We have pushed a fix to address the issue with Rank 20 rewards. If you are missing your rewards for Class Rank 20, please play a match to completion and the Rewards should drop into your Armory.

Thanks for sticking with us.

Thread to contain discussions in support of the customisation settings already inplace

Comments

• Phat_Helmet
    2163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Customization isn't the game yet, I get it but really what were they thinking? Why the snipers of asian appearance in Narvik in Norway?

wiminwimin2.jpg?width=1618&height=911

You see, one of the devs has a daughter......
  • ANT0NIVS
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would buy BF5 and pay double if soldiers historically correct.
  • Thebeau1771
    135 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Let us customize our weapons. The microtrasactions should be for cosmetic only.
  • Hortey
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    dinobass wrote: »
    How about if Tides of War is treated differently than general multi-player with regards to customization? Multi-player can have full customization, but Tides of War would be restricted to skins and weapons authentic to the era. For instance, the Fall of Europe ToW would not have Tiger tanks.

Or, assuming that the rendering of clothing is done client-side, give us the option to default everyone else to a generic weapon skin/camo skin but keep their preferred gender/skin color/customization?

I mean, it IS a warzone, people will be different but the uniforms should be.... uniform, no?
  • VBALL_MVP
    6160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hortey wrote: »
    dinobass wrote: »
    How about if Tides of War is treated differently than general multi-player with regards to customization? Multi-player can have full customization, but Tides of War would be restricted to skins and weapons authentic to the era. For instance, the Fall of Europe ToW would not have Tiger tanks.

Or, assuming that the rendering of clothing is done client-side, give us the option to default everyone else to a generic weapon skin/camo skin but keep their preferred gender/skin color/customization?

I mean, it IS a warzone, people will be different but the uniforms should be.... uniform, no?

No not necessarily.
  • JosephCr1984
    118 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am in favor of the ability to customize, but per many other points:

1 - It needs to be reasonably priced, and hopefully available via credit earned in-game as well.
    2 - If the customizations can be disabled - which that may have to be an option if there's a performance impact rendering all that client-side - then it defeats the whole point.

I am hopeful that it will all be historically accurate and that it will be suitable to a battlefield. Meaning, not something that makes you an easy and obvious target to the opposing forces.
  • M1ck3y-XIX-
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I prefere paid for good skin high price,!!! and have the same game during 5 years and more!!!, than paid low price custom and need to buy another bf in 2 years
  • fisknyllet17
    1570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Uwotm8?
  • S4R1N
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I fully support this kind of customization, especially as a monetization method.

Having paid cosmetics (that are not random from loot boxes) is a fantastic way to increase revenue WITHOUT dividing your playerbase. Previously, the whole PREMIUM side and those who forked out for the DLC just resulted in servers having to explicitly stated (Core maps only) to increase engagement and avoid losing potential players.

By stripping away the segregation of different players, we can look forward to having a more active playerbase across the board. I think that if the AAA industry is never going to move away from the microtransaction route (and why would they), then it should at least be of some benefit to the player, rather than an exploitative system like we saw in Battlefront 2.

Cosmetic items that are split between in-game achievement only rewards (something to grind for and be proud of) and the paid cosmetic items is definitely a good path, that way the people who don't want to spend much money on the microtransactions can get the small, cool little things they want and the whale who 'need' to have everything can still buy up whatever they like.

I'm looking forward to having actual soldier customization in a Battlefield game, given how awesome some of the player models looked in BF:1, I can't wait to play around with it in BF:V (this naming convention is stupid btw). I also wouldn't mind the addition of some clan-specific gear that a clan owner could fork out for, unlocking a specific item for their clan to give that kind of clan identity beyond the clan tag and logo, though I probably shouldn't give them ideas on how to gouge more money from the community.
  • marcanthony421
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bring it on. I want people to see my outfit and tremble in fear because my character looks so ****
  • spateri1
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes just please keep the gun attachments there. More the better. I dont care for skins and such but people seem to love them so keep em for sure and why not make them even more customizable?
  • JCas127-Master
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If odd customization means live service rather then DLC then I’m in
  • EDIT_ID
    76 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It is almost like we should implement a game mode like BF1 called "Back to basics", where ALL cosmetics are stripped back to the historically accurate and contextual setting. Being a game mode, all other game modes will not be affected and so nobody will get annoyed seeing daft cosmetics when trying to do a cinematic or just feel the game in terms of history.
    There is no problem to this at all. It makes both sides happy and keeps the game alive.
    Your thoughts?
  • VBALL_MVP
    6160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is almost like we should implement a game mode like BF1 called "Back to basics", where ALL cosmetics are stripped back to the historically accurate and contextual setting. Being a game mode, all other game modes will not be affected and so nobody will get annoyed seeing daft cosmetics when trying to do a cinematic or just feel the game in terms of history.
    There is no problem to this at all. It makes both sides happy and keeps the game alive.
    Your thoughts?

Fine as long as both teams get only one weapon to choose from and only ammo pouches and med pouches are used (no revives).
  • disposalist
    7863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is almost like we should implement a game mode like BF1 called "Back to basics", where ALL cosmetics are stripped back to the historically accurate and contextual setting
    Back to Basics in BF1 has nothing to do with cosmetics. It's all about the gun choice. You still see the black germans and female snipers that certain people freaked out about.

