Yeah... I'm gonna wait until I can just grab the Peacekeeper...

13»

Comments

• The_Decapitat0r
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 11
    The scout already gets the Mars Auto which in my opinion is the best all round handgun in the game. Look at the stats on symthic; the damage, damage drop off, ADS accuracy, bullet count, reload time, ROF and in particular muzzle velocity, are all very good. And its not just me, according to Battlefield Insights it is the second most popular gun, even though it is only available to scout. https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/weapons/sidearm

The peacekeeper should stay as a special gun for people who do the easter egg, and seeing as it was only just released it will probably stay that way for a long time to come.
  • SlugSniper
    837 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 11
    I still like the idea of keeping the "Peacekeeper" with all of its stylish twirls as the EE reward while including a standard variant of the gun (simply titled the "SAA" or something like that) without the fancy tricks.
  • crabman169
    12330 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    crabman169 wrote: »
    I'd rather wait till a free version of it (hopefully without the gimmicky aninations) least I'll be able to play games and have fun instead of wanting to throw my controller through my tv because I'm waiting for my stupid Morse code to upload

Without the animations it would the best sidearm of all the times. So no, Scott, not gonna happen. but you guys could use the *snicker* Gasser or the *hmph* Bulldog. Would you like that Little Billy, using the discount Peacewalker, Huh? using them free guns sounds fun right.

I've used it from picking up friends kit (both intentionally and accudental) and honestly it's not that impressive and is the worst handgun at range plus reload. They make the free one not have the ohk headshot within 15m

Honestly I'm still gonna use my Webley over it now I have it as an all kit. Hell I'll take the No.3 revolver over it but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like an all kit revolver like the colt. M1911 is one of my favourite pistols yet I don't use it in bf1 because I want to use the others of the period.

The Gasser is locked to Assault, Bulldog to Support and Bodeo to Scout (and I only like the Gasser out of those three)

Really besides it's ohk headshot ability up to 15m all its really got going for it game wise is it ability to fan the hammer when hipfiring and if I'm being honest why not just use a semi automatic pistol that has twice the ammo capacity and quick reload?

Make the free colt a worse version because plenty would still like to use it myself included. I personally at this time don't have the time to do the EE and gameplay wise don't like the animtions.

Honestly want does it matter to you if you already have the phantom colt? You got it, the secret codexes to do and the unique dogtag (just like the phantom bow). You can still showoff you followed YouTube tutorials whilst "plebs" can use the "pleb" colt army.

I'm not saying "Dice give us the colt now"; that logic is rather rude considering the EE has only recently been solved. But sometime (maybe a week/month/on the day) before bfv launches as a last gesture of good faith (because no more support so no picking it up off a new map).

Hell why not make the crap default version of it a veterans reward. Boom. There you go; if you don't have a previous battlefield title before bf1 just pick up bf3/4 for $5 and get the that way.

I can respect the Easter egg but this elitest and entitled attitude from both sides is frankly pathetic. I'm voicing easy comprises for both sides here to satifisy both parties. Even make it so you have to only get the escalation skin for the mg1917 to unlock the crap version

I dunno but there is a real issue with people wanting the colt army but it's so far locked behind one of the most intricate Easter eggs in gaming and not everyone had the means nor time to solve it themselves let alone get others to help them. We already have people trolling Sossion, Albion and Zeebrugge matches on people trying to solve this stuff just like c4 trolls on Hanger 21
  • TheGM86
    590 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    SlugSniper wrote: »
    crabman169 wrote: »
    I'd rather wait till a free version of it (hopefully without the gimmicky aninations) least I'll be able to play games and have fun instead of wanting to throw my controller through my tv because I'm waiting for my stupid Morse code to upload

Without the animations it would the best sidearm of all the times. So no, Scott, not gonna happen. but you guys could use the *snicker* Gasser or the *hmph* Bulldog. Would you like that Little Billy, using the discount Peacewalker, Huh? using them free guns sounds fun right.

It's only the best if you're a very good shot. The greatest handgun for the greatest shooters.

It's easily outdone by the Obrez in this regard.
    5722408-8768545510-tumbl.gif
    Looks like I just caught your Obrez Bullet. Oops.
  • Loqtrall
    11159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    "The animations are just supposed to make it more "special" when if anything they're a detriment."

