Medic DMR with scope please dice NO !!!!

124»

Comments

• kill_yor_idols
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Give medic scopes the same crosshair blur and inaccuracy while strafing that scouts get plus scope glint. Then it would be balanced. Otherwise you're better off sniping as a medic.

How about we make all automatics preform like they do in real life and have unmanageable recoil. That way you all will be forced to use semi auto guns and semi auto modes only. I know as a Marine we shoot in semi only and we have the economy of rounds mindset, whereas you GAMERS have no real life experience handling full auto weapons or how they perform in actual combat let alone on training ranges. Its near impossible to keep recoil under full control unless in prone, behind the bipods, or propped on some sort of stable position; even then its a mess.

So stop complaining, if you dont like certain things go play literally any other FPS game out there now.

I'm fully aware of how weapons perform in real life and that US soldiers are taught to fire in semi-auto and controlled bursts. Don't make assumptions about me.

I also think the automatics in this game should have more recoil. But in regards to game balance, I do think medics with scopes should get the same treatment as scouts with scopes get.

Battelfield has always been my favorite FPS. Hence why I spend a lot of time playing it and making suggestions that I believe could improve the balance of the game. Your final comment is pretty stupid considering this was an alpha, and the entire purpose was to submit feedback and make suggestions on what you believe needs to change. In other words, if you have complaints, you're supposed to make them heard.

You don't have to agree, but you might as well not waste time replying to me unless you've got a counter argument. Such as why you think a medic and scout should be able to lay prone next to each other on the same hill 150 meters away from the objective and have pretty much the same ranged performance while the medic neither experiences crosshair blur while moving nor has any scope glint, and the scout player experiences both.

I acknowledged your acknowledgement(???) Do you also understand the role of a designated marlkman? Do you realize how bad of an idea of glint is on a medic rifle with scope? Medics push the objective more times than they do camp. Also there is a thing called suppression, learn the sticks or the mouse and aim your shots better or die by not taking cover and using sort of-"real life" tactics to fire and maneuver while resupplying their squad, make use of the core philosophy of Battlefield.
    Generally speaking now, there was only a small small minority of people who camp with the slebstater marksman or mondrgon sniper etc etc. the maps and general tone really prohibit that. Same goes with Bf4 (DMR's) If you've ever played Bf1 you'd see that its much faster paced than BF4 and Bf4 was faster paced from 3 ect ect..

This complaint of getting killed by slr marksmen, or dmr's (bf4) wasn't enough to make the community grab pitchforks and torches and set fire to dice ea studios demanding they put glint on the scopes and all that jazz before.

-Also, blurring the cross hair or having the ability to set how much blur overall on the chevron or cross hair would help my parallax vision even better. That blur effect would was something that i considered especially when going against a moving target at any range.

• von_Campenstein
    5379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Scouts don't help the team, Scouts are OP waaaaaaaah!

They’re not Op, they’re just balanced in a way that allows the lowest common denominator to be successful with them, which unfortunately allows them to be abused by those not in that category.

I disagree running and gunning is far more successful and require less skill, why is it you otherwise see a lot of Scouts bottom of the board, prone in a corner with only a handful of kills all the time?

They’re on the bottom of the board because they don’t go anywhere near flags, spot or hand out ammo and health. All they do is sit as far away from the action as they can taking pot shots and hitting a sweet spot every now and then. Not exactly tough work.

The headless chickens in the other classes are equally as unskilled but they’re at least helpful by accident. I would rather have 5 clueless assaults keeping a flag warm than 5 clueless scouts keeping a flag “watched”.

Ok they're also not getting any kills, how is that making their gameplay easy?

They get kills. Not a huge volume but they get some and then at some point they get “good” at being useless, hanging back and getting kills with little risk of getting killed.

I really don't see the problem, it is clear with the TTK patch that is how DICE intend the Scout class to play.

Yes, the 2.0 boogeyman made it so hard for the poor defenseless scouts.

It forced them to hang back and camp for the most part, not exactly what people have been asking of them but a Scout can do no right right?

Just a little bit ago I was running all over the objectives with the G95 and the bodeo and the kills were rolling in. Plenty of options available for guys that want to play up close.

