Weekly Debrief

Inifnite loading screen

Comments

• BulletOverdose
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    same problem after last update, same specs they just brake the game with every update
    "Brake the game"? Wait would that be disc, drum or anti-lock? Please be more specific.

man you are so funny wait till you get these problems fool
  • BulletOverdose
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    well deleted the game and reinstalled, played 6 games and no problem with black loading screen. hope it stays away. before that my game had the problem every match so i think its fixed.
  • ELPAPOSUCIO
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    When switching or starting a new map the circle just keeps spinning and the screen is blank. Map will not load. This has happened several times since last update. You play a game, the game ends, the stats come up, then the timer gets to 0 and a new game should start but instead you get the spinning ball blank screen. Anybody else? Something about the update screwed things up. Never had this problem before.

i7 860
    GTX 1080

Same here... trying to “clear local saved games” and “clear local xBox 360 storage” to see if that dies the trick. X my fingers.
  • DaveTheBrave_USA
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I got BF 1 running in the background with a spinning load wheel right now. No response from DICE. Frustrating.
  • Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    same problem after last update, same specs they just brake the game with every update
    "Brake the game"? Wait would that be disc, drum or anti-lock? Please be more specific.

man you are so funny wait till you get these problems fool

Um well I'm waiting for my game to "brake" and still nothing. What do I do now? Keep waiting?
  • itrubsthelotion
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    As Ricky Roma once said....WHAT YOU'RE HIRED FOR, is to help us... does that seem clear to you? TO HELP US, not to... F#CK US UP... to help those who are going out there to try to earn a living... You fairy. You company man.
  • jarskynz
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm getting the same issue, but only when loading between matches. So I can start a game just fine, but inconsistantly when the match finishes, I won't see the "Continue" button in the bottom right, then when the counter reaches 0 it goes to the infinite black loading screen. It started after the last big update.

i7 3770K
    32GB DDR3-2400
    2 x EVGA GTX 1070 FTW's
    Windows 10 v1803
    Nvidia Driver 398.36

It does it wether im using SLI or not. I've also done 2 Nvidia driver updates since the BF1 update and they havent resolved it.
  • Birchell7610
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Same issues. Can't continue to the next game much of the time.
  • Sgt_Rillllller
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For God sake....we are paying them and this is what we get! FIX THE GAME ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dbthump
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same...
  • 3ricCartm4n
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    plus one
  • 5nnuggles
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    loaded up today and bf applied a very quick update, was able to play 4-5 rounds and then loading amiens for the second time in the rotation it got hung up on the black loading screen as the map was finished loading.
  • LumoColor
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    5nnuggles wrote: »
    loaded up today and bf applied a very quick update, was able to play 4-5 rounds and then loading amiens for the second time in the rotation it got hung up on the black loading screen as the map was finished loading.
    Same, when I updated the UI and had a few games with out issue I really got my hopes up that it had been fixed only to be dashed by the black screen of despair and white circle of infinitude after winning attack on Galacia and loading Brusilov Keep.

• OberstSchmitt
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Certainly isn't getting any better.
  • BulletOverdose
    well deleted the game and reinstalled, played 6 games and no problem with black loading screen. hope it stays away. before that my game had the problem every match so i think its fixed.

nope its back shitgame gj dice
  • ELPAPOSUCIO
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    When switching or starting a new map the circle just keeps spinning and the screen is blank. Map will not load. This has happened several times since last update. You play a game, the game ends, the stats come up, then the timer gets to 0 and a new game should start but instead you get the spinning ball blank screen. Anybody else? Something about the update screwed things up. Never had this problem before.

i7 860
    GTX 1080

Same here... trying to “clear local saved games” and “clear local xBox 360 storage” to see if that dies the trick. X my fingers.

Yes!!! After clearing local saved games and xBox 360 storage, loaded up BF1, and played multiple rounds without incident!!! That worked!!!
  • dbthump
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fixed for me, for now...

After the most recent update (Late June) I noticed a couple issues. First, all my key bindings were reset. Not a huge issue BUT I don't play default so it's a chore to reconfigure. I played one round (multiplayer) and then my game would not load the next map after a round. The screen would go black with the load circle in the upper right corner, with music playing. ALT+F4 did nothing and I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL every time I play one round to get to task manager and end task on BF1. Over 250 hours have been played on this PC and nothing has changed since I first built it. I only play multiplayer; never even opened the campaign.

I tried some things I found on Google search (last 7 days). Reddit has a few new threads on this topic from others with the same issue. Toggled "weapon DOF", updated Nvidia driver, nothing worked. Someone suggested just pressing the "CONTINUE" button, and only then did I notice I didn't have that button after the round. Only the "QUIT" button on the left. To be honest, I didn't know there was a CONTINUE button since I never pressed it before.

Today, I read something about going into C:/ Battlefield 1/ settings (folder) and deleting the PROFSAVE_profile. I decided to delete everything in that folder and started the game, which started differently than normal. First, it was in window mode and acted like a fresh install, from the intro, and then went straight into campaign. I excited out and had to reset all my video, audio and key bindings (again), as it was now default.

Started a round of multiplayer, played it, and between maps noticed I now had a continue button on the right side. The next map loaded and all seems to be good, for now...

Win 10
    Core i5
    EVGA 970
    32 gb ram
    Samsung 850 Pro 512gb

• Pimp_SWE
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    game has been broken since Day 1
  • Kompura
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just happened again. The continue (to next map) button never came and then black screen with spinner.
  • 3ricCartm4n
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fix the freakin game dice...its unplayable.Every round i must shut down game by force and load it again.