Butron LMR... lol DICE are you serious?

Comments

• Imabaka70
    2291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    After having spent a pretty decent amount of time with the Burton now, I have to also pile on and agree that it's not OP.

Sure you can disable wings, and sometimes the engine if you get the right angle, but unless the pilot is super brave and is diving waaaay too low, they'll still be able to pull up and repair.

Its a fantastic plane deterrent, but its by no means a plane destroyer

Even if you get enough time to put a 2nd, or heck, a rare 3rd mag into the same plane, its not any significantly crazy damage. Most of the pilots seem to pull up and up and up and up into the stratosphere until its next to impossible to keep rounds on em anyways. The planes that are most at risk are the bombers and that's great since they're the ones who have needed more of a threat to their existence anyways

Now if you had 2 players working together, 1 Assault running the AA Rocket Gun, and a Support running the Burton, you might be able to do some serious headway, but that's not gonna happen in random matches.

I agree I’m loving it to ruin pilots streaks and farming. Now if I and a couple platoon mates all open fire on a plane it’s gonna go down.

But usually it’s just me and it usually disables both wings and an engine or just a wing. It’s enough to get them off bombing infantry for a bit or for me to repair a aa cannon and wait their inevitable return for revenge.
  • trip1ex
    3530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    After having spent a pretty decent amount of time with the Burton now, I have to also pile on and agree that it's not OP.

Sure you can disable wings, and sometimes the engine if you get the right angle, but unless the pilot is super brave and is diving waaaay too low, they'll still be able to pull up and repair.

Its a fantastic plane deterrent, but its by no means a plane destroyer

Even if you get enough time to put a 2nd, or heck, a rare 3rd mag into the same plane, its not any significantly crazy damage. Most of the pilots seem to pull up and up and up and up into the stratosphere until its next to impossible to keep rounds on em anyways. The planes that are most at risk are the bombers and that's great since they're the ones who have needed more of a threat to their existence anyways

Now if you had 2 players working together, 1 Assault running the AA Rocket Gun, and a Support running the Burton, you might be able to do some serious headway, but that's not gonna happen in random matches.

It's a plane destroyer. It wipes out lots of pilots and makes the rest sitting ducks for your team's pilots. You just don't get any credit for it. :)

I immediately saw the effect of using the Burton against planes. It's pretty night and day. And that was just me using it.

I can't imagine if it gets popular.
  • MikeManiac61
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 12
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Well, now Westie is saying something about it

Another reason why DICE should ignore youtubers, helium is an inert non flammable gas.....

I just wish every YTuber out there would stop saying that its OP.
    Post edited by MikeManiac61 on
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The gun isn’t OP. No way. Just another example of the “everything must be skillful and require skill” moan. Sure it can do some good damage to planes which might lead to taking planes out but it not OP.
  • StrangeLoop7
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i love killing those noobs trying to disable my plane and revealing their locations to me.
    it is even more satisfying than killing the AA guy.

the gun can disable the plane engine (the stupidest thing ever added in a game) but in the end they get no kills and they get killed by the plane anyways.

• UteUncleBarryyyy
    522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lmao @ everyone saying burton is not OP. It will obviously be patched.
  • Gforce81
    3327 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Wanna bet? DICE is done with BF1 man
  • von_Campenstein
    5699 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Anything that ruins a plane monkeys day is a good thing, too bad it's a Support gun.
  • SlugSniper
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

It isn't. And I'm a pilot.
  • UteUncleBarryyyy
    522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Where do you think the new weapon came from.
    SlugSniper wrote: »

Oh awesome, now you can post footage of yourself flying for an entire round while 3+ Burtons and other AA are present.
  • SmokeD_BabooN
    370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The gun is perfectly balanced. I am a pilot, can be countered easily. It is also much fun using it against planes.
    Probably one of the most useful tools introduced after release.
  • Imabaka70
    2291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The gun is perfectly balanced. I am a pilot, can be countered easily. It is also much fun using it against planes.