Anecdotal and doesn't contradict my point about most Scouts hanging back. When I'm on a flag the experience is rather different, friendlies melt away and in rolls the smg08 horde but I'm sure you beat those off too with just a stick in close quarters.

Scouts hang back no matter what you give them, that is my point. There are plenty of viable choices in the scout class for close to medium range yet I still get one shotted by the M1903 sniper regularly. Scout/Sniper class attracts players that are too scared of up close or don’t care about up close. Giving them them one hit options from across the map with no skill required in BF1 was a mistake.

I don't see that there is with a 90% chance of fog and legions of high pingers warping the servers, the aimed shot more often than I care for miss out to the noob spam smg08 missing 2/3s of his mag spinning around for the 360 spraydown kill. Cranking up the fog alongside the TTK didn't elevate the skillceiling in this game, it just removed any incentive for Scouts who wanted to move closer to the action to do so. If some prone noob across the map nails me then I guess I was standing still too long, it happens so rarely it's not even a factor. Back to the topic at hand, giving Medics an autosniper without scope glint in BF5 pretty much makes Scout a redundant class.
  • Sixclicks
    3696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 11
    Give medic scopes the same crosshair blur and inaccuracy while strafing that scouts get plus scope glint. Then it would be balanced. Otherwise you're better off sniping as a medic.

How about we make all automatics preform like they do in real life and have unmanageable recoil. That way you all will be forced to use semi auto guns and semi auto modes only. I know as a Marine we shoot in semi only and we have the economy of rounds mindset, whereas you GAMERS have no real life experience handling full auto weapons or how they perform in actual combat let alone on training ranges. Its near impossible to keep recoil under full control unless in prone, behind the bipods, or propped on some sort of stable position; even then its a mess.

So stop complaining, if you dont like certain things go play literally any other FPS game out there now.

I'm fully aware of how weapons perform in real life and that US soldiers are taught to fire in semi-auto and controlled bursts. Don't make assumptions about me.

I also think the automatics in this game should have more recoil. But in regards to game balance, I do think medics with scopes should get the same treatment as scouts with scopes get.

Battelfield has always been my favorite FPS. Hence why I spend a lot of time playing it and making suggestions that I believe could improve the balance of the game. Your final comment is pretty stupid considering this was an alpha, and the entire purpose was to submit feedback and make suggestions on what you believe needs to change. In other words, if you have complaints, you're supposed to make them heard.

You don't have to agree, but you might as well not waste time replying to me unless you've got a counter argument. Such as why you think a medic and scout should be able to lay prone next to each other on the same hill 150 meters away from the objective and have pretty much the same ranged performance while the medic neither experiences crosshair blur while moving nor has any scope glint, and the scout player experiences both.

I acknowledged your acknowledgement(???) Do you also understand the role of a designated marlkman? Do you realize how bad of an idea of glint is on a medic rifle with scope? Medics push the objective more times than they do camp. Also there is a thing called suppression, learn the sticks or the mouse and aim your shots better or die by not taking cover and using sort of-"real life" tactics to fire and maneuver while resupplying their squad, make use of the core philosophy of Battlefield.
    Generally speaking now, there was only a small small minority of people who camp with the slebstater marksman or mondrgon sniper etc etc. the maps and general tone really prohibit that. Same goes with Bf4 (DMR's) If you've ever played Bf1 you'd see that its much faster paced than BF4 and Bf4 was faster paced from 3 ect ect..

This complaint of getting killed by slr marksmen, or dmr's (bf4) wasn't enough to make the community grab pitchforks and torches and set fire to dice ea studios demanding they put glint on the scopes and all that jazz before.

-Also, blurring the cross hair or having the ability to set how much blur overall on the chevron or cross hair would help my parallax vision even better. That blur effect would was something that i considered especially when going against a moving target at any range.

Medics do often push objectives more than scouts, but there are scouts who try to as well - such as myself. But it doesn't matter if I'm pushing the objective or not, I still give off glint regardless of my distance from the enemy. I'd personally prefer if glint only affected scouts camping at long ranges from their targets and medics doing the same as well. That seems pretty balanced to me.

Crosshair blur only occurs when you're strafing while ADS with a scoped bolt action rifle. It's purpose is to indicate to you that your shot will not be accurate unless you stop moving. This does not affect scoped medic weapons. You can strafe and still remain 100% accurate with no crosshair blur. Why should only scouts be affected by inaccuracy while moving?

