Butron LMR... lol DICE are you serious?

Comments

• UteUncleBarryyyy
    522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    In that situation it becomes near impossible for any amount of planes in the sky to take out any target without dying in seconds, it also becomes near impossible for any plane to repair, rendering planes essentially useless.
    As I said, when the other team goes out of its way to defend against planes tanks etc with their kit and tactic choices, it is normal to turn some areas into no fly zones.
    Exactly, and now the entire map can be a no fly zone. What a fantastic idea!...
    Good fighter pilots had been able to render the sky for the other team unflyable in every Bf game. The difference now is that a team does not need to have an ace fighter to avoid being farmed.
    See my list above. Also most decent fighter pilots are almost completely useless against ground targets. You cannot farm as a fighter since the darts also got nerfed into infinity, so there's no arguments to be made against burton being needed for fighter planes. None.
    I have done a lot of kills with bombers and attack planes with the ground troops having a very hard time stopping me, a weapon like Burton was long overdue.
    I bet my life nobody was making any real effort to take you out. I have about 15x flight time on you(no flexing intended), I think I would know.
    There is no burton equivalent that can be spammed against tanks or inf that gives the same effortless results, so why do some of you make an exception for planes?
    Literally any fast firing weapon can effortlessly kill infantry.
    Any tank that gets in the front lines will get spammed AT grenades from so many directions that it will be rendered scrap metal in no time if the other team is not useless.
    Also take into account that a there is a much smaller window to damage a plane in relation to a tank before it is out of range where it can safely repair.
    Sorry which inf weapon totally hampers enemy inf or tank movement for extended periods of time after someone lands only 1 or 2 bullets on you with their eyes closed from a huge distance, ensuring your death at least half the time?

Tanks can obviously attack, defend and repair themselves much more efficiently against inf compared to a plane trying to take out a field peppered with burton-equipped inf and a variety of other aa. You are delusional if you think otherwise. Tanks are always in close proximity to teammates that can defend and repair, they can also use buildings etc as cover, and they have counters like smoke and gas. None of that applies to planes vs multiple burtons or 1 burton + other aa. You can easily hit planes with the burton from hundred of meters, it takes a long time to get to a safe repair distance.
  • Hawxxeye
    2051 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 12
    See my list above. Also most decent fighter pilots are almost completely useless against ground targets. You cannot farm as a fighter since the darts also got nerfed into infinity, so there's no arguments to be made against burton being needed for fighter planes. None.
    Tell that to the guy who farmed my team with the trench fighter in a shock operation with over 40 kills and 1 death 2 days ago.
    I was the one trying to take him down with the Burton and he killed me multiple times with both his machineguns, his darts and even one roadkill when I tried to shoot at him from a parachute.

I wish I had saved the video just to show how an ace fighter is still a reaper that is hard to stop unless a team takes the threat seriously
    Sorry which inf weapon totally hampers enemy inf or tank movement for extended periods of time after someone lands only 1 or 2 bullets on you with their eyes closed from a huge distance, ensuring your death at least half the time?
    I am sorry but this is a strawman argument on your part. No weapon can hit things with the eyes closed though a bipoded LMG of any kind can do terrible things to you from long ranges as infnatry, the shock operations these days are full of defenders spamming their LMGs from prone at infantry from halfway across a sector to great effect.
    If you do not consider suppression as crippling then consider that the damage still either kills you outright or makes you an easy target for other enemies regardless.
    Also sorry to tell you but if wing damage or engine disabled alone is enough to take you down most of the time then you might not be as good as you think. I have seen plenty of pilots overcome such issues by not making steep dives towards the ground
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • TEKNOCODE
    8805 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Man, people need to stop crying OP and adapt. Nerf this, buff that. Tears.

Not every weapon and/or gadget needs to shoot peas.
  • UteUncleBarryyyy
    522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Tell that to the guy who farmed my team with the trench fighter in a shock operation with over 40 kills and 1 death 2 days ago.
    I was the one trying to take him down with the Burton and he killed me multiple times with both his machineguns, his darts and even one roadkill when I tried to shoot at him from a parachute.

I wish I had saved the video just to show how an ace fighter is still a reaper that is hard to stop unless a team takes the threat seriously
    I am sorry but this is a strawman argument on your part. No weapon can hit things with the eyes closed though a bipoded LMG of any kind can do terrible things to you from long ranges as infnatry, the shock operations these days are full of defenders spamming their LMGs from prone at infantry from halfway across a sector to great effect.
    If you do not consider suppression as crippling then consider that the damage still either kills you outright or makes you an easy target for other enemies regardless.
    If your whole team got farmed by one fighter in 2018 then they were hot garbage and it is what it is. That is not a problem that needs to be solved by adding silly OP burton weapons. No good can come from designing games around the lowest common denominator.

