snipers - feedback or opinion

FPSgamer69
395 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
snipers are still leading the game

the number 1 and 2 players are snipers. They lead with many more kills then the other soldiers.
Still way to easy.

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2018
    Looks incredibly unsatisfying compared to BF1. Not sure what it is, the scope looking CoD=toilet or what.
  • FPSgamer69
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    Maybe, heaven forbid, they are just skilled, and deserve it / would do just as fine as anything else.

People won’t be happy till snipers/scouts are at the bottom of the scoreboard no matter how hard they try.

Wait scratch that then they would complain they are not helping the team.

nope...but if sniping was so easy..every army would just have only snipers.
    Doesn't need to be a realistic game...doesn't need to be fully lazy fantasy either
  • vulpesveritas
    114 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Can we go back to the BF1 bolt action damage and velocity model where they were the second least effective class? I know I'm in the minority, but I like the sweet spot mechanic and bolt actions actually having differences from each other.
  • twitch133
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Maybe, heaven forbid, they are just skilled, and deserve it / would do just as fine as anything else.

People won’t be happy till snipers/scouts are at the bottom of the scoreboard no matter how hard they try.

I already complain that they do not help the team. The last time that a scout or sniper class provided an honest to god, helpful utility to the team, was the JDAM in BF:BC. All they have done since is play a selfish game, and farm kills.

Every once and a while, you come across a skilled, agro recon player that can PTFO... but that is by far the exception. Sure, those players can make use of the limited utility of recon since BF:BC. Such as the spawn beacon, C4, TUGS...

But, the average recon player is going to be camping way back, farming kills... not even providing a good spawn point, completely wasting an already extremely limited utility.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    twitch133 wrote: »

I already complain that they do not help the team. The last time that a scout or sniper class provided an honest to god, helpful utility to the team, was the JDAM in BF:BC. All they have done since is play a selfish game, and farm kills.

Every once and a while, you come across a skilled, agro recon player that can PTFO... but that is by far the exception. Sure, those players can make use of the limited utility of recon since BF:BC. Such as the spawn beacon, C4, TUGS...

But, the average recon player is going to be camping way back, farming kills... not even providing a good spawn point, completely wasting an already extremely limited utility.

Guess I’m not average then it’s boring being way back lol
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3089 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Last time I played scout I got 3 flare gun kills and more kills with the M1911 than my Lebel, do I count as PTFO scout?
  • twitch133
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    robmcewen wrote: »

Last time I played scout I got 3 flare gun kills and more kills with the M1911 than my Lebel, do I count as PTFO scout?

Depends...

Were you playing in a safe, planned way to farm those kills? With no other objective than killing?

Or were they a bonus of attempting to capture a flag? Or defend a flag?

Everybody complains about campers... I do not mind campers... as long as they have pitched their tent on, or in very close proximity to a contested objective.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Depends...

Were you playing in a safe, planned way to farm those kills? With no other objective than killing?

Everybody complains about campers... I do not mind campers... as long as they have pitched their tent on, or in very close proximity to a contested objective.

I generally play operations so I’m either pushing towards a flag or defending from one. Most of my kills come from those glints way off the flags. Sure I get kills on the flag when I push towards. Most of those are sidearm though.
    The few times I’m not on a flag I’m on adventure to stab a prone oblivious player.
  • Imabaka70
    @LOLGotYerTags or @StarscreamUK forum ate my post after correcting my horrid grammar/ spelling could you retrieve it please
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3089 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Depends...

On the flag of course, helping hold it when I joined a operations, Iron walls second artillery bunker then using the lower slope to working my way behind the attackers firing the flare guns to help the cannon know where to shot the big gun at the enemy and plant some cheeky trip bombs.

I'm a little hurt that you would ask such a question :'(
  • twitch133

Depends...

On the flag of course, helping hold it when I joined a operations, Iron walls second artillery bunker then using the lower slope to working my way behind the attackers firing the flare guns to help the cannon know where to shot the big gun at the enemy and plant some cheeky trip bombs.

I still have nightmares of trying to push the first objective on Port Valdez... With 9 of my 11 teammates camping the hill just out of the first attacker spawn. It takes a lot of extra effort for me to trust that a recon main is actually being a useful member of the team.

I remember days playing BF:BC... With the JDAM. Where snipers completely shut down the enemy team's armor. Even got a few lucky shots and knocked a helicopter or 2 out of the sky. And kept the AA guns under control. Having good recon players was actually a big deal in that game.

Since BF:BC2? The only useful recons are agro. And a GOOD, agro recon player is extremely rare. There are plenty of recon players, especially with the sweet spot mechanic in BF1, that can farm a KD of 31-4. There are very very few that can actively help the team and still maintain a positive KDR.

