Aces ps4 server is up and running

«134
mcguyva
20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Fort de vaux every second round. Come join

Comments

  • WetFishDB
    2088 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hmmm, another 'Aces'?
  • mcguyva
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    Aces aus. Pretty sure you will find that greeny made this aces platoon first then left it to other aus member when he moved and started the aces you’re in, or something along those lines.
  • WetFishDB
    2088 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mcguyva wrote: »
    Aces aus. Pretty sure you will find that greeny made this aces platoon first then left it to other aus member when he moved and started the aces you’re in, or something along those lines.

    Ahhh, you're one of the Aussie guys. Hello cousin ;)
  • WetFishDB
    2088 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Put lenient latency on and us EU guys can join and have reasonable games with you guys???
  • NLBartmaN
    3688 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is lenient latency what kills the game for low ping players?
  • mcguyva
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not on at the moment but tomorrow I will for sure.

    Sorta but if all players know what’s going on it’s fair play
  • NLBartmaN
    3688 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I prefer the good old days without any compensation.

    If you wanted to game OOR, you just had to deal with your poor connection OOR ..
    Or weren't even allowed to join because your were above the ping limit.

    No reason to kill other players game, becuse some player wants to play OOR or has a poor connection/poor home network.

    All the compensations make gaming with very low fiber connection ping a terrible experience.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1837 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mcguyva wrote: »
    Fort de vaux every second round. Come join

    ACES is somehow become a NO-NO-word here on the forums... I heard FF invited to a party once and left ACES out and invited (SB) Superhuman Beings instead :wink:
  • mcguyva
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    I prefer the good old days without any compensation.

    If you wanted to game OOR, you just had to deal with your poor connection OOR ..
    Or weren't even allowed to join because your were above the ping limit.

    No reason to kill other players game, becuse some player wants to play OOR or has a poor connection/poor home network.

    All the compensations make gaming with very low fiber connection ping a terrible experience.

    Yeah I do agree with you there. Nothing worse then being halfway through a game to have some kill your match.
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    mcguyva wrote: »
    Fort de vaux every second round. Come join

    ACES is somehow become a NO-NO-word here on the forums... I heard FF invited to a party once and left ACES out and invited (SB) Superhuman Beings instead :wink:

    Why’s that? I’m sorta newish so I don’t know much history between other platoons.
  • WetFishDB
    2088 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    Is lenient latency what kills the game for low ping players?

    I've only ever played on lenient latency servers a few times. It was in EU, so with a ping of 25 or so I was pretty much the only guy with a ping below 70. Most were between 70 and 120, but plenty much much higher. And honestly, I absolutely wrecked everyone on that server. I literally had no problems whatsoever.
  • WetFishDB
    2088 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    I prefer the good old days without any compensation.

    If you wanted to game OOR, you just had to deal with your poor connection OOR ..
    Or weren't even allowed to join because your were above the ping limit.

    No reason to kill other players game, becuse some player wants to play OOR or has a poor connection/poor home network.

    All the compensations make gaming with very low fiber connection ping a terrible experience.

    So much nonsense in one post.
    1. There were no days without lag compensation - it's always been in the game, and pretty much any other online FPS. If it wasn't in the game you'd have to guess where to aim all the time rather than aim at the person you see in your screen. What Dice changed (and mostly reverted) was the ping limit at which client side hit detection would no longer take effect.
    2. Lag compensation doesn't make it a terrible experience for players with good connections - if it did those of us with good connections who regularly do well simply wouldn't exist. Just because you don't do well has nothing to do with having a good connection or not - the issue is between the controller and the chair. Lag compensation just simply lets players aim at the person they see on their screen. That's it in a nutshell.
  • WetFishDB
    2088 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    Is lenient latency what kills the game for low ping players?

    I've only ever played on lenient latency servers a few times. It was in EU, so with a ping of 25 or so I was pretty much the only guy with a ping below 70. Most were between 70 and 120, but plenty much much higher. And honestly, I absolutely wrecked everyone on that server. I literally had no problems whatsoever.

    What I believe lenient latency does is effectively remove the ping limit for client side hit detection. It means those who would otherwise be above the ping limit no longer have to guess where to aim, making it a much more pleasant experience for those OOR players.

    It will mean slightly more hit around corners from those OOR, but means Aces both sides of the world could play and probably have a reasonable game together.
  • NLBartmaN
    3688 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    I prefer the good old days without any compensation.

    If you wanted to game OOR, you just had to deal with your poor connection OOR ..
    Or weren't even allowed to join because your were above the ping limit.

    No reason to kill other players game, becuse some player wants to play OOR or has a poor connection/poor home network.

    All the compensations make gaming with very low fiber connection ping a terrible experience.

    So much nonsense in one post.
    1. There were no days without lag compensation - it's always been in the game, and pretty much any other online FPS. If it wasn't in the game you'd have to guess where to aim all the time rather than aim at the person you see in your screen. What Dice changed (and mostly reverted) was the ping limit at which client side hit detection would no longer take effect.
    2. Lag compensation doesn't make it a terrible experience for players with good connections - if it did those of us with good connections who regularly do well simply wouldn't exist. Just because you don't do well has nothing to do with having a good connection or not - the issue is between the controller and the chair. Lag compensation just simply lets players aim at the person they see on their screen. That's it in a nutshell.

    NOT this discussion again .. RevOverDrive explained that you are in a disadvantage with very low ping with the way the netcode from BF1 works ..

