List your i7-2600k setup

KoalaKooked
48 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Initially I stuck with a EVGA 1060 GTX SSC 6GB because I heard the 2600k would be bottlenecked with a 1070 or 1080, but seeing more YouTube videos where this isn’t the case. So I wanted to see from all you with 2600k systems. What is your rig setup and performance?

CPU OC to:
Motherboard/voltage:
RAM /speed:
Graphics card:
FPS:
BF1 graphic settings:

Currently I’m doing:
4.5 GHz (Corsair AIO cooled)
MSI P67A-G43 B3
1.34 vcore
16 GB 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance
1060 GTX SSC 6GB
70-95 FPS on full ultra, 80-120 low with terrain and another on Ultra.

Is it worth for me to use the EVGA step up program to get a 1070 or 1080 while on 2600k? Do I need to overclock to 4.6-4.8Ghz?

I plan on upgrading to 144hz monitor shortly so I’m looking to get the most or of the current rig. Any other advice on performance boost is helpful. My RAM recommends 1.5v 1600hz, so shouldn’t need to overclock that further even though motherboard can take it.

Thanks all

Comments

• Bacardiiiiiiiiii
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2018
    Here mine...
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/126kZpPauderTTkuGfbAhGhQg4tQ855FR

*edit
    small differences with old bios screenshot and current setting.
    I use Turbo Ratio 45, not 40

In CPU settings, I use CPU Voltage -> Manual -> CPU Voltage Manual -> Auto. I let machine do voltages.
    I use EPU setting -> Max Power Saving mode. But I have disable all CPU C states.
    I disabled iGPU, this is first version of Intel Processor Graphic Display. Useless thing.

DDR3 sticks installed in slot 2 and slot 4, recommended by MB Manual.My old YT video

• KoalaKooked
    48 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Here mine...
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/126kZpPauderTTkuGfbAhGhQg4tQ855FR

*edit
    small differences with old bios screenshot and current setting.
    I use Turbo Ratio 45, not 40

In CPU settings, I use CPU Voltage -> Manual -> CPU Voltage Manual -> Auto. I let machine do voltages.
    I use EPU setting -> Max Power Saving mode. But I have disable all CPU C states.
    I disabled iGPU, this is first version of Intel Processor Graphic Display. Useless thing.

DDR3 sticks installed in slot 2 and slot 4, recommended by MB Manual.My old YT video

Thanks for the feedback. What ingame graphic settings did you use there, Ultra? I was wondering why your FPS was around 100 but only 70% GPU usage. On all Ultra with my 1060 and uncapping my FPS, it’ll do 95-100% usage yo pull off the 70-95 FPS.

Do you have a 144hz monitor and did you see how high your FPS would go? Curious if it would max out your cpu before the GPU and the cpu be the bottle
  • Bacardiiiiiiiiii
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have capped to max fps 100. Ultra settings, DirectX 11, 1920x1080.

I have old monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz.

I can run Battlefield 1 game in solid 60 fps in 64 players server, but above that it's hard to keep fps steady.
    And seems in this game, to more fps you gain, more your CPU usage is. BF1 game is just too heavy for my CPU.

I only see reason for 144Hz monitor if you play cs:go or overwatch in 1080 resolution. But you can always change Hz in monitor.