As for community complaints, BF players have been complaining about snipers throughout the entire history of the series. It doesn't matter how weak or strong they were in each title. There were also plenty of complaints about DMRs in BF4 as I recall.

In BF1 I actually camped and sniped with the RSC once it became a two hit kill to any part of the body out to 70 meters. But as to why not many players camped and sniped with the Selb Marksman or Mondragon Sniper - SLRs had random spread at long ranges. They weren't perfectly accurate like they are in BFV. You could place your crosshair directly on an enemy's head (compensating for bullet drop) at 150 meters and still miss because your shot randomly went off target by a few degrees. Bolt action rifles thus had the advantage in such a case because they were always 100% accurate as long as you stood still while taking the shot. There was no random deviation. This is what gave bolt action rifles in BF1 a distinct advantage against the more rapid firing SLRs at long ranges.

That's no longer the case in BFV. They're just as accurate as any bolt action rifle. So it's completely viable to camp and snipe with them. As far as I can tell while using the Gewehr 43, I didn't have to compensate for any significant bullet drop at all.

As for suppression in BFV, it no longer affects your accuracy or causes weapon sway. It's completely visual now. It just blurs the outer edges of your screen. You still remain perfectly accurate while suppressed, so there's really no reason to take cover unless you're being hit. Even if you are hit, you can still automatically regenerate 40 health.

While suppression in BF1 oftentimes felt cheesy since it artificially reduced your weapon's accuracy, it was at least effective. Taking suppressive fire from an LMG usually forced me into cover since I could not return fire accurately while being suppressed. Which I also took advantage of frequently while playing support. Enemy players got your squad who's trying to push the objective pinned? Lay down some suppressive LMG fire over their heads to throw off their accuracy and force many of them to take cover so that your squad has a better chance at moving up.
  • DingoKillr
    2720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

For the record, admin did grab torches.
    If DMR where not a issue in BF4 why did every server in Hong Kong or Singapore restrict both DMR and Rifles to a combined 3.

AR and DMR in BF3 had glint as any scope above x4 did.

Only rifles in BF4 could mount scopes greater than x4 of cause they the only class with glint.

BF1 scopes are limited now any scoped rifle has glint so why does not every SLR or LMG? What is the difference. Anecdotal evidence tells me the Browning M1917 is more a threat at range.

BFV appears to be heading to where rifles will have glint at any range or magnification while the Semi-Auto and Assault rifles will have access to the same scopes without any restriction. Yer that is not balanced.

• DingoKillr
    2720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Scouts don't help the team, Scouts are OP waaaaaaaah!

They’re not Op, they’re just balanced in a way that allows the lowest common denominator to be successful with them, which unfortunately allows them to be abused by those not in that category.

I disagree running and gunning is far more successful and require less skill, why is it you otherwise see a lot of Scouts bottom of the board, prone in a corner with only a handful of kills all the time?

They’re on the bottom of the board because they don’t go anywhere near flags, spot or hand out ammo and health. All they do is sit as far away from the action as they can taking pot shots and hitting a sweet spot every now and then. Not exactly tough work.

The headless chickens in the other classes are equally as unskilled but they’re at least helpful by accident. I would rather have 5 clueless assaults keeping a flag warm than 5 clueless scouts keeping a flag “watched”.

Ok they're also not getting any kills, how is that making their gameplay easy?

They get kills. Not a huge volume but they get some and then at some point they get “good” at being useless, hanging back and getting kills with little risk of getting killed.

I really don't see the problem, it is clear with the TTK patch that is how DICE intend the Scout class to play.

Yes, the 2.0 boogeyman made it so hard for the poor defenseless scouts.

It forced them to hang back and camp for the most part, not exactly what people have been asking of them but a Scout can do no right right?

Just a little bit ago I was running all over the objectives with the G95 and the bodeo and the kills were rolling in. Plenty of options available for guys that want to play up close.