It makes most pilots have to work for their k/d instead of skillfully dropping bombs on unaware players. Lol

To any pilot main crying salty tears so me on this model plane where the big bad Burton touched you
  • SmokeD_BabooN
    370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »

It makes most pilots have to work for their k/d instead of skillfully dropping bombs on unaware players. Lol

To any pilot main crying salty tears so me on this model plane where the big bad Burton touched you

I have no problems yesterday I went 58 2 on fao with ground attack plane. I died because i roadkilled tank hunter elite and I touched with a wingtip a rock at d flag. My team was baseraped and literally were about 4 lmrs 3 aas at g e f and tank hunter against me. The single one not manned by enemy was a flag one.
  • disposalist
    7267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 12
    Where do you think the new weapon came from.
    Oh awesome, now you can post footage of yourself flying for an entire round while 3+ Burtons and other AA are present.
    In any match, no matter what weapons they are using, if there are several players attempting to bring you down, you are going to struggle as a pilot.

I've played several games now where there have been several people using the Burton fire bullets and as soon as you are aware, just like when an SAA gets manned, you know not to dive bomb in that area and you plan to avoid or take them out.

I'd rather be up against someone with a Burton than someone with an M1917 sending 250 bullets my way from 500m.

Yes, it's an added and slightly different hazard to cope with, but pilots still get big KDs and have big fun.
  • WetFishDB
    1633 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

God. Here I am, actually agreeing with you. These moments don't come around often ;)
  • UteUncleBarryyyy
    edited July 12
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

If 3+ people are going out of their way to shoot you down you are supposed to have a problem as a pilot
    In that situation it becomes near impossible for any amount of planes in the sky to take out any target without dying in seconds, it also becomes near impossible for any plane to repair, rendering planes essentially useless. There is no burton equivalent that can be spammed against tanks or inf that gives the same effortless results, so why do some of you make an exception for planes?

Here is a list of effective AA tools already available:
    - Multiple AA turrets on every map
    - AA turrets cannot be destroyed, only disabled.
    - AA turrets can reach max altitude.
    - AA trucks which are mobile AA turrets with a machine gun attached that can self repair.
    - AA rocket gun for inf
    - Tank hunter landship
    - Tank side gunners
    - LMG's shred planes to bits and have laser accuracy over huge distances.
    - Standard sniper rifle bullets do like 10 dmg per hit
    - K bullets can take out wings/tails with 1 hit.
    - Bullets from every other inf weapon were buffed to do at least some damage to most planes.
    - All plane damage against inf was already significantly nerfed to improve balance.
    - Dogfighter planes already exist and can totally cripple any other plane in seconds with secondary ammo.
    - Dogfighter planes are super accurate and can land damage from huge distances.

So remind me again how a single inf weapon with unlimited ammo that can take out the wings, tail and engine of every plane on a map in like 1 minute on top of all of that is not OP. Seriously tomorrow dice could add the Stinger from BF4 to BF1 and some of you would be like "Yep good addition, this totally makes sense, the burton was not enough, thanks dice! Herp derp-a-derp.".

edit: added inf rocket gun to list :p
    Post edited by UteUncleBarryyyy on
  • Hawxxeye
    2051 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 12
    In that situation it becomes near impossible for any amount of planes in the sky to take out any target without dying in seconds, it also becomes near impossible for any plane to repair, rendering planes essentially useless.
    As I said, when the other team goes out of its way to defend against planes tanks etc with their kit and tactic choices, it is normal to turn some areas into no fly zones.

Good fighter pilots had been able to render the sky for the other team unflyable in every Bf game. The difference now is that a team does not need to have an ace fighter to avoid being farmed. I have done a lot of kills with bombers and attack planes with the ground troops having a very hard time stopping me, a weapon like Burton was long overdue.
    There is no burton equivalent that can be spammed against tanks or inf that gives the same effortless results, so why do some of you make an exception for planes?
    Literally any fast firing weapon can effortlessly kill infantry.
    Any tank that gets in the front lines will get spammed AT grenades from so many directions that it will be rendered scrap metal in no time if the other team is not useless.
    Also take into account that a there is a much smaller window to damage a plane in relation to a tank before it is out of range where it can safely repair.