While I do appreciate the occasional recon player that can contribute to the team, such as the way you described, flanking, spotting and spawning squad members while on an objective. I would much rather have a skilled player on assault... helping kill that tank that I have been giving up my KD to try and kill for the last 3/4 of the match. But, the way that they made tanks in BF1, they are impossible to deal with, without a concerted team effort. In every previous BF... Even ones with automatic health regeneration in vehicles, a single assault / engineer could at least deter a tank solo, if not outright kill it.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FPSgamer69 wrote: »

the number 1 and 2 players are snipers. They lead with many more kills then the other soldiers.
    Still way to easy.

Need more statistical data than that. Maybe they are helping out more than you think. It also can be that they are finishing off players that have already been hurt due to the new regen mechanic.

One thing is for sure, with sweet spot removed, it is more challenging to get an OHK.
  • HANSGRUBER30

Depends...

I still have nightmares of trying to push the first objective on Port Valdez... With 9 of my 11 teammates camping the hill just out of the first attacker spawn. It takes a lot of extra effort for me to trust that a recon main is actually being a useful member of the team.

I remember days playing BF:BC... With the JDAM. Where snipers completely shut down the enemy team's armor. Even got a few lucky shots and knocked a helicopter or 2 out of the sky. And kept the AA guns under control. Having good recon players was actually a big deal in that game.

Since BF:BC2? The only useful recons are agro. And a GOOD, agro recon player is extremely rare. There are plenty of recon players, especially with the sweet spot mechanic in BF1, that can farm a KD of 31-4. There are very very few that can actively help the team and still maintain a positive KDR.

While I do appreciate the occasional recon player that can contribute to the team, such as the way you described, flanking, spotting and spawning squad members while on an objective. I would much rather have a skilled player on assault... helping kill that tank that I have been giving up my KD to try and kill for the last 3/4 of the match. But, the way that they made tanks in BF1, they are impossible to deal with, without a concerted team effort. In every previous BF... Even ones with automatic health regeneration in vehicles, a single assault / engineer could at least deter a tank solo, if not outright kill it.

I agree with you that player's who plays the scout class as a scout rather than a sniper do seem to be in the minority in BF1. I haven't had the opportunity to play the alpha but one of my wises for BFV is for the scout class to get more tools to help the team out with more recon gadgets, playing as a pathfinder, sneaking behind enemy lines and being a nuisance.

I don't really enjoy playing assault class, medic and support are my go to classes but I'll help out against tank's with my light anti-tank grenade, limpet, and help pick up the team with resupplying people with ammo health and revives.

• DingoKillr
    4345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    With what I have seen I won't be getting closer to flag if I am using rifles like I did in BF1.

The benefit is the spot flare or spawn beacon (sort of), I don't even know if the spot binocular has glint like the Trench periscope. With the hatred of Scouts it will most likely will have by the time of launch. Extra Ammo, Extra Health or Extra explosive at this point seem to have more benefit.
  • ExoskeIett
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

Still way to easy.

Need more statistical data than that. Maybe they are helping out more than you think. It also can be that they are finishing off players that have already been hurt due to the new regen mechanic.

One thing is for sure, with sweet spot removed, it is more challenging to get an OHK.

Statistics have never worked in a single game into the games favour, in fact most games got ruined by them.

I mean you can change sniper as much as you want, that doesnt change the fact that those terrible map designers DICE has in their company keep creating sniper favoured maps with flat areas and 0,0 cover on it.
    Its like an all out empty area with a tree in the middle of it and that tree is so small that your bodys left and right side still would hang out.

The way BF V seems to be played correctly right now is to camp as long as needed and snipe heads untill you take the objective - theres no way you can just push forward without dying over and over and over and over again - you constantly get shot from every single side while doing this.

That might be the game people favour as a battlefield, walk trough all out empty but huge maps - but the Rush / Objective Playerbase already hates this game.
    I really dont know if DICE has lost all their best talents, or what the heck is going on there - but they have really forgotten how a good BFBC2 did look like or BF3 ...
    Maps that are designed for conquest are terrible for every single game mode.
  • FPSgamer69
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

Still way to easy.

agree
    but it is a first observation as it is just released. I expected it to be different from BF1.

Now i get sniped by assaults and smg;s across the map..lol
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When I watched a youtube video someone was sniping off the map and said it will be harder to play as a useless scout now, cos you don't get enough ammo just to be the most borin guy on earth and sit off the map shooting people trying to play the game. Made my day hearing that cos pilots and scouts are the thing I dislike the most about BF1 but reading on here today it sounds like they're just as bad, if not worse.
  • 1985Primus
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In my opinion since bf2 there is direct relationship between the amount of sniper and the fun. The best servers had a sniper limit of 2-3 and everything was fine.
    A sniperlimit (including Medics with scope weapons) or another disavantage like sniper kills only count 1/4 of points.

Many of this sniper only play are hardcore fetishist for there K/D, if the kills with sniper weapons not count many of them will stop plaing sniper ;)