This 4 man squad deal will ruin this game.

xLordVaderx12345
253 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
What happens to us with 6 or so friends we like to gather up with and play bf as a squad? You encourage and build a game around team work and then make it where you can't keep your friends together with squads of 4 and team balancing.

Why not 6? We get an even number is squads and friends can play together in groups. If not you better have servers set aside that have auto rotation turned off for large groups to play together.

Comments

• xLordVaderx12345
    I regularly play with 6. One of us has to team hop or more. 4 guys together is nothing. This is a game made for large clans of guys and no way for them to play together. Bit absurd.
  • TEKNOCODE
    8391 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 9
    Four would be better for a six man group.

4+2 vs 5+1
  • warslag
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

4+2 vs 5+1

There are groups of squads?
  • von_Campenstein
    5379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 10
    Yes that's the thing that will ruin it, not the more tangiable things like class balance, team balance, server availability and stability, it's the size of the squads.

Also they are hence forth refered to as quads.
  • TEKNOCODE
    8391 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    warslag wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

4+2 vs 5+1

There are groups of squads?
    Nice.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4339 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So because it inconveniences you slighty the entire game is ruined for everyone.... sure....
  • xLordVaderx12345
    edited July 10
    So because it inconveniences you slighty the entire game is ruined for everyone.... sure....

No it inconveniences everyone whom plays with a team and I assure you that's a lot of people. Notice that severs with clan tags and there's a whole clan of guys renting the server. Only 4 can play together. That's ignorant. Wtf is the entire point of platoons if you can run 4 guys? 6 man squads would be ideal.
  • Imabaka70
    2059 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I regularly plan with 4-8 people. If 6 is on we split the squads 3 and 3
  • xLordVaderx12345
    Imabaka70 wrote: »

Problem with that is auto balancing splits you up at match end. I usually on bf4 or bf1 leave the squad and let everyone else in and I team hop at the match start as I got an ssd drive and get in fasr.

Look at platoons. There's platoons with dozens and of members and 4 can play together in the next game. That is stupid. It could easily be solved by having public servers that don't have auto balancing just for platoons. Would be much better competition too than randoms.
  • Imabaka70
    2059 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Problem with that is auto balancing splits you up at match end. I usually on bf4 or bf1 leave the squad and let everyone else in and I team hop at the match start as I got an ssd drive and get in fasr.

Look at platoons. There's platoons with dozens and of members and 4 can play together in the next game. That is stupid. It could easily be solved by having public servers that don't have auto balancing just for platoons. Would be much better competition too than randoms.

Usually in bf1 if we are all in the same party it keeps us together.

Though some of the most fun matches I’ve had is when it splits us apart on different teams. Especially when we are still in the same voice party.
  • von_Campenstein
    5379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

No it inconveniences everyone whom plays with a team and I assure you that's a lot of people. Notice that severs with clan tags and there's a whole clan of guys renting the server. Only 4 can play together. That's ignorant. Wtf is the entire point of platoons if you can run 4 guys? 6 man squads would be ideal.

What is the problem here? Split into 2 groups of 3 with 1 random in each, what better recruitment process could there be?
  • trip1ex
    3427 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 10

Yep call them Pub Stomp servers for those that want to stomp and be stomped.

The rest of us can play on the Balanced servers.
  • Hortey
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    buy your own server and turn auto balancing off. It balances the teams to promote fair play so one side doesn't get smashed constantly, if you want to stack you will have to pay.

I regularly played with 6 to 10 people in bf3 and bf4 so I do understand the struggle, it's just what it is. Focus on playing with your fireteam and let whatever else happens happen. I have a lot of my old clanmates tags, and they have a mountain of mine.
  • KarmaKinetic
    1062 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I dont care about the number, just curious about what made them switch squad size to 4 instead of 5, I dont see any compelling reason
  • Zviko0
    817 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Less is better imo. You have to be more careful to ensure your squad mates can respawn. Having 6 or even more people in 1 squad could create never ending fights at one objective with all the respawning all the time.
  • moosehunter1969
    824 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I dont care about the number, just curious about what made them switch squad size to 4 instead of 5, I dont see any compelling reason

Because 32 per team doesn’t divide equally by 5 so you’d always end up with a squad of 2 left over. Neither does it divide by 6.
    As you will automatically be put in a squad they can’t have it so that you may end up in a small squad and all the ranting that would bring. Thus 8 squads of 4 per side.
    It’s simple mathematics.
  • KarmaKinetic
    1062 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Because 32 per team doesn’t divide equally by 5 so you’d always end up with a squad of 2 left over. Neither does it divide by 6.
    As you will automatically be put in a squad they can’t have it so that you may end up in a small squad and all the ranting that would bring. Thus 8 squads of 4 per side.
    It’s simple mathematics.

I didn't do any mathematics, but thanks for the explanation
  • SPARTAN_12B
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 10
    What happens to us with 6 or so friends we like to gather up with and play bf as a squad? You encourage and build a game around team work and then make it where you can't keep your friends together with squads of 4 and team balancing.

Why not 6? We get an even number is squads and friends can play together in groups. If not you better have servers set aside that have auto rotation turned off for large groups to play together.

OP doesnt have BF3.....and Bf3 was siccefull....Your pretty much new and it doesnt seem like you have much of a brain crying for 6 and saying it will ruin the game if you dont get what you want. So let me break it down for you on why you cant have 6 sqaud members and how your problem can be solved

1. Having 6 players will undoutably ( as someone said before ) never get sqaud wiped as there are way to many players. Can you imagine fondong a scrub campong in a corner and 5 more people spawn on him. It will be ridiculous and the team will never get a break to really set up nor will you because there will always be a guy somewhere near the point acting as a spawn beacon. Endless fighting with no progress nobody wants that.

2. 6 players ( as somone else stated earlier ) does not fit into 32...why cant your brain proscess that. Youll have 2 people left out.

3. Pubstomping will be on the horizen every match. Randoms wont stand a chance. You think reking scrubs with your cordinated 6 man squad is going to bring balance to a game...youll empty out the server everytime and people will soon ask for a change targeting your large sqaud number because it will be to much...

4. Split your sqaud up into 3. Awww dont cry...me and my boys do it all the time if we have 6 and with the stupod auto balancer gone i n 1 ( althoigh it still shows ) we still cordinated amd rek people. We dont come on the forums and cry about something like this and say its going to ruin a game....kid take a seat....there are bigger problems in bf1 and also in bf5 possibly than you crying for a bigger sqaud...."not having 6 man is going toruin a game"......well dang make it a 7 man!......utterly stupid....the only thing that going to ruin the game is all yall kids coming on here asking for stupid stuff....
    Post edited by SPARTAN_12B on