Weekly BF

I should be excited for this game because...?

BipedEagle93887
15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Tell me on reason why I should be hyped for this game.

BF3 took graphics and sound to a new level.
BF4 evolved the graphics even more and added levolution.
Hardline had a totally new approach to the game.
Bf1 was the first BF game that wasn't held back by the prev gen of consoles.
BFV ??? What's new with BFV?

First of all it looks just like Bf1.
Oh they are making some changes to the bullet registration and to ammo and blah blah blah... Who cares? These are balancing changes that could have been applied to BF1.

Is there anything actually new to this game?

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    11084 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Watch video and read about it.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Drift0r just made a video saying it feels more like CoD which he prefers, but I like BF cos it doesn't feel like CoD. Grim.
  • Solid_SkG
    1134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "First of all it looks just like Bf1"

Believe me its different when you play it than watching videos on youtube.The game feels nothing like BF1 or CoD.
  • Gattlin
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Alt account perhaps there Biped?
  • baroncrovax
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    6 words: "But she's got a new hat!"
  • MHbluey
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Oh they are making some changes to the bullet registration and to ammo and blah blah blah... Who cares? These are balancing changes that could have been applied to BF1.

that's my view of it so far
  • Hawxxeye
    6055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFV's selling point is being the visually best WW2 shooter first of all
  • RTGuardian
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    New gunplay mechanic that honestly feels amazing.
    WW2 Setting.
    Many new gameplay features like squad revive, squad reinforcments, improved movement system.
    Huge visual and gameplay customization.
    Less casual approach with limited ammo and up regen. No 3d spot etc.
    Top of the line destruction.

Many things to be hyped for.

I agree. It's a step up from BF1. LIked BF1 but BFV is a huge improvement. And hopefully with all the new and more variety of weapons available during the WW2 era should be fun!
  • Guilleduardo
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

where can i get a invitation for the alpha :O ?
  • TEKNOCODE
    11084 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Drift0r just made a video saying it feels more like CoD which he prefers, but I like BF cos it doesn't feel like CoD. Grim.

If he said this then he doesn't know wtf he's talking about, I don't care how many youtube subs he has or how much he's played both games. I've watched gameplay and it looks absolutely nothing like COD. It's the same spiel every time a new BF is dropped - people don't like something about the game then start shouting to the masses "It's COD!!! It's COD!!!" as if that's going to impact sales or make the devs change something.

The COD comparison got old 3 games ago. It's time for people to come up with something new.
    *fortnite
    *pubg
  • MissCommissar
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    There shouldn't be something totaly new in each new iteration of BF, there is no rule for that. Having something new isn't a good thing by itself, it may be new, but bad ez.

BF V is going to be like... BF 1 with some new interesting mechanics and stuff setted in... pretty free interpretation of WW II.

I mean, it's same like it was with BF 3 and 4, where 4 was just totaly the same game but with a bit better graphics, some awful "levolution" (which still looks worse, than total destruction mechanics of BFBC2, lol) and some new features, like different planes types and stuff.

At the end of the day, there is nothing to be really "excited" for, it's not a Half-Life 3 or first in literally 20 years new CoD on new engine. Just one more BF game, which is same, as all previous, but little different in something, little new in something else... But totaly the same in general.

It's like with EA Sports and FIFA, where with each new year the biggest changes they make there are:

1.) New footballer stats

2.) "A bit improved physics of ball in our rail-based scrypted sport game about soccer", lol.
  • JamieCurnock
    616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Bf3 was great, a true step up from the previous title. Bf4 launch was one of the worst game launches I've ever seen, the graphics were only a very slight improvement over bf3 (if at all), the levolution was better but still not as good as bad company 2 (from memory).
    Hard line was atrocious, the worst bf game there's been, scrap it from the history books!
    Bf1 in my mind finally made the game feel polished, a lot less bugs than bf4, obvs still had some (this is dice after all) also a def improvement in graphics as well.

To me bf5 has some great gameplay changes that will make it feel different to bf1 but ultimately its the same step up between bf3 and bf4.

Regardless it still looks amazing, can't wait to buy it
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I don't know how the heck you think it looks just like BF1...
  • UraniumReaper
    593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Bf3 was great, a true step up from the previous title. Bf4 launch was one of the worst game launches I've ever seen, the graphics were only a very slight improvement over bf3 (if at all), the levolution was better but still not as good as bad company 2 (from memory).
    Hard line was atrocious, the worst bf game there's been, scrap it from the history books!
    Bf1 in my mind finally made the game feel polished, a lot less bugs than bf4, obvs still had some (this is dice after all) also a def improvement in graphics as well.

To me bf5 has some great gameplay changes that will make it feel different to bf1 but ultimately its the same step up between bf3 and bf4.

Regardless it still looks amazing, can't wait to buy it

How was Hardline bad? I felt like it refined the gunplay and had a lot to offer... I mean it ended up getting worse over time and then it never got fixed but the same could be said about almost all BF titles haha
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Because BF1 turned out so good. :D
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2018

E=mc2.
    Post edited by Dogwoggle11 on
  • AngryBFGameNerd
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Agree, have no idea about what’s the selling point of this game. Even battlefield 4 which was criticized to be battlefield 3.5 looked more amazing when EA released its trailer. Honestly, according to videos I watched on YouTube, I think it is just a weirdo reproduced by cod and battlefield 1.

One thing I would say, although I don’t really like the concept of behemoth. But damn, that thing looks bad **** as f even now. I preorder battlefield 1 just because the blimp appeared in the first trailer. The thing I always like about battlefield is that although there are lots of things I don’t like in the game, but overall the game looks unique, it’s different compared to other shooter games. But this one is, just, not that unique in my opinion.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Still salty about BF1, I see.

They took a good game and for seemingly no reason flushed it down the toilet, almost like they had to make it bad to make this game look good and not sell this on its own merits. You can meme on about salt, I call it like I see it.