1.24 bug/problem black screen and loading wheel after round (PS4)

Comments

• ProAssassin2003
    3574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Operations is Broken for me. Won't load matches. PS4.
  • NLBartmaN
    3711 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The whole game is broken since the last patch and reduction of servers.
    Hitregistration have never been this worse.

Dice/EA have destroyed BF1 .. maybe on purpose?
  • dtdkJohnClark
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Also on PC
    same here (****):
    I7-3770K
    16GBRAM
    GTX970
  • Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have not encountered this problem personally (Xbox1) so I cannot speak from personal experience, but a member of my platoon was having this issue night after night. He tells me as of last night, going into gameplay options and turning OFF "low ping smoothing" solved his problem. Like I said, I can't test it because I've not had the issue, but putting it out here in case someone else can confirm.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BUMP.
  • CheffoBG
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have not encountered this problem personally (Xbox1) so I cannot speak from personal experience, but a member of my platoon was having this issue night after night. He tells me as of last night, going into gameplay options and turning OFF "low ping smoothing" solved his problem. Like I said, I can't test it because I've not had the issue, but putting it out here in case someone else can confirm.

I'll test this evening. I have the issue on PC almost everytime I have to change between qonquest maps. It's really damn annoying. So far I know that if the "continue" button does not appear it's gona freeze. Then task manager - kill BF1, restart origin, join platoon friends and if you are lucky enough at least you are not in the queue. If not ... PLEASE FIX THIS ALREADY!

P.S. I have reinstalled windows 10, and reainstalled BF1 twice - the bug is coming back everytime no matter what I do.
  • disposalist
    8684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm getting this after almost every round. Black loading screen with the circling progress indicator working away forever.
  • LumoColor
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 2018
    CheffoBG wrote: »
    turning OFF "low ping smoothing" solved his problem.
    I'll test this evening..
    Save yourself the trouble, changing net smoothing (or any other setting), deleting config, switching tabs, dancing on one leg whilst its in window mode and the wind is blowing north All FAKE FIXES That MAKE NO DIFFERENCE-The black screen lockup on ANY MAP CHANGE is a BUG that impacts players RANDOMLY introduced by June Patch - EA/DICE Need to get the finger out and provide a fix as its pathetic that this has been happening for last 2 weeks.

Post edited by LumoColor on
  • abc1434286920
    447 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not sure if it's from my side but I am lately experiencing also a lot of sudden one bullet deaths or extreme lag. Ping is the same (but obviously not the only defining factor).
    The ever loading black screen has happened a number of times but not consistently.
  • MakColin
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Fix tha **** problem ****
  • soringeorge34
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    After the round (Conquest mode) and once the timer counts down (zero), I only see a black screen with the wheel spinning and it never loads. Also, If I try to quit, I can't quit, it gets stuck on quitting. I'm on PS4, anyone else having this problem?.

I have the same problem also !
  • Chrom3Xenon
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I am getting this as well on the PC version. Started with one of the recent updates in June 2018.
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder if there’s something that induces this phenomenon for people affected. I’m not experiencing it at all.
  • LCMaximus
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Same situation here. I've tried deleting, installing, and nothing. All the same. Fix it fast...
  • KidDuKnott
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I can press the outline button to leave the end of round screen and load into the next game just fine. Problem is, the options button on the screen displays sheet 20 seconds of it shows up at all.
  • X_justhaze_X
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sadly Dice/EA will do the same thing to BattleFailed Virgin. Run good for 4 months then servers will go to **** and all good guns will get nerfed.
  • NLBartmaN
    3711 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone else noticed there are very few servers with at least 50 players on it left?

Yesterday evening I only saw 6 servers in total with Conquest Amiens and Argonne together with filter at least 50 players and EU ..

Or is the also caused by the last patch?
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    So its not just me!

After one Round finished i quit back to the Menu and the crap started. Music just plays a few secounds of a song, stops and then comes a new one. Backround picture changes every 2-3 Seconds including loading wheel in the corner. My Singleplayer shows me Zero war stories finished, zero codecs and so on. I don't get acces to Operations Menu. If i click on Operations it goes in but after one second i get the globe and black screen including loading and i am back in the normal Menu. I deinstalled the Game now and loading all Patches again. I hope it helps.

Everyone has similar issues?

Is Dice working on it or will they let it like that?
  • 5nnuggles
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Would so love to play more than one round at a time, this is so frustrating. CTRL-ALT-DEL after every round...
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Now its even worst because i can't Join a Match anymore!

The map is loading and loading and i hear the PS4 working but nothing happens.