Butron LMR... lol DICE are you serious?

«13456711
Tactical_wizzzeR
246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member


just come on DICE... first the SMG 08, now this?

Comments

  • SlugSniper
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    As a pilot myself, I haven't encountered that many, and the ones I have encountered are easily avoided by flying low.
  • trip1ex
    3535 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    DEfinitely will be OP if it catches on.

    I was wondering why my wings kept busting yesterday during a flying stint.
  • ElliotLH
    3720 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    While I'm certainly no pro pilot I do fly attack planes and fighters a lot and have zero problem with the Burton. Maybe it's more of a bomber pilot issue since they're easier to destroy?
  • b0sk1
    160 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Holy click bait title batman! This gun breaks battlefield? GTFO.
  • CS-2107
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I have yet to test it against the airship. Maybe there it could be OP, but as far as plane goes nothing is OP against them. I would even change the light Anti tank nade and maybe the Tankgewehr to a one-shot kill against the lighter planes (Fighter and Attackplane) just to reward accuracy with them.
  • von_Campenstein
    5711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Breaks? That is a strong word, pile on rather.
  • Tainttingler
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    God forbid infantry finally gets a decent answer to planes just strafing them over and over again with very few consequences. It means you might actually have to not commit to every strafing run now and actually pull away or lose your plane (the burton rarely ever blows up planes, just breaks parts mostly). The AA Rocket gun was a good idea, but it just falls far too short because it has way too many variables to make it work somewhat effectively and relying on stationary aa cannons always being up and for a pilot to fly over one is another issue entirely. Another argument I saw was "just use the aa artillery truck." Then you're a crutch to your team because you literally do one thing which is killing planes rather than giving support to your ground troops and destroying other armored vehicles.
    V2Face wrote: »
    Far from OP most players can barely hit players let alone a moving plane. If the pilot is getting lit up then he should not be flying too close to the ground. The lack of a bipod is a balancer for this weapon, git gud.

    Also, this. ^ The gun has a lot of recoil and is relatively difficult to control. Now the damage it does against the airship is another story, but it's not like it matters anyways. The airship behemoth was always a pile of hot garbage.

  • MikeManiac61
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 10
    It would've been sooo great earlier with that "shoot a plane down" long challenge came in. I frankly don't see anything wrong with it, it gives pilots (especially ones that are not challenged in the sky) a run for their money.
    Post edited by MikeManiac61 on
  • Old_man_Peli
    980 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member


    just come on DICE... first the SMG 08, now this?

    Yeah it's like they don't get it
  • ElliotLH
    3720 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    I have yet to test it against the airship. Maybe there it could be OP, but as far as plane goes nothing is OP against them. I would even change the light Anti tank nade and maybe the Tankgewehr to a one-shot kill against the lighter planes (Fighter and Attackplane) just to reward accuracy with them.

    It's not bad and can net you some decent points, but it'd take a while to kill solo ;) . If you focus on the gondolas and engines they explode fairly quick.
  • CS-2107
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    I have yet to test it against the airship. Maybe there it could be OP, but as far as plane goes nothing is OP against them. I would even change the light Anti tank nade and maybe the Tankgewehr to a one-shot kill against the lighter planes (Fighter and Attackplane) just to reward accuracy with them.

    It's not bad and can net you some decent points, but it'd take a while to kill solo ;) . If you focus on the gondolas and engines they explode fairly quick.

    I can kinda see that being a problem.
  • ElliotLH
    3720 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    I have yet to test it against the airship. Maybe there it could be OP, but as far as plane goes nothing is OP against them. I would even change the light Anti tank nade and maybe the Tankgewehr to a one-shot kill against the lighter planes (Fighter and Attackplane) just to reward accuracy with them.

    It's not bad and can net you some decent points, but it'd take a while to kill solo ;) . If you focus on the gondolas and engines they explode fairly quick.

    I can kinda see that being a problem.

    Depends a bit on the gunners not following the tracer, but it might be an issue against less aware passengers.
  • Fleetwood1987
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 10
    It shreds for sure but it's wild, it's basically the dogfighter gun with 5 more rounds it seems. I've managed disables but it's hard, if it had a low weight or telescopic variant you'd have a real problem.

    Edit: Don't forget to spray down light transport vehicles as it damages them too, good follow up to a limpet!
  • ronybaloney
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Much ado about nothing.
    I couldn't wait to get my hands on this gun after hearing all the pilots' tears as I hate planes and love shooting them down. What a disappointment! I can unload a whole clip of incendiaries in a plane and get 5-8 damage. Oh boy....... OP not!!
  • Clarence_6000
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Clickbait title, And gotta get past the 10+ minute mark for that extra $$$.
    I liked the old school LC, Now i can't stand him.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!