Massive thanks

HuwJarz
3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I just wanted to say a massive thanks to ALL the forum regulars that were playing conquest last night in the game that ACES team switched.

You all made the game a FANTASTiC experience for all the players involved. For ACES, coming back from 150 tickets back and getting base trapped is a tough ask, but it was fantastic that everyone stayed in the server right till the end.

Real sportsmanship on show to stay in server right till the end.

Thanks everyone.

Got some great video of the game if anyone is interested. On several occasions I get shot while executing 360 degree spinning t-bags!

Fun for all involved. This is why we love BF1.

Comments

• ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds awesome! Video yessss
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

There you go Exor. Your wishes are granted.

I know that some haven't got the time to watch an entire video, so I will draw your attention to:

1. You will see some of my trademark 360 tbagging at 6.18, 7.58 and 17.34. I am still practising it, and it is still quite not quite the finished article because the XIM cannot let you move at 1-2-1 speed, and also I run out of mouse mat space as the mouse performs the 360.

2. 21.22 - The all important scoreboard. After a tough game the ACES rise to the top. A great example of 'teamwork' vs 'community'. Unfortunately I was slightly over judicious with my editing and accidentally scrubbed the last minute, but you will build a picture.

Teamswitcing is a lot of fun. Keeps servers alive.

Hats of to all that stayed in tech server right to the end. Made it a great game.
  • b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nice bagging action. Teamswitch made for a good game, it was definitely going to be a full blown spawn **** otherwise.

@HuwJarz, work on your recoil control buddy. Especially with a XIM you should be able to maintain that sedblaster so the reticle barely bounces. You’ve go the skill to do it and you’ll bag loads more kills then.
  • WetFishDB
    1974 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    b2tchwood wrote: »
    Nice bagging action. Teamswitch made for a good game, it was definitely going to be a full blown spawn **** otherwise.

@HuwJarz, work on your recoil control buddy. Especially with a XIM you should be able to maintain that sedblaster so the reticle barely bounces. You’ve go the skill to do it and you’ll bag loads more kills then.

Howell Automatic I think, but otherwise agree. Was a good game. Wish I hadn’t joined late or I could have maybe sneaked an MVP on that one.
  • b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

Howell Automatic I think, but otherwise agree. Was a good game. Wish I hadn’t joined late or I could have maybe sneaked an MVP on that one.

Ahhh sorry, shows how much I use medic (not even sure if I’ve got 50 **** yet???). I really enjoyed it, started playing medic but then went tank hunting with assault, I honestly have a problem.... I have to take them out, it’s like a disease :#
  • WetFishDB
    1974 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Ahhh sorry, shows how much I use medic (not even sure if I’ve got 50 **** yet???). I really enjoyed it, started playing medic but then went tank hunting with assault, I honestly have a problem.... I have to take them out, it’s like a disease :#

Amen. Sometimes you can leave it to others. Sometimes it’s gotta be down to you etc. Swapped to assault a few times to go tank hunting in that one.
  • HuwJarz
    edited July 2018
    Amen. Sometimes you can leave it to others. Sometimes it’s gotta be down to you etc.

and sometimes players see that they are going to take a loss and leave the server.......as happened here. Platoons stick together. It seems that communities don't.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    Amen. Sometimes you can leave it to others. Sometimes it’s gotta be down to you etc.

and sometimes players see that they are going to take a loss and leave the server.......as happened here. Platoons stick together. It seems that communities don't.

Did FF’ers quitted?
  • fisknyllet17
    1727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Did FF’ers quitted?
    I don't quit for nobody.
    I just wanted to say a massive thanks to ALL the forum regulars that were playing conquest last night in the game that ACES team switched.

You all made the game a FANTASTiC experience for all the players involved. For ACES, coming back from 150 tickets back and getting base trapped is a tough ask, but it was fantastic that everyone stayed in the server right till the end.

Thanks everyone.

Got some great video of the game if anyone is interested. On several occasions I get shot while executing 360 degree spinning t-bags!

GG
  • shaunlake1344
    547 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I know that some haven't got the time to watch an entire video, so I will draw your attention to:

1. You will see some of my trademark 360 tbagging at 6.18, 7.58 and 17.34. I am still practising it, and it is still quite not quite the finished article because the XIM cannot let you move at 1-2-1 speed, and also I run out of mouse mat space as the mouse performs the 360.

2. 21.22 - The all important scoreboard. After a tough game the ACES rise to the top. A great example of 'teamwork' vs 'community'. Unfortunately I was slightly over judicious with my editing and accidentally scrubbed the last minute, but you will build a picture.

Hats of to all that stayed in tech server right to the end. Made it a great game.

