Closed alpha my first impressions

DomProdYT
33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
The game feels great a few fps issues but nothing i cant handle.The gameplay/Gunplay feel great I like having to go and get ammo and health from the stations around the map. A few ideas i have right i would feel that the score for the game and time could be put on top of the Mini map. So that we have a clear screen like we did in BF4.People really need to revive i get that this is not a dice issue it is a player issue but if you see a downed player and there is no threat help them up. Sun glare on the map needs to be turned down if an enemy player is down that hill and the sun glare is to bright we can not see anything. This is my first thoughts hopefully i have explained stuff well. Thanks for reading. Will post more when i have played more.

Comments

• thepelster
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nice comments can't wait to hear more
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I really love tank gameplay. I missed having more modern tank design with rotating turret. Main cannon feels more powerfull compared to BF1 tanks. But secondary MG feels weird with around 900rpm and almost instant overheat.
    Guns feel amazing. I can see myself using SweatyTryhardGun44 all the time. Although I'm still mad about medium MGs. I was so excited for MG42 and MG34, but Dice ruined my excitement. Running MG34 without ability to ADS is pretty sad and stupid imo.

My main dissapointment is air gameplay. Right now air gameplay is straight trash.

Hope Dice will fix it. BF1 also had trash air gameplay, but Dice did their work and fixed planes.
  • spartanx169x
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    From what I'm seeing time to kill is almost instant basically like COD. Also if you think medics are going to revive people when they have limited med packs you are delusional. Third, to not get med packed to 100% health is ridiculous. This is why, the masses will not tolerate that. I can see that be a thing in Hardcore mode. But from what I've seen the masses are not going to like this game. I'm sure all the "Tough" guys in here don't care. But you might when there is hardly anybody to play with because people have quit playing. But even more importantly, Its not good for the franchise. Go talk to Respawn about how well it worked out for them with TF2.
  • Seabees4Life
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am a believer that Bad Company 2 was the best for multiplayer in the Battlefield series, minus BF:9142 but those really are two different styles of gameplay.

Does BF:V have the Bad Company 2 feel to it or does it fall in with BF1 or even BF4? Trusting you played Bad Company 2.
  • biotek7
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like some of the mechanics changes like ammo and regen but the guns are horrible. No idea how everyone loves the gunplay... feels worse than BF1 to me, and FAR worse than BF4.
    The visuals are incredibly messy. Excessive use of effects and horrible lighting make a terrible combination. As much as I loved older BF games, so far BFV completely misses the mark in playability.
  • biotek7
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    I am a believer that Bad Company 2 was the best for multiplayer in the Battlefield series, minus BF:9142 but those really are two different styles of gameplay.

Does BF:V have the Bad Company 2 feel to it or does it fall in with BF1 or even BF4? Trusting you played Bad Company 2.

Let's group the game into "eras" for this... 1942 - BF2, BC-BC2, BF3-4, BF1. Core game play, some mechanics, and the "feel" changed significantly from each era to the next. With that list in mind I would easily put BFV into the BF1 group.
  • whitestartrinity
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I didn´t like that dramatic call for revive, there is no need for that. I can not mark enemies anymore like in BF1. I love the ambient sound, it is much better than BF1. Now we can get ammo and health from specific points around the map and we have a larger area to capture flag. That turns the game more competitive.
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

None of the above. BF5 gunplay feels very different compared to above mentioned Battlefields.

It feels more like CS in terms of recoil and gun controll. Recoil is strong, but nice and predictable. I can see myself and other good players mastering certain guns and turning them into laser beams.
  • trip1ex
    5228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018

feels like pubg.

playing the alpha makes BF1 feels super solid.
  • N0DucksGiven
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I too like the gun play: "feel" and sound - nice and solid! I think the direction for team play is correct and when you're in a good squad - even better. The limited ammo also forces team play - minimizes the corner campers :P Haven't heard too many complaint about lag or getting shot around corners. So overall (despite it being a test alpha) -- very good! Only 'bug' was not being able to join squads -- and that was FIXED the very next day. What awesome customer service!!!
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »

feels like pubg.

How does it feel like PUBG? For how long have you played the Alpha?
  • DomProdYT
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »

feels like pubg.

How does it feel like PUBG? For how long have you played the Alpha?

Lol it feels nothing like PUBG. Heck it dose not even feel like BF1. BF1 is a lot more easier then bfv. In bf1 you get Ammo and health handed to you on a plate. In bfv you have to know when the the right time is to use the ammo. So you cannot compare PUBG or Bf1 because they are very different games.
  • FPSgamer69
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

it doesn't have that feel for me. But then again..we change also.
  • XDCFluffy
    267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I really love .......... Although I'm still mad about medium MGs. I was so excited for MG42 and MG34, but Dice ruined my excitement. Running MG34 without ability to ADS is pretty sad and stupid imo.

Its a great fix for people running around with 200 ammo and spray their way through squads.
  • N0DucksGiven
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Glad the powers that be fixed the "squad-join" bug -- they heard and took action. On another point, because I play medic -- I'm going to ask, "Why on god's green earth would the animation take so long AND make us sit-up in the middle of a fire fight?" In BF4, I would charge that shock-paddle while running up on a downed teammate -- can't we charge the syringe while running to the down player in BF5? AND make it so -- if we don't get a full syringe charge -- the down player also gets partial health vice full health? Knowing the revive animation takes so long, while playing sniper, I'll wait for Johnny-do-good Medic to revive a down player -- after the lift animation, shoot him between his eyes for his troubles AND shoot the down player (again). I'll sit there until another do-good-squad mate tries to do the right thing and rev his buddy. I'll sit there until I get stabbed in the back because there's a special place in hell for someone that does this :P Seriously, can the "Charge Syringe" while running to down team mates become reality? Would be awesome!