BF1 Constantly crashes after the last update (07/05/18)

Comments

• Subversa29a
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    updating windows to 1803 does not work. all it did was break RealTek HD Audio. Still crashing after 5 minutes in game.
    Ryzen 1600 (OC) 16gb ram 1070ti
  • B3ast_1n_B3d
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 9
    For me it plays like crap lately, low ping but lagging like a ****, also the results in the game skip forward, what i see on the map is not my reality. These Dice developers who constantly mess things up need to be slapped, a few months ago everything was fine. I am 100% sure people have problems with crashing after another failed update. Not so hot on BF V all of a sudden anymore guys.
  • warslag
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 9
    Same here. Poor game performance and crashes. At least one of my friends is having a very bad time with crashes.

I've noticed players are sometimes 'invisible' a bit like they have teleported or spawned on me and then killed me and only then appeared. Sort of like the Infiltrator Elite.
  • snuggans
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i'm experiencing frequent crashing of the graphics driver
  • trip1ex
    2921 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I had some weird issues lately joining servers. I join a friend and I get in queue and then I come a minute later and I'm in the server browser again. That's happened a few times in the past week.
  • dtdkJohnClark
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    same here (****):
    I7-3770K
    16GBRAM
    GTX970
  • Kompura
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I had crashes every few minutes with weird errors like DX error, device has been removed or video driver has been stopped and started again. I tried to reinstall nvidia driver couple of times using geforce experience with no help. Then I loaded the driver separately from geforce pages and did clean install. Now I've been playing two full conquest games. Both about 20 minutes without any crashes. I just hope crashes won't happen again. Maybe I'll try operation campaign tomorrow because that has been the mode where crashes happens most and pisses me off mostly due to zero points when crashing after like 25 minutes.
  • CliverC
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I have crashes within 5 minutes of play, and not just BF1, also BF4, Alien Isolation, Project Cars, NFS Payback and more. Tried a lot of things:
    Repaired BF1 - didn't help
    cleared origin cache - didn't help
    run origin as administrator - didn't help
    checked ram - no problems
    uninstalled windows updates (KB4284835 and KB4103721) - more problems, blue screen crashes
    reinstalled windows - didn't help

At this moment, i just prefer not turning on my computer to avoid the anger and insults to EA/Dice/Microsoft.
  • Subversa29a
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I honestly can't figure out what the problem is here, everything else runs fine, and so did the game about a week ago, no updates to my drivers or windows have been installed in that time. Now it crashes constantly after a couple of minutes showing the cpu running at 100% on all but 2 threads. Something is wrong with your game.
  • SmugJunkie
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Mine is the same.

i play 1 round, at the end of the round when loading new map screen goes black with the loading circle on the right. i play with a group of 3 and this happens to all of us which is getting rather annoying as you ctrl+alt+del out the game and then have to que back up to get in. 1 round in 2hours sometimes.
    This only started happening 3days ago.
  • IKontroLfreaK
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    CliverC wrote: »
    I have crashes within 5 minutes of play, and not just BF1, also BF4, Alien Isolation, Project Cars, NFS Payback and more. Tried a lot of things:
    uninstalled windows updates (KB4284835 and KB4103721) - more problems, blue screen crashes

At this moment, i just prefer not turning on my computer to avoid the anger and insults to EA/Dice/Microsoft.

Cliver I had the exact same problem you were having not just EA games though every game i had. Ended up being a faulty Ram stick. I used windows memory diagnostics and mem86 and no errors were found. However I have a 8Gb of memory (2-4Gb sticks). Tested BF1 with just one although it was laggy i didnt crash after like 4 rounds. Tried the other 4Gb stick and crashed every 5 mins RMA'd the Ram waiting for replacement. I dont believe mem86 or the windows memory tool actually stress your memory just check for general hardware function.
  • Kompura
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I got my crashes to end by clean installing Nvidia drivers from geforce.com, not via geforce experience. There is some differences on installing.
  • VirpZZ
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    So, no word from EA/DICE about this issue ???
    I mean, that problem is has happened before, is directly related to their last patch and unlikely the comment above, this is NOT related to faulty ram.
  • IKontroLfreaK
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 11
    VirpZZ wrote: »
    I mean, that problem is has happened before, is directly related to their last patch and unlikely the comment above, this is NOT related to faulty ram.

Well in my case it was we are all getting the same fault code in event viewer which just appears to be a general fault code. Because different things are making the issue go away for different people. Whether it be windows updates, faulty hardware, or graphic driver issues

What im more curious about is the amount of AMD users that are having these problems myself included with a 2600x. I know we have some intel guys in here but the bulk of the bunch are AMD Ryzen consumers.
  • VirpZZ
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 11
    VirpZZ wrote: »

Well in my case it was we are all getting the same fault code in event viewer which just appears to be a general fault code. Because different things are making the issue go away for different people. Whether it be windows updates, faulty hardware, or graphic driver issues

What im more curious about is the amount of AMD users that are having these problems myself included with a 2600x. I know we have some intel guys in here but the bulk of the bunch are AMD Ryzen consumers.