I run with M1916 marksman I do alright from range it is easy enough to kill across the Rapture River.
  • Lykosia
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Other classes need long range options too. Otherwise all we'll see on large open maps are recons.
  • staRS-SirBob
    1892 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Garand M1 with scope and no recoil. That's gonna be fun :wink:
  • M1ck3y-XIX-
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

yeah casual player will be happy and leave cod for that !!
  • Sixclicks
    3696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 11

The Gewehr 43 didn't really have much recoil, so I can kind of expect that unless they change it.

Here's the uncontrolled recoil of the Gewehr 43 while firing rapidly:

It's very easy to control.

It had the least overall recoil per mag of any weapon in the game. It's also entirely vertical recoil.
  • M1ck3y-XIX-
    medic just need pm
  • MLDBubbles2143
    635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Can't agree more. Scopes should stay with only the scout class.
  • WR4ITH66
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 12
    i only play as a medic 95% time in all bf games, but in bf1 its the only class i never ranked to 50 and thats because of no scope. think if you saying no tele scope like 4 times then i would like a 2 times or a 1x custom red dot or somthing like that, the medic 9 times out of 10 runs into the battlefield without a gun, hold on i am thinking Hacksaw Ridge lol. No to my point please give me another kind of scope much smaller.
  • M1ck3y-XIX-
    edited July 12
    bf1 no scope ?? in bf1 medic have scope dude ^^
  • theONEFORCE
    2644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    WR4ITH66 wrote: »
    i only play as a medic 95% time in all bf games, but in bf1 its the only class i never ranked to 50 and thats because of no scope. think if you saying no tele scope like 4 times then i would like a 2 times or a 1x custom red dot or somthing like that, the medic 9 times out of 10 runs into the battlefield without a gun, hold on i am thinking Hacksaw Ridge lol. No to my point please give me another kind of scope much smaller.

What da f you talking about? BF1 has a few scoped medic rifles.
  • BetaFief
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would still prefer:

Medic(or a rifleman, or whatever): Scopeless Semi-Auto-Rifles and scopeless Bolt-actions.

Sniper/Scout/whatever: Scoped Semi-Auto-Rifles and Scoped Bolt-Actions.

Regardless I wish there were more than 4 classes so some of the roles like "Close Range scout"/"infiltrator" could be offloaded to a "Commando"-Class and some of the additional gadgets that the medic usually get's assigned could be offloaded to a "Rifleman"-class (thus ensuring that the Medic is always a "Medic" and not merely carrying rifle-grenades/grenade-launcher)..
  • bran1986
    4015 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    BetaFief wrote: »
    I would still prefer:

Medic(or a rifleman, or whatever): Scopeless Semi-Auto-Rifles and scopeless Bolt-actions.

Sniper/Scout/whatever: Scoped Semi-Auto-Rifles and Scoped Bolt-Actions.

Regardless I wish there were more than 4 classes so some of the roles like "Close Range scout"/"infiltrator" could be offloaded to a "Commando"-Class and some of the additional gadgets that the medic usually get's assigned could be offloaded to a "Rifleman"-class (thus ensuring that the Medic is always a "Medic" and not merely carrying rifle-grenades/grenade-launcher)..

This is what is happening with the archetype system. Each class is going to have sub classes with different weaponry and gadgets. Like the scout class has a a "paratrooper" sub class that gets silenced sub machine guns, I would almost guarantee they will have a sub class that allows semi auto rifles.
  • GrizzGolf
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Any word on what the other medic guns are?
  • bran1986
    4015 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »

No clue, although in the Alpha files there was a "Volkssturmgewehr" not sure if it was a semi automatic or automatic variant.
  • von_Campenstein
    5379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

The obvious others would be the scoped Garand M1 possibly the Garand Carbine.
  • Sixclicks
    edited July 13
    bran1986 wrote: »

No clue, although in the Alpha files there was a "Volkssturmgewehr" not sure if it was a semi automatic or automatic variant.

It's a semi-auto pistol/assault rifle hybrid short barrel rifle that fires the same round as the STG 44. Although it depends on if it's the earlier model or later model. If it's an early model Volkssturmgewehr then it'll be bolt action.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkssturmgewehr

I assume it'll perform similar to a trench carbine type of primary with a little more range. Its accuracy IRL at 100 meters was pretty bad, so I assume in BFV where there's no random spread that it will just be limited in damage at range.

Some later variants had selective fire (semi or auto).