No, there doesn't need to be a 'historically accurate' setting because then you'd need to have no revives and no reloading in a split second and no comms etc. etc.
  • CAPTAlN__ARABIA
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
  • necromancer-xx
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Please just give me skull facepaint that I can wear on any faction. As long as I get that, you can do whatever you like. I definitely think that different faces, facepaints, hair, hats, shirts, pants, boots, jackets should be the very least we can choose from. I was a HUGE Rainbow Six Vegas 2 fan mainly because of the customization. And no I don't think it has to be historically correct. This is a video game and this is YOUR take on it. No one said this was a historically correct implementation of WW2. People need to calm down already. Just give the players who actually do want customization a lot of different options please. For those that don't, give them the option to just see default skins all the time. Simple as that. Thank you for constantly releasing a better game with each release. Keep it up !!!
  • GeneralXIV
    72 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    *first and probably last comment on these forums*

Just a disclaimer: Generally speaking, Im not a fan of shooters. Often, I find the gameplay pretty meh and many communities are veerryyy toxic. That said, I think what Ive seen so far for Battlefield V is promising (not the community though ofc)... and well, Ill be waiting until the beta to decide whether Ill be buying it or not. Ive never played a Battlefield game before, but I hope V will be my first :) It just depends on the gameplay mechanics and things and whether I enjoy it - if so, Ill definitely buy/preorder :) I have SOME experience with shooters (Ive been playing Battlefront II since November, and Ive tried a few others also), but I suspect not as much as many others will have. I prefer RPGs tbh :)

Im a huge supporter of the customization options Ive seen so far. Unlike some people, I understand that women had a role to play in WWII, there were female snipers; women who took up arms to defend their homes; SOE's like Nancy Wake (who, iirc, once killed a **** with her bare hands). They weren't common at all, but they did exist, and Im happy that the game is giving players a choice about how they want their characters to look. I don't think it would be right for DICE to kinda limit the options that players have, especially excluding an entire group when there were women who had a role in the war.

I also think EA/DICE's reaction so far to the backlash that their design decisions have faced is worth commending. It was really nice to see the developers standing up against toxicity and promoting a game that gives options and is enjoyable for everyone :)

I was a little disappointed to see that they had reduced the screen-time of the customization options and things in the Gamescom trailer to a few blink-and-you-miss-it shots of the female soldiers. I hope that wont translate into the game itself. As I said in my disclaimer, Im playing Battlefront II atm and one thing that annoys me is the way that, for the most part, the only female characters in the game are snipers and aerials (the weakest class and the weakest reinforcement respectively). I hope that it won't be that way in Battlefield V, and I hope that players will have the opportunity to customize soldiers of every class to look the way they want - including gender.

Character customization, creators, and things like that... they help me to get invested into a game. The customization options were a big part of what first caught my attention about Battlefield V, and I hope they wont disappoint, or be affected by the toxicity that some people have been throwing around. I wouldn't say my purchase of the game is 100% dependant on good customization options, but maybe 90%... I really like customizing characters, and Im really looking forward to what the beta has to offer, even though it will just be a taste :)
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    402 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GeneralXIV wrote: »
    *first and probably last comment on these forums*

Just a disclaimer: Generally speaking, Im not a fan of shooters. Often, I find the gameplay pretty meh and many communities are veerryyy toxic. That said, I think what Ive seen so far for Battlefield V is promising (not the community though ofc)... and well, Ill be waiting until the beta to decide whether Ill be buying it or not. Ive never played a Battlefield game before, but I hope V will be my first :) It just depends on the gameplay mechanics and things and whether I enjoy it - if so, Ill definitely buy/preorder :) I have SOME experience with shooters (Ive been playing Battlefront II since November, and Ive tried a few others also), but I suspect not as much as many others will have. I prefer RPGs tbh :)

Im a huge supporter of the customization options Ive seen so far. Unlike some people, I understand that women had a role to play in WWII, there were female snipers; women who took up arms to defend their homes; SOE's like Nancy Wake (who, iirc, once killed a **** with her bare hands). They weren't common at all, but they did exist, and Im happy that the game is giving players a choice about how they want their characters to look. I don't think it would be right for DICE to kinda limit the options that players have, especially excluding an entire group when there were women who had a role in the war.

I also think EA/DICE's reaction so far to the backlash that their design decisions have faced is worth commending. It was really nice to see the developers standing up against toxicity and promoting a game that gives options and is enjoyable for everyone :)

I was a little disappointed to see that they had reduced the screen-time of the customization options and things in the Gamescom trailer to a few blink-and-you-miss-it shots of the female soldiers. I hope that wont translate into the game itself. As I said in my disclaimer, Im playing Battlefront II atm and one thing that annoys me is the way that, for the most part, the only female characters in the game are snipers and aerials (the weakest class and the weakest reinforcement respectively). I hope that it won't be that way in Battlefield V, and I hope that players will have the opportunity to customize soldiers of every class to look the way they want - including gender.

Character customization, creators, and things like that... they help me to get invested into a game. The customization options were a big part of what first caught my attention about Battlefield V, and I hope they wont disappoint, or be affected by the toxicity that some people have been throwing around. I wouldn't say my purchase of the game is 100% dependant on good customization options, but maybe 90%... I really like customizing characters, and Im really looking forward to what the beta has to offer, even though it will just be a taste :)

They reduced character customisation shown in trailer in order to appeal historical accuracy brigade. It's shame if they waters down potential build around customisation due to backlash. I don't play role-playing games but have to say that Battlefield is FPS-RPG for me in sense of it having character classes which I like in FPS environment. Archetype system will maximize that role-playing enjoyment for me if it's done well.

And welcome aboard, you may find useful tips here on forums if you want to improve in FPS genre.