Well, in my case this error was triggered instantly after their last patch and is restricted to BF1 as I can still do other tasks that are much more CPU/Memory heavy without a single problem. Also, if you search for that specific error + bf1 you will notice that it is not the first time a Battlefield patch is instantly screwing with the game with that exact same error which can be defined by having very random symptoms and solutions.

You update a game that was running fine. After the update the game goes bananas, crashes. Everything else works just like before= faulty hardware???

:D I guess not.

That being said and by EA history with this kind of issue, I am pretty confident is related to memory access.

It's not a new problem.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/search?adv=&search=0xc0000005&title=&author=&cat=all&tags=&discussion_d=1&discussion_poll=1&comment_c=1&group_group=1&within=1+day&date=

Even though it sometimes shows the nvidia .dll as the module that "faults", on other times may show the "bf1.exe", or even the origin.exe. But an access violation is nearly always caused by logic errors of the program in use, rather than by faulty hardware. (Although can be faulty RAM) It can also be caused by software conflicts. Asus audio drivers "hsmgr.exe" running in memory have caused this in previous frostbite games.

You can google "segmentation fault" if you want to learn about it, but basically BF1 is trying to access restricted memory addresses resulting in null pointers, and reading outside the bounds of a memory array. Windows doesn't allow this, so unless the process has a failsafe coded then Windows just crashes the program. They're very difficult problems to solve for developers, because you have to run a debugger and sometimes the errors only happen with certain memory addresses that might only happen once in a while, and sometimes only affect certain configurations, but it's highly unlikely there is anything wrong with your particular rig and it is still "a problem with the game".

You can try stress testing your system with RealBench, memtest and Prime 95 (version 26.6) to rule out hardware problems. But apart from that, it's just a case of waiting for DICE to fix.

I got the crash very rarely, although not yet had it in CTE or the new build, but I had it rarely on the Winter patch build.

Now, this post from 2017 makes alot of sense, specially if you consider how random the crash is.

"They're very difficult problems to solve for developers, because you have to run a debugger and sometimes the errors only happen with certain memory addresses that might only happen once in a while, and sometimes only affect certain configurations, but it's highly unlikely there is anything wrong with your particular rig and it is still "a problem with the game".
  • 7TonDiesel
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 12
    Fix the game! Its unplayable in its current state! Game doesn't crash, just tries to load the next map forever. I can still here my squad mates during the endless loading screen. I sent a support ticket, no response though :(
  • MeanMachine
    6014 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    The end of round issue is with QA and dice teams.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The program bf1.exe version 1.0.55.31997 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
    Process ID: 4470
    Start Time: 01d419cb9e0c4f37
    Termination Time: 4294967295
    Application Path: G:\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\bf1.exe
    Report Id: b61db6ed-9e29-4fbf-826e-ada7c8be6b15
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID
  • CliverC
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    CliverC wrote: »

Cliver I had the exact same problem you were having not just EA games though every game i had. Ended up being a faulty Ram stick. I used windows memory diagnostics and mem86 and no errors were found. However I have a 8Gb of memory (2-4Gb sticks). Tested BF1 with just one although it was laggy i didnt crash after like 4 rounds. Tried the other 4Gb stick and crashed every 5 mins RMA'd the Ram waiting for replacement. I dont believe mem86 or the windows memory tool actually stress your memory just check for general hardware function.

I tried what you said, and had (almost) the same results. Ran Windows memory diagnostic and memtest86, and not a single error. So i did the same as you did: try one stick at the time.
    Initially: 2x 8GB DDR4-2400 Dual channel (Slots 2 and 4) -> crash within 5 minutes
    then: 1x 8GB DDR4 (Slot 2) -> No crashes, but with huge FPS drops (although i just tried almost an hour of gameplay)
    then: 1x 8GB DDR4 (Slot 4) -> Same, no crashes (40 min of gameplay)

So my theory was that there was no faulty stick, but a faulty memory management. BUT, just to be sure, i tried again as originally connected (2x8GB dual channel) and had no crashes for 2hs! Not in BF1 nor BF4. And i said 2 hs because that's all the time i played.
    I have no idea what happened, or it was just a huge coincidence that windows updated and i didn't notice. If someone can imagine what happened, i would be glad to hear.

I hope this helps someone
  • trig0tron
    324 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    So many shills on these threads suggesting it is people's computers, when DICE & paying customer already KNOW this started after their update.