the smaller maps and smaller teams that TDM brings, so they play in the larger game modes without any intention of actually playing the objective. They just get more targets to shoot at this way, and more leg room to go where they want on the map

Yes, there will always be the true "hillhumper" scouts with a scoped rifle out in the boonies somewhere, but so will every other class with their own less-than-desirable ways of taking advantage of the aspects of the class they choose
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    One shots to the body could be happening because there's no full health regen. But this is the error of the player getting shot. There's plenty of supply stations spread throughout the map to keep yourself healed up. Plus, you regenerate around 30-40 health automatically (I haven't actually measured it exactly). Meaning, if a scout hits you, you can take cover and the amount of health you auto regen will be enough to survive another shot. There's just no full health auto regen anymore. You need to be running around with around 50 health or less to die in one hit to the body from a scout.

Still, it comes back to the whole medic thing... Medic is a lot more effective for medium and long ranges considering you can fire off 10 rounds pretty rapidly and you only have to land 3 to get the kill regardless of range. On top of that, you can keep yourself at 100% health all the time as long as you stop by a supply box every 3 med packs (you're limited to carrying 3). Meaning scouts one shotting you because you have low health also isn't an issue. If the enemy is already injured (below 36 health) the medic will also one shot. If you're below 72 health, it's a two shot for the medic or one to the head if you're around 60.

Compared to BF1, the scout class has already been nerfed to oblivion. It's much harder to do well as a scout now. You either get headshots, rely on getting lucky that your enemy is injured enough, or you die. Especially now that even assault can counter snipe you.
  • AlecBeach111
    1 postsMember Member
    I just wish it was a little more accurate. If I see more good things about it, Ill get it
  • Se7enX89X
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    TamKingski wrote: »
    I predicted this would happen,with limited med bags that most medics will only use for themselves and no regen to full health more players will be running around wounded.
    which is perfect for snipers getting one shot kills.Snipers will get much more hate in bfv than in bf1 and players will be shouting for nerfs,full health regen to return,or infinite med bags to return.

Exactly this. It's going to become a problem too. Dice is banking on squads working together and always having a medic around which isn't going to happen for the most part because everybody just runs off Rambo style. No auto health regen was a stupid idea imo.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Se7enX89X wrote: »

Exactly this. It's going to become a problem too. Dice is banking on squads working together and always having a medic around which isn't going to happen for the most part because everybody just runs off Rambo style. No auto health regen was a stupid idea imo.

Yeah I am very curious how this will work out when the game is released.

My current experience with BF I only have squad play when I play with my Platoon with voicecom and maybe 1 in every 50 games with randoms.

And I am even more worried about medic trains now .. the no full health regen and limited ammo and focus on squad play should maybe come with class limits per squad/team.

Otherwise it will be 80% medics .. and 20% support to resupply the train.
  • UT_Othello
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can’t make a judgement after just watching one player.
    Once you learn the maps you’ll learn where to avoid snipers.

Yeah, no I didn't. I've been watching videos from quite a few of the larger channels. In fact, the reason I noticed this was because of how unusual the gameplay seemed. I'm used to watching people engage in actual firefights in BF1. Not randomly collapse to the ground from a sniper hiding out somewhere. It seems like the sniper is far more powerful in BF5 from what I'm seeing. I could post some of the streams here if you'd like to see them.

Negative, the snipers are heavily toned down compared to BF1. Its generally quite more difficult to land a hit (slower bullet, more drop it feels, enemies making all kinds of movements nonstop, jerky scope when zooming in) and enemies without snipers suddenly are a lot more deadly (single-tapping the 44 can drop people at massive ranges). Plus the current map is far less open than the BF1 maps (so still need to see other maps, but this one is already a given). Also, while handguns got some decent stopping power, they are more difficult to handle than BF1, which probably affects the scout class the most.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FPSgamer69 wrote: »

Guess not.

The game allows wall bangs
  • VESPA5
    784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    After watching some larger channels stream closed beta there's a few trends that stand out to me. The first being the surplus of sniper deaths. I'm watching guys die from one bullet out of a sniper rifle more than any other firefight. In fact, I didn't even really get to see any firefights.

After actually playing this for about 4 hours, I'd say this statement is partially true. You haven't seen the STG-44 God Gun overload in every round of Conquest yet? You can snipe with the STG-44 if you tap fire with a little accuracy. It's that OP of a gun right now. As for Scouts, ammo is very limited. Unless a support person is near you dropping ammo, the only other location to get more bullets is at the flag which is great (or grabbing bullets off a dead soldier, which amounts to about maybe 5-7 more bullets), it sorta forces you to PTFO rather than sit back and just snipe people trying to get to those ammo depots. It sure needs a lot more balancing. As for the Scouts, snipers have been a pain in almost every BF I've played. You either work together to take him out or ignore him and help your team win the game by actually PTFO and scoring points that way
  • 5hadyBrady
    edited July 2018
    UT_Othello wrote: »
    You can’t make a judgement after just watching one player.
    Once you learn the maps you’ll learn where to avoid snipers.

Yeah, no I didn't. I've been watching videos from quite a few of the larger channels. In fact, the reason I noticed this was because of how unusual the gameplay seemed. I'm used to watching people engage in actual firefights in BF1. Not randomly collapse to the ground from a sniper hiding out somewhere. It seems like the sniper is far more powerful in BF5 from what I'm seeing. I could post some of the streams here if you'd like to see them.

Negative, the snipers are heavily toned down compared to BF1. Its generally quite more difficult to land a hit (slower bullet, more drop it feels, enemies making all kinds of movements nonstop, jerky scope when zooming in) and enemies without snipers suddenly are a lot more deadly (single-tapping the 44 can drop people at massive ranges). Plus the current map is far less open than the BF1 maps (so still need to see other maps, but this one is already a given). Also, while handguns got some decent stopping power, they are more difficult to handle than BF1, which probably affects the scout class the most.

Are you mentally challenged? I've already said I don't know if the sniper is , or isn't more powerful. However, the constant single shot deaths to full health characters is thematic. That's something you can't say "negative" about, because it's a fact. It's happening, and streamers are reporting the same thing. I don't know who these streamers are, but after asking some of them , they all said the same thing. "5tat" said directly under my comment "ttk is definitely less, and while I was sniping I felt more effective". So what is that? Why am I seeing the same exact thing he's reporting, but for some reason there are others who think the sniper has been nerfed? Are you suggesting that my eyes are lying to me, and then streamers lying to me in some grand conspiracy? We're all conspiring to notice the abundance of single shot deaths all over the map?

" 5tat
    5tat
    2 days ago
    Time to kill seems faster and when I played as a sniper later in the stream I was able to kill people very quickly with it. "
  • 5hadyBrady
    edited July 2018
    V V V V