Battlefield 5 Explosions

PhonB80
134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I am a kid at heart and love explosions in games (It's the only reason I play Just Cause). Anyone know if the V1 rocket is the biggest explosion/decimation we'll see in the game? I really hope not, I do not think it is THAT impressive and WWII had some weapons that truly leveled entire cities. There really should be no shortage of destruction in this game.

Comments

• Tullzter
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PhonB80 wrote: »
    I am a kid at heart and love explosions in games (It's the only reason I play Just Cause). Anyone know if the V1 rocket is the biggest explosion/decimation we'll see in the game? I really hope not, I do not think it is THAT impressive and WWII had some weapons that truly leveled entire cities. There really should be no shortage of destruction in this game.

Besides Nukes i don't see what other weapons leveled cities during WW2? even the large canons a la Bertha or the likes didn't have the destructive power of the V1 / V2
  • RaNdOmKils666
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    The Sturmtiger has a 380mm cannon (missile launcher?) capable of annihilating most buildings or fortifications in a single shot, unfortunately DICE hasn't modelled the in-game Sturmtigers destruction model after its real life counterpart. Hopefully in the full release it'll perform more like a Heavy Assault Gun (or anti-structure tank) then a tank destroyer, although it should 1 shot anything it hits, just balance it out by giving it a really long reload time.

Another destructive contender would be the Katyusha Rocket Launcher, which is basically just a big rack of un-guided Rockets fired off the back of a truck.

The KV-2 would be another good addition as it is basically a 152mm howitzer mounted on a KV-1 heavy tank hull. This beast could 1shot pretty much every tank the Germans had during WW2.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmtiger
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katyusha_rocket_launcher
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kliment_Voroshilov_tank
  • KYUSS_QOTSA
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF3 had the best explosions imo. the way the vehicles was pushed in different directions by the explosion force was a nice detail. for example if your put c4 on the back of the tank the explosion will push the backside of the tank up. i dont know why they did remove this in BF1 and Bf4. thats just shows how Dice rushing out their games. this BF5 imo is a full dissapointment for me.
  • MotchiMoose
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Planes crashing have a really nice huge explosion. And Dice have probably the best sound design of any game imo, I don't think you will disappointed.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1034 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    PhonB80 wrote: »

Well this is one big gun... Will have a huge explosion. Anzio Annie !!!

I can see this gun in the game, coming out of a tunnel to shoot!!!