No, sorry inf suppression or damage are not comparable to the effects a burton has on a plane, at all. Suppression does not instantly cripple your ability to move, or heal. Inf can self heal if time allows, quickly self heal if a medic, or be healed by others, even instantly revived if you are taken down. Planes can't do any of that when you get smashed with burton fire constantly, especially when combined with anything on the list I provided. Your comparisons are terrible.
  • SlugSniper
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 12

If your whole team got farmed by one fighter in 2018 then they were hot garbage and it is what it is. That is not a problem that needs to be solved by adding silly OP burton weapons. No good can come from designing games around the lowest common denominator.

No, sorry inf suppression or damage are not comparable to the effects a burton has on a plane, at all. Suppression does not instantly cripple your ability to move, or heal. Inf can self heal if time allows, quickly self heal if a medic, or be healed by others, even instantly revived if you are taken down. Planes can't do any of that when you get smashed with burton fire constantly, especially when combined with anything on the list I provided. Your comparisons are terrible.

I crippled an Attack Plane with the LMR, and he was repaired and back again within a few seconds.

Meanwhile, I obliterated a Heavy Bomber and then some with the M1917. The LMR doesn't have the range or the sustained fire to pull that off.

Did you get a little too comfortable with strafing and start pulling up at the last second? If that's the case, slammy slammy plane-go-kablammy.

And hello, what's this?

Man, LevelCap's gettin' roasted hard for that video.
    Post edited by SlugSniper on
  • UteUncleBarryyyy
    SlugSniper wrote: »

I crippled an Attack Plane with the LMR, and he was repaired and back again within a few seconds.

Meanwhile, I obliterated a Heavy Bomber and then some with the M1917. The LMR doesn't have the range or the sustained fire to pull that off.

Did you get a little too comfortable with strafing and start pulling up at the last second? If that's the case, slammy slammy plane-go-kablammy.

And hello, what's this?

Man, LevelCap's gettin' roasted hard for that video.
    That video tries to compare the aa rocket gun to the Burton, and claims most people won't use it. People don't use the rocket because it's a slow gadget with limited ammo, the Burton is a primary unlimited ammo weapon and is already getting more use than the rocket gun by about 5:1 in my experience so far despite many people still not knowing it exists. So much for that theory.
  • Hawxxeye
    2051 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

My comparisons are not that terrible. You are just being in denial and magnify the facts out of proportion to fit your narrative.
    Almost all the teams in the game are actually mostly hot garbage with few decent people who carry the rest if you have noticed so anything that happens in these games is the norm.
    That might not satisfy you but players a lot better than me and you seem do not see things your way
  • Hawxxeye
    @LOLGotYerTags Can you please save my post that got devoured by the edit post monster?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    9320 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @LOLGotYerTags Can you please save my post that got devoured by the edit post monster?

Fixed.
  • TEKNOCODE
    8805 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

That happens when tags becomes hungry. :trollface:
  • CS-2107
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 12
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    Lmao @ everyone saying burton is not OP. It will obviously be patched.

Wanna bet? DICE is done with BF1 man
    Where do you think the new weapon came from.

It isn't. And I'm a pilot.
    Oh awesome, now you can post footage of yourself flying for an entire round while 3+ Burtons and other AA are present.

The gun isn't OP just because planes can't stay alive for entire rounds. Because basicly that would make everything OP that prevents infantry from staying alive the entire round too, right? So we need everything except for Kolibris removed and even than if a kolibri kills someone, it needs to be removed or heavily toned down too, because we can't have someone dying in a war game.
  • Imabaka70
    2291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    Gforce81 wrote: »

Wanna bet? DICE is done with BF1 man
    Where do you think the new weapon came from.

It isn't. And I'm a pilot.
    Oh awesome, now you can post footage of yourself flying for an entire round while 3+ Burtons and other AA are present.

The gun isn't OP just because planes can't stay alive for entire rounds. Because basicly that would make everything OP that prevents infantry from staying alive the entire round too, right? So we need everything except for Kolibris removed and even than if a kolibri kills someone, it needs to be removed or heavily toned down too, because we can't have someone dying in a war game.

I agree as I’ve stated before now that there is a weapon that strikes fear into pilots “skilled” one button click k/d farming. A weapon that before they know it they are badly injured or taken down. Just like they do constantly to infantry
  • SlugSniper
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    In other news... The G. 95 broke Battlefield 1

• Trokey66
    6358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why the Button LMR was needed......

Pretend pilot tears are the saltiness.
  • TEKNOCODE
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Pretend pilot tears are the saltiness.
    Everything is OP and needs a nerf. icry when idie.
  • trip1ex
    3530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 12
    Trokey66 wrote: »

No that's why..

1) Operations should be brought out to the backyard and shot.

2) you shouldn't bunch up.

3) that plane shouldn't be in Operations.

4) All of the above

Nevermind that the Burton wouldn't prevent the scenario in your video from happening .
  • Trokey66
    6358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ain't that the truth! Although the Heavy Bomber is not 'OP', just too bloody easy.....