Teamswitching

Comments

• HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh. Ok. So you are now better than him, because you wasted less of your life playing BF1?

Nice argument.

Your 36 days were far more productive than his? You probably cured cancer while Exor was wasting his time?

Tell me, what have you achieved personally while Exor was being a sad miserable guy playing games.

What’s your legacy?
  • von_Campenstein
    6548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    If they turn off team switching I hope they’ve improved balance a bit. Just last night the guys I was playing with all team switched to see we could help out the enemy who’d been spawn trapped early. Without the ability to do so that game would have been awfully boring for everyone.

Turning it off without changing how Conquest is scored would be useless. I think it's way too late though and DICE have shown little interest in shoring up the bad state of the mode, could it be that it would steal too much of posterboy Operations thunder if Conquest all of a sudden was exciting again?

I agree. Sorry, I was referring to them turning it off in BFV, which already has the scoring change thankfully.

I think it is off, I watched Jackfrags play and he wanted to get on the defender side but the game put him as attacker and he could not switch, he did not find that option.
  • shaunlake1344
    547 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds like a big improvement to me. Now Dice will be able to balance the games without the interference of players switching teams. I hate it when the MVP from the other team team switches on to my team. I'm like we've just spent the last 4 games hunting each other down and now I'm supposed to be your friend and try to help you? When they do it mid-round it drives me crazy!

Redeploy
    Teamswitch
    "Teamswitching would cause the game to become unbalanced"
    Leave game

Team switching is probably the biggest cause of badly balanced games in BF1.
  • tamatem13
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    mmm... I understand the point about team switchers being annoying...
    Yet, the thing is guys, some people genuinely want to play a specific team (attackers or defenders). If I am spawned in as a defender (while I wanted to attack), then there should be a mechanic to let me switch. People should have the choice or ability to play the team they want to play in.

Maybe anther way to tackle this is to give players the choice (choose to be attacker or defender) before the operations start (then keep them in that team without switching)?
    Although, that too would be a problem (what happens if most want to be in attack for example?). Maybe giving priority to some based on their performance (they get assigned to the team they chose) ??
    But, you'll have a balancing issue and people being pissed for not getting the team they wanted :S

tough one this!
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1223 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    With the BF1 Conquest scoring system there's almost no chance of a comeback, because points accrue regardless, so more flags just means more points, but 1 flag still gets you some, so if the lead is enough the winning team could still win even if they lose all flags but one for a good long while. I've seen it happen tons of times, where the winning team suddenly starts getting stomped and losing all the flags, but they still win anyway.

And Behemoths don't help at all in Conquest, at best they're a distraction for both teams allowing a squad or two to sneak by and cap a flag, but I've never seem them contribute to an actual comeback.

BF4's system of tug-of-war scoring was much better, and I'm glad it's making a comeback in BFV.
  • von_Campenstein
    6548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    With the BF1 Conquest scoring system there's almost no chance of a comeback, because points accrue regardless, so more flags just means more points, but 1 flag still gets you some, so if the lead is enough the winning team could still win even if they lose all flags but one for a good long while. I've seen it happen tons of times, where the winning team suddenly starts getting stomped and losing all the flags, but they still win anyway.

And Behemoths don't help at all in Conquest, at best they're a distraction for both teams allowing a squad or two to sneak by and cap a flag, but I've never seem them contribute to an actual comeback.

BF4's system of tug-of-war scoring was much better, and I'm glad it's making a comeback in BFV.

I've been on plenty behemoth comebacks, almost all of them train. But that was before the behemoth nerf aka specializations and flak perk in perticular. That and there are only noobs still playing the game to any degree and those tend not to spot so the behemoth is firing blind.
  • shaunlake1344
    547 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    Since October? I've renovated a house. I bought it for 100 grand and I'll be selling it for about 200 grand next summer. Have to wait until after April to sell it so I can avoid capital gains tax. Already paid off 50 grand of the mortgage so I'll be 150 grand richer next year. Pretty good year and a half for me.
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Since October? I've renovated a house. I bought it for 100 grand and I'll be selling it for about 200 grand next summer. Have to wait until after April to sell it so I can avoid capital gains tax. Already paid off 50 grand of the mortgage so I'll be 150 grand richer next year. Pretty good year and a half for me.

Lol. That’s an achievement? Well done.

I really wish I could live in a house worth 200k. What the secret of your success?

Tell me, what do I need to do to replicate your success? Perhaps I need to play only 30 days of BF and I might do as well as you.

What do you drive? A Ferrari?
  • shaunlake1344
    edited June 2018
    It's probably because I play less video games than you do. Fwiw I saved up money in the Army and it started from there. I don't drive a Ferrari because I'm not stupid with money. I drive a 500 quid battered Peugeot 106 that I converted into a van with a roof rack. It goes 70mph easily. I can do my work with it and it leaves me spare cash to spend on my mountain bike, which is considerably more expensive.

And would you please explain why you tell members of your clan in the same party as you but on the opposite team not to shoot you? Don't you think this is a bad thing to do?
    Post edited by shaunlake1344 on
  • WetFishDB
    1962 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's probably because I play less video games than you do. Fwiw I saved up money in the Army and it started from there. I don't drive a Ferrari because I'm not stupid with money. I drive a 500 quid battered Peugeot 106 that I converted into a van with a roof rack. It goes 70mph easily. I can do my work with it and it leaves me spare cash to spend on my mountain bike, which is considerably more expensive.

