It’s coming home

Turban_Legend80
4092 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
It’s coming. Footballs coming home.

Germany are out. England are looking good.
Anybody here think England, the greatest bottlers since Spurs, could actually win the World Cup?

In the spirit of all things football, here’s a recent documentary about one of our most in form players at the moment, Jesse Lingard.

Comments

• Alphazetamu
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I still can't understand how Germany could play so badly - it was as if they actively didn't want to try. Obviously the Korean side had some fight in them, and the goalkeeper made many game changing saves, but still Germany looked like they felt sorry for themselves the entire time. I've got a lot of very upset German friends right now. The rest of the world seems quite happy about it however.

England look ok, but I'm nervous that they made a lot of bad mistakes in the Panama game that a better opponent would seriously capitalise on. Although I would like to see them win as they are one of the youngest and dynamic teams, I think there's still equal or better teams in the tournament. Actually, I think France, Croatia, Sweden all look like solid rivals. I'll be controversial and say I don't think Spain and Portugal are performing all that well, even despite a few star players.
  • Ameeba37
    1714 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Smart move from England to lose to Belgium and end up on the 2nd place of the group
  • Turban_Legend80
    Ameeba37 wrote: »
    Smart move from England to lose to Belgium and end up on the 2nd place of the group

:)
  • Alphazetamu
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Time will tell...
  • Trokey66
    6086 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    To be honest, it looks like one of the most open World Cups for a long time.

England though?
  • Turban_Legend80
    Trokey66 wrote: »

England though?

It’s our best chance since 1990. But I don’t get why everybody seems to be happy about “the easier side of the draw”. We got knocked out by Iceland in the last major tournament. No games are easy.
  • Trokey66
    6086 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

England though?

It’s our best chance since 1990. But I don’t get why everybody seems to be happy about “the easier side of the draw”. We got knocked out by Iceland in the last major tournament. No games are easy.

Oh we have a chance undoubtedly, as I say, it looks like one of the most open tournaments for years.

The 'easy' side is on paper only.........
  • CRAZY_EVAN1
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    when I found out about the south Korean win over germany I thought, this has to be fixed. one day, there will be someone who will in his words reveal "a tsunami of matchfixing". Russia got pulled up for the doping just before the rio 2016 olympics, even new Zealand cricket had players who were being bribed with women and cash to fix games.

just saying, because I still think it is just too good to be true.
  • Alphazetamu
    edited July 1
    I don't know about match fixing, but Germany looked like a broken team.

I called it correctly on Spain and Portugal. I'm glad about that and also glad that Argentina is out. I never liked they style of football (ie cheating/diving/moaning)

I'm going to take a risk, and say I think England can beat Colombia, but I think they'll find it hard to go beyond the quarters, especially if they end up against Sweden.
  • MHbluey
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    a nice UK summer, a world cup, Russia beating Spain, a good draw...
    if the team treats it as a tournament (rather than a national event with all the pressure), they might do okay
  • Turban_Legend80
    I don't know about match fixing, but Germany looked like a broken team.

I called it correctly on Spain and Portugal. I'm glad about that and also glad that Argentina is out. I never liked they style of football (ie cheating/diving/moaning)

I'm going to take a risk, and say I think England can beat Colombia, but I think they'll find it hard to go beyond the quarters, especially if they end up against Sweden.

Sweden look really dodgy at the back. England should be able to score against them. I think Colombia might be a harder game than Sweden.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Germany lost the moment when Löw nominated and put Neuer as 1st goalie...
    Neuer had been injuried since oktober and havent played a game for 8 month...
    Secondly they had the Erdogan-scandal with Özil & Gündogan. Both should have been banned from the squad immediately. Politics & sports do not blend well...
    It would be the same if Kroos would have been photographed with a right-wing politic.

Overall the Germany lacked the will to perform and Löw had nominated the wrong squad.

You saw the confederations cup last year... All Young and hungry players eager to perfrom well... that was what Germany was lacking this year...

So with the exit of Germany, Spain, Portugal, Argentina it seems like the cup is cheap for sale... Even if the Croatians didn´t look too well yesterday I think it might be we´ll find the winner between Croatia, Brasil, France & Belgium.

I think the England team is too inexperienced and will break under pressure, when facing real opposition...
  • Turban_Legend80
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    Germany lost the moment when Löw nominated and put Neuer as 1st goalie...
    Neuer had been injuried since oktober and havent played a game for 8 month...
    Secondly they had the Erdogan-scandal with Özil & Gündogan. Both should have been banned from the squad immediately. Politics & sports do not blend well...
    It would be the same if Kroos would have been photographed with a right-wing politic.

Overall the Germany lacked the will to perform and Löw had nominated the wrong squad.

You saw the confederations cup last year... All Young and hungry players eager to perfrom well... that was what Germany was lacking this year...

So with the exit of Germany, Spain, Portugal, Argentina it seems like the cup is cheap for sale... Even if the Croatians didn´t look too well yesterday I think it might be we´ll find the winner between Croatia, Brasil, France & Belgium.

I think the England team is too inexperienced and will break under pressure, when facing real opposition...

I think the Joachim Low lost all hope when he stopped concentrating on football and started concentrating on...other things
  • Alphazetamu
    Actually I take back what I said - I think England can beat Sweden provided they get past Columbia.
  • Trokey66
    Do you know what, it might just becoming home after all!
  • Alphazetamu
    Best chance in 52 years indeed! I will admit I think we're not yet the strongest team, and it will be tough going forward, but I'm sure everyone in England is fantastically proud of the team.
  • Toxic_CA
    672 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Its not coming home boys
  • Ameeba37
    1714 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Game over for England. Croatia was the first proper opponent after football giants Tunisia, Panama, Colombia and Sweden.
  • Trokey66
    Toxic_CA wrote: »
    Its not coming home boys

But what a ride.....!
  • Alphazetamu
    At least among my friends, everyone is proud of what they've achieved. They're the youngest team and should have a bright future ahead.