Can't find any games on PC?

Hero9012
4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I have BF1 on PS4 and PC. When I first got the game on PC I could get into games no problem. Now when I try playing I cannot find any games to play? It puts me in new games by myself, even on the server browser I can only find a handful of full servers. When I play on the PS4 though I can get into full games no problem. My internet is obviously the same, am I missing something?

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    9320 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Reset the server browser filter.
  • 5nnuggles
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    try resetting the server filter, or go in and check that your filter isnt set to something causing the 0 results or empty servers
  • sjankis630
    24 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Question. I am assuming that you are not just picking the put me in random game and are using the server browser which would show you how many people are in the server.
    When I first started playing this game i would let it put me in whatever sever and it seemed ok . Now unless i use server browser it always puts me in a server by myself or one with me and 2 other people.
    I wait around for about a minute and a half while some fool flys crazy in the plane and the quit.
    Even with the server browser there are only about 7 servers I can reach here on the east coast which have actual games and all are full with 4-8 waiting in queue.
  • Hero9012
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    sjankis630 wrote: »
    Question. I am assuming that you are not just picking the put me in random game and are using the server browser which would show you how many people are in the server.
    When I first started playing this game i would let it put me in whatever sever and it seemed ok . Now unless i use server browser it always puts me in a server by myself or one with me and 2 other people.
    I wait around for about a minute and a half while some fool flys crazy in the plane and the quit.
    Even with the server browser there are only about 7 servers I can reach here on the east coast which have actual games and all are full with 4-8 waiting in queue.

You are correct, so I'm not the only one. Why is the population so low?
  • DigitalHype
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 12
    Hero9012 wrote: »

EU/APAC begin the matchmaking cycle (due to timezones). They end up getting most of the EU servers seeded and full.

Then North America players start to trickle in on the US East Coast first. And, there simply are not enough simultaneous PC players in the early hours to get any of the Official US-East/US-West servers going via matchmaking.

Those early US players either end up joining the EU-region servers, or use server browser to join unofficial RSP-hosted clan servers in US. Several of those clan servers have members seeding them, and they are on favorite lists. So they fill.

Then as more of US starts playing (still not a large #) they use the server browser, and end up joining into deep wait queues on the limited number of servers with players on them.

There are no longer enough simultaneous PC playeres in North America for matchmaking to work effectively. And, rather than get stuck (or join) an empty server and start seeding it. The handful of PC players end up all queueing in already active servers.

So, now we end up with 20 or so US servers during prime time, all with 4-9 players queued up in them.

Post edited by DigitalHype on
  • BigF33t_13
    6405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

It's a filter issue. There was quite a few full server (east coast US). Make sure your filters are showing full servers. You may have to wait in queue, but the servers are there.
  • -Antares65z
    1219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 12
    One of the biggest mistake players make with the filters is by checking All under Free Slots. This setting displays empty servers and being that the browser is designed to show only 100 servers, many of the populated servers end up getting hidden. In the Free Slots filters, make sure everything is checked accept All and Spectator.
  • snuggans
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 12
    I have BF1 on PS4 and PC. When I first got the game on PC I could get into games no problem. Now when I try playing I cannot find any games to play? It puts me in new games by myself, even on the server browser I can only find a handful of full servers. When I play on the PS4 though I can get into full games no problem. My internet is obviously the same, am I missing something?

this is normal. the game has gradually died off

it's only a filter issue if you're not seeing any servers at all. it's not a filter issue to see anywhere from 12 to 20 fully populated servers even during primetime
  • soupy48
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 13
    I play east coast (US) and see plenty of servers to play. Like it was said before, it's how you set your filters. Daytime is slower, but all is good in the evening. :)