And would you please explain why you tell members of your clan in the same party as you but on the opposite team not to shoot you? Don't you think this is a bad thing to do?

I can’t speak for the event you are talking about. Sometimes we get team swapped if we have two squads.

Some of our platoon enjoy being on the other team and we end up teabagging each other and hunting each other down etc.

Some have a sort of mates-code and/or try to avoid each other, for a mixture of reasons; we know each other’s playbook and so can either go to opposite flags or try to directly counter etc. As a general rule some of us don’t like killing our mates, and repeatedly apologise for doing so.

I know if I notice that it’s one of my platoon mates but not one of the aforementioned players that enjoy trabagging their platoon mates, then I won’t shoot them but will let them know that I’m there etc. And often that applies in reverse - for example, last night I had a flank on the enemy tank. I knew one of my platoon mates had been in a tank earlier so just asked in party if it was still him. It wasn’t, so I took out the tank. If it had been I’d have let him carry about his business.

Sometimes being a mate is more important than a kill. But I guess that’s not something you’d understand.
  • HuwJarz
    edited June 2018

Sure man.

I really wish I could live in a 200k house. Wow - that is amazing.

Hint: I live in a house that is appropriate for me and my family. I also don’t drive a big car. I think I am doing ok.

AND I get to play loads of games.

Tell me again how successful you are.

Post edited by HuwJarz on
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    He doesn't give up :lol:

1 v 1 exor, let's see the skills :)
  • shaunlake1344
    HuwJarz wrote: »

Sure man.

I really wish I could live in a 200k house. Wow - that is amazing.

Hint: I live in a house that is appropriate for me and my family. I also don’t drive a big car. I think I am doing ok.

AND I get to play loads of games.

Tell me again how successful you are.

Lol, it's not a competition! It's not the house I live in, wouldn't be making money if it was would I? Sounds like we've both had a good year, down to about 3 months now, doesn't take long when you've done it a few times. Also get 17 grand a year tax free non income related for being a disabled war veteran, so keep working hard buddy! ;)
  • Forkbeard84
    1538 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ypu guys are both successful. Lol who care? Play more Battlefield and make a difference in the world!
  • shaunlake1344
    I just answered his question mate. I don't know why he's so interested but I'm happy to answer questions if people want to know more about me. I'm not sure why he told me how much he earns, it not something that interests me.
  • V_Effect91017
    191 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2018
    @shaunlake1344
    No one is interested in how much money you have or how many houses you've sold. You get free money for being disabled then smugly say, keep working hard. I could also claim disability (any serious injury's thread) but do i, no I don't I go to work. You've called every medic player a coward and bashed people for playing with mates.
    You've said conquest and operations players would have trouble in TDM, you've bashed @ProLegion_exor for running with medics saying his K/D ratio is all down to being revived. Yet I assume you won't play against him as medic is "the least skilled" class.
    @WetFishDB and @The_BERG_366 have kindly taken the time to explain in detail how lag compensation works (thanks btw) , yet you refuse to believe facts. I really don't know what you have against certain players or platoons, one person called you out on your playstyle and you've gone on a 3 day destruction of various threads, mine included. There is one thing I can suggest you buy with your free money.. a new attitude
    @HuwJarz, sorry for this off topic post in your thread, I just to say my piece.
  • HuwJarz
    edited July 2018
    Poor quality trolling. TDM makes up a tiny minority of gameplay and rewards those that like single player games.

That is not what BF is about for the vast mafority (over 95% of players play objective based game modes)

TDM is the only gamemode that rewards hill humping. You will see in the stats of players that play mainly TDM. Typically they struggle so win even 50. of games in other game modes. Games are about winning. Not personal performance. SK Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi whether they are happy today.

TDM is a game mode for a friendless society. It’s tough when one is on one’s own and suffering disability and mental illness it’s hard not to be angry with the world.

We should be sympathetic, not angry in return.
  • shaunlake1344
    Fwiw I've been sectioned 3 times. There's a very good reason why I don't have a job and nobody puts any pressure on me to get one. Have you served your country in a foreign war? Because the government looks upon you very favourably when psychiatrists say that your illness is a result of your service. PTSD is a condition which can develop into other conditions such as bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia, and schizoeffective disorder, all four I have been disagnosed with, in that order.
  • WetFishDB
    1962 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fwiw I've been sectioned 3 times. There's a very good reason why I don't have a job and nobody puts any pressure on me to get one. Have you served your country in a foreign war? Because the government looks upon you very favourably when psychiatrists say that your illness is a result of your service. PTSD is a condition which can develop into other conditions such as bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia, and schizoeffective disorder, all four I have been disagnosed with, in that order.

I think we can all actually believe that. Most of us have witnessed your condition here on the forums.

I’ve got a lot of respect for ex armed services. But I do think you’ve done yourself a disservice on this forum.
  • shaunlake1344
    Really? That's a surprise! I was under the impression you guys thought I was a shining oracle of wisdom.