They are a detriment considering it's a sidearm and they hinder the ability to pull said sidearm out in a timely manner. Especially compared to other 2-hk revolvers that you can pull out without such a nuisance. I could care less about carrying it around like a primary just to see its pointless spinning animations.
  • disposalist
    7276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    "The animations are just supposed to make it more "special" when if anything they're a detriment."
    They are a detriment considering it's a sidearm and they hinder the ability to pull said sidearm out in a timely manner. Especially compared to other 2-hk revolvers that you can pull out without such a nuisance. I could care less about carrying it around like a primary just to see its pointless spinning animations.
    Having used it for a couple of service stars and the 25 headshot codex, I'll probably never use it again. It's a total pain as a secondary because you never know if there will be a lengthy animation when you swap. The reload is probably the slowest of all handguns. The damage is good, but the accuracy is bad.

It's a bit of fun. A unique reward for doing many many hours of EE hunting/solving. This crying about wanting it without doing the Easter Egg is embarrassing.
  • theONEFORCE
    2706 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

If there wasn't something hindering its ability to pull quickly it would be OP. The great thing is that you don't have to care about its pointless spinning animations because you don't have it. They saved you some time and energy doing the EE.

Here is a big space so you know that I am switching to the next part.

I really enjoy how everyone is trying to convince us that they really don't want the Peacekeeper. Its the new meme. "I don't want the Peacekeeper because its a bad gun based on the 10 seconds I used it... but Dice should give it to me for free because I don't want it SO MUCH".

• Loqtrall
    11159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If there wasn't something hindering its ability to pull quickly it would be OP. The great thing is that you don't have to care about its pointless spinning animations because you don't have it. They saved you some time and energy doing the EE.

Or they could remove the pointless animations and better balance the pistol. Last I checked, the Phantom bow was neither OP nor possessed pointless and arbitrary animations.

Lastly I never claimed to care about the animations in the first place. I care about the (hugely iconic) weapon and how it should have been a base game weapon without it's cheesy animations. That doesn't change the fact the animations are pointless flair and wouldn't been "needed" if it weren't for this weapons being attainable solely through even more pointless BS. The animations are a fitting reward for doing the EEs if you think about it.
  • theONEFORCE
    2706 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Or they could remove the pointless animations and better balance the pistol. Last I checked, the Phantom bow was neither OP nor possessed pointless and arbitrary animations.

Lastly I never claimed to care about the animations in the first place. I care about the (hugely iconic) weapon and how it should have been a base game weapon without it's cheesy animations. That doesn't change the fact the animations are pointless flair and wouldn't been "needed" if it weren't for this weapons being attainable solely through even more pointless BS. The animations are a fitting reward for doing the EEs if you think about it.

I think the animations make it cool. Gives it some personality. Besides the interesting soldier chatter, this game is a little stale when it comes to character and weapon models. It also makes sense for the weapon. It would have been out of place with any other gun.
  • andrew2evo
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Until that... PUBG for all !
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just gonna say this,
    I honestly don’t care about it. It’s gimmicky with the twirls and throws of the gun which when switching to will no doubt kill you more than help you.

If you want it the option is simple do the tedious and complicated EE or don’t and don’t need get it. I decided long ago I wouldn’t complete it and I’m ok.

It’s just like the bow from BF4 gave it for free but still was barely used because it’s gimmicky.
  • Gforce81
    3346 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Having used it for a couple of service stars and the 25 headshot codex, I'll probably never use it again. It's a total pain as a secondary because you never know if there will be a lengthy animation when you swap. The reload is probably the slowest of all handguns. The damage is good, but the accuracy is bad.

It's a bit of fun. A unique reward for doing many many hours of EE hunting/solving. This crying about wanting it without doing the Easter Egg is embarrassing.

Holy cow, longest reload?

Even longer than the Nagant on 1 shell remaining? That says a lot right there.
  • TheGM86
    590 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »

He is using Hyperbole. It does have silly reload mechanics since you have to index the cylinders when you still have rounds in it, it loads the fastest when you empty it and it's just little slower than the Bodeo, which has the fastest gate loader reload.
  • disposalist
    7276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »

He is using Hyperbole. It does have silly reload mechanics since you have to index the cylinders when you still have rounds in it, it loads the fastest when you empty it and it's just little slower than the Bodeo, which has the fastest gate loader reload.
    What I meant was it's slower than any gun I would be willing to use as a sidearm in BF1. Cool, but impractical.
  • CaptainDisease
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Probably it's way easier for me since I studied morse code with my buddy few years ago, I really am interested in getting the peacekeeper but I have no idea how.
  • Contra87
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Probably it's way easier for me since I studied morse code with my buddy few years ago, I really am interested in getting the peacekeeper but I have no idea how.

Start with “A Beginning.” That’s the most tedious one, and you’ll get lots of Morse code. Google that and you’re on your way...