Weekly BF

Every update makes this game worse and the fog !!

Gmkillers
1239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I am seeing people from 5 yards away and my character cant seem to spot them, WHY? and what in the hell is up with the fog ? I played about 10 games and every single match had dense fog to the point they lasted about 30 minutes each as no one could see each other. It wasn't like this before the update. Yes the fog was bad but now it seems to be 10x worse for me at least. Just remove the fog altogether and even put in rain or whatever at least then we can see the enemy.

Stop promoting camping with fog and tone it down a bit I have never seen anyone even like it on these forums !

Comments

• pwnedPewPew
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is sadly true.Im not against changing Weather condititions..but the Fog in this game is ridiculus.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2018
    They aren''t doing the Amiens tourist board any favors, foggiest town in the world two years running.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is other weather than fog in the game! How do I unlock sun light?
  • zombifiedstalker
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    There is other weather than fog in the game! How do I unlock sun light?

Enter a vehicle or building, then look out of the windows...
  • ElliotLH
    8531 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's especially annoying that it's apparently client-side based too.
  • zombifiedstalker
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

That's what bothers me the most, personally. I'm paranoid enough as it is.. :smile:
  • ElliotLH
    8531 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

That's what bothers me the most, personally. I'm paranoid enough as it is.. :smile:

Same haha
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yep since the update EVERY operation I’ve played has had fog and on each map, I.e scar and Amiens.

I would paranoiacally say it appears to help defenders but that’s just my paranoia!! Lol!!
  • Gmkillers
    1239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just don't get the fascination with the fog. Wasn't there rain when this game was first released and it was great ? even a tiny amount of fog i'd take but its just too much !
  • Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My favorite vehicle in the game is the standoff assault St Chamond tank. The spotting beacon on that thing can light up an entire enemy team across a broad map like St Quentin or the like, and really becomes a game changer. For months now, I've been saying that it instantly triggers fog... I mean, it is a perfectly sunny day when I die. Ten seconds later I spawn in a spotting tank and boom: instant thick as soup fog. It NEVER fails. I am becoming more and more convinced that the fog is a triggered countermeasure to spotting mechanics. Same thing can happen when manning an AA gun (which is also extremely effective at long range spotting); after I spot more than ten or so infantry at long range... fog.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They aren''t doing the Amiens tourist board any favors, foggiest town in the world two years running.

Haha u just rage quitted for that today on Amiens.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The best is when there is fog AND sunlight. So not only is your vision limited by fog, if you look a certain direction, you're blinded by the sunlight through the fog anyway. It's the best.

DICE: Here are all these beautiful maps with immense details and amazing graphics

Also DICE: Eff you. Here's some fog so you can't see them.
  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I love it when it's so foggy you can't see the flag 20 feet in front of you yet a scout can shoot me from half way across the map. I did know ifr sight came out in ww1.
  • xenome111
    The best is when there is fog AND sunlight. So not only is your vision limited by fog, if you look a certain direction, you're blinded by the sunlight through the fog anyway. It's the best.

DICE: Here are all these beautiful maps with immense details and amazing graphics

Also DICE: Eff you. Here's some fog so you can't see them.

Haha ballroom blitz comes especially in the hall with fog and sunlight through windows.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2018
    xenome111 wrote: »

Every day, stutter and fog, I can't hit **** in that if I don't go full gun kata.

If they would've added a paranormal mode fog should've been the foreshadowing, fog rolling in, zombies or creatures from The Mist come out of it. 50/50 if it's normal fog or the cursed one, of course first you'd have to dial it back from a near certainty to 10% of games tops.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Once you try bfv it will be hard to go back to this game. The decisions made through the course of two years have ruined this game. It's still fun but it had more potential.
  • xenome111
    xenome111 wrote: »

Every day, stutter and fog, I can't hit **** in that if I don't go full gun kata.

If they would've added a paranormal mode fog should've been the foreshadowing, fog rolling in, zombies or creatures from The Mist come out of it. 50/50 if it's normal fog or the cursed one, of course first you'd have to dial it back from a near certainty to 10% of games tops.

I disabled ndu and the stutter seem to minimize it.