Nice video mate. Cheers for posting, been looking forward to seeing some ACES gameplay. Really nice start for your team there, I see them push through the capture points and hold the majority of flags, they must have enjoyed that. Then at the 3 minute mark I see your squad have joined the server so you guys switch teams and form an ACES squad in the opposite team. At this point you are about 60 tickets down. I see this increase to about 100 then level out before starting to rebalance. By the ten minute mark you guys have pushed C and D and are now winning. At 22 minutes I see that you control all flags except flag D and have your former teamates spawn trapped on flag D and their spawn point. At the end of the video you guys are 153 tickets ahead with 98 remaining, I presume you won by over two hundred tickers?

It's a fantastic video because it shows us why Dice can't balance the game. Even if a team is 100 point down, a squad of high level players can join the team and go on to easily dominate the round. I'm glad you guys had fun engineering a victory like that starting with a handicap. It was probably a horrible game for the guys who started on your team but hey ho, that's what blueberries are for isn't it?

• V_Effect91017
    191 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Shame I missed this one.
    I did actually spectate the achi baba game though as server was full. Its quite strange being able to see a game from all different angles/players. Some of you got cracking aim, looking at it from your POV. GG
  • Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Thanks everyone.

I was involved in this and I gotta say I'm super impressed!
  • HuwJarz

Nice video mate. Cheers for posting, been looking forward to seeing some ACES gameplay. Really nice start for your team there, I see them push through the capture points and hold the majority of flags, they must have enjoyed that. Then at the 3 minute mark I see your squad have joined the server so you guys switch teams and form an ACES squad in the opposite team. At this point you are about 60 tickets down. I see this increase to about 100 then level out before starting to rebalance. By the ten minute mark you guys have pushed C and D and are now winning. At 22 minutes I see that you control all flags except flag D and have your former teamates spawn trapped on flag D and their spawn point. At the end of the video you guys are 153 tickets ahead with 98 remaining, I presume you won by over two hundred tickers?

It's a fantastic video because it shows us why Dice can't balance the game. Even if a team is 100 point down, a squad of high level players can join the team and go on to easily dominate the round. I'm glad you guys had fun engineering a victory like that starting with a handicap. It was probably a horrible game for the guys who started on your team but hey ho, that's what blueberries are for isn't it?

That’s certainly an interesting observation.

My personal take on it is that you can only beat what is in front of you. On THIS occasion we did not have a high level squad in opposition. No coordination. Two of them even left their mates to the slaughter. A bit of a rabble. Therefore it is was relatively easy to dominate and control the map.

In most games that we teamswitch we face a better quality of opposition and the teamswitch game is much much closer.

You are taking a sample of one and generalising. I am making a slightly different, but no less subtle point.

It is a rare to win as easy as this after a teamswitch, but you can only beat the opposition you have.

A bit like when, in a game of TDM, you are hill jumping, one not your fault that the enemy don’t tell each other about the camper in the hill to eradicate you and you go 27-4.

That is really no different.

Why don’t you have that game with Exor and see how you get on with proper opposition?
  • fisknyllet17
    1727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I did ok by my standards. Am I "rabble"? Interesting. I never knew I was. :disappointed:
  • shaunlake1344
    547 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Take a look at this video mate. I stay on a hill for 5 minutes until I run out of Ammo. I stand on a hill, I'm moving and I don't go prone once. I'm shooting numerous enemies who can see where I am on their killcam. They cannot remove me from the hill. I then go on to slaughter a few more players with various weapons. I do not get one revive, one heal or one ammo resupply from my team. This game was with a DS4 before I started using the Xim.

• WetFishDB
    edited July 2018
    Really enjoyed that game. Not my best performance, but always good to get a comeback. Not sure how it was ‘engineered’. The team pushed enemy to spawn so we swapped (I joined at that point I think) and then we turned it around.

No game can be balanced if there is a wide skill gap, which I believe there is in this game as a whole - made worse from TTK2 IMHO.
  • Prep768
    3419 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I did ok by my standards. Am I "rabble"? Interesting. I never knew I was. :disappointed:

I believe this may be a attempt at baiting myself or Troke as we left the server as soon as the game started due to it being late on a work day.

Like I've said in the past, it's like I'm the popular kid in school being infatuated over by the fat bird.
  • ProLegion_exor

Why don’t you have that game with Exor and see how you get on with proper opposition
    He want to pad K/D against clueless tdm’ers. Afraid of a challanges
  • fisknyllet17

Thanks everyone.

I was involved in this and I gotta say I'm super impressed!
    What's your gt?
    Prep768 wrote: »

I believe this may be a attempt at baiting myself or Troke as we left the server as soon as the game started due to it being late on a work day.

Like I've said in the past, it's like I'm the popular kid in school being infatuated over by the fat bird.
    Yeah the baiting part I understood.
  • Sciolist
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018

I’m definitely rabble. Apologies to my team mates for playing half the game still trying to unlock weapons. I should also drink less wine when playing. Sorry.

GG Aces.

This discussion has been closed.