    In the old days, the games that I played on PC had ping limits and people that were close the limit just bounced around and were easy targets, no compensation what so ever.

    The good part about that , was that OOR players stopped connecting because they had no chance what so ever, the way it should be.

    Get good internet/home network and stay in your Region if you want to play online, don't destroy the fun of others.
  • DonSharkito
    797 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    I prefer the good old days without any compensation.

    If you wanted to game OOR, you just had to deal with your poor connection OOR ..
    Or weren't even allowed to join because your were above the ping limit.

    No reason to kill other players game, becuse some player wants to play OOR or has a poor connection/poor home network.

    All the compensations make gaming with very low fiber connection ping a terrible experience.

    So much nonsense in one post.
    1. There were no days without lag compensation - it's always been in the game, and pretty much any other online FPS. If it wasn't in the game you'd have to guess where to aim all the time rather than aim at the person you see in your screen. What Dice changed (and mostly reverted) was the ping limit at which client side hit detection would no longer take effect.
    2. Lag compensation doesn't make it a terrible experience for players with good connections - if it did those of us with good connections who regularly do well simply wouldn't exist. Just because you don't do well has nothing to do with having a good connection or not - the issue is between the controller and the chair. Lag compensation just simply lets players aim at the person they see on their screen. That's it in a nutshell.

    NOT this discussion again .. RevOverDrive explained that you are in a disadvantage with very low ping with the way the netcode from BF1 works ..

    In the old days, the games that I played on PC had ping limits and people that were close the limit just bounced around and were easy targets, no compensation what so ever.

    The good part about that , was that OOR players stopped connecting because they had no chance what so ever, the way it should be.

    Get good internet/home network and stay in your Region if you want to play online, don't destroy the fun of others.

    Hey, you kind of introduced this discussion in here (as always).

    Look I played BF1 for >70 days (doesn't mean I am proud of it) and > 99.9% of the time I had no problem whatsoever with the netcode or lag compensation or whatever you name it. I have usually below or around 20 ping and always play in EU servers. The only times I had some wonky stuff is when I played on US or OOR servers without realising it (and it wasn't so bad) or when my line or router had some problems.

    That doesn't mean that in some particular cases hit reg and netcode may become bad, and that in some regions servers don't function properly all the time.

    But in most of the cases as Wetfish said the problem is between the screen and the chair. And it seems to me a lot of players tend to blame the game unfairly, when they should be really blaming themselves or their hardware.
  • WetFishDB
    2088 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    I prefer the good old days without any compensation.

    If you wanted to game OOR, you just had to deal with your poor connection OOR ..
    Or weren't even allowed to join because your were above the ping limit.

    No reason to kill other players game, becuse some player wants to play OOR or has a poor connection/poor home network.

    All the compensations make gaming with very low fiber connection ping a terrible experience.

    So much nonsense in one post.
    1. There were no days without lag compensation - it's always been in the game, and pretty much any other online FPS. If it wasn't in the game you'd have to guess where to aim all the time rather than aim at the person you see in your screen. What Dice changed (and mostly reverted) was the ping limit at which client side hit detection would no longer take effect.
    2. Lag compensation doesn't make it a terrible experience for players with good connections - if it did those of us with good connections who regularly do well simply wouldn't exist. Just because you don't do well has nothing to do with having a good connection or not - the issue is between the controller and the chair. Lag compensation just simply lets players aim at the person they see on their screen. That's it in a nutshell.

    NOT this discussion again .. RevOverDrive explained that you are in a disadvantage with very low ping with the way the netcode from BF1 works ..

    In the old days, the games that I played on PC had ping limits and people that were close the limit just bounced around and were easy targets, no compensation what so ever.

    The good part about that , was that OOR players stopped connecting because they had no chance what so ever, the way it should be.

    Get good internet/home network and stay in your Region if you want to play online, don't destroy the fun of others.

    Yes, 'this' again - because here you are, once again, spouting absolute nonsense and de-railing a thread trying to excuse your poor performances on having a good ping. You literally have NO idea how lag compensation works, like at all. Not one bit. Otherwise you wouldn't come up with comments about the 'good ol days before lag compensation' when it's ALWAYS been in this game and pretty much EVERY SINGLE online FPS before it.

    A ping limit is completely DIFFERENT from lag compensation. The fact you think they are the same highlights just how uneducated you are on this concept. A ping limit can do many things, typically it either prevents people from joining where their ping is over a certain value, or in BF1 case limits the point at which client side hit detection is allowed. In BF1 if you are over the ping limit you have to aim where the server thinks they are, not where you see them on your screen - which understandably makes it a pretty poor experience for those over the limit. And BF1 actually has pretty strict limits (in EU anyway), much stricter limits than BF4 for example. But hey, 'good ol' days' - right?

    And there is literally nothing that makes it exclusively an advantage for high pingers. There are pro's and con's from having a higher ping differential and nothing that makes it a 'terrible' experience for low ping players. It's your lack of ability that makes it terrible for you, nothing else. The fact that you need terrible netcode, and easy stationary targets in the 'good ol' days' says more about your inability to aim than anything else.

    What RevOverDrive explains is the 'peakers advantage'. This exists in all online FPS. To quote "Peekers Advantage applies to all latencies, but at different levels. The larger the offset between the parties involved, the larger the advantage." - essentially the bigger difference between the two players then the bigger the peeker advantage. Importantly though, it doesn't matter if the peeker is the high or low ping player though, the point is the peeker will see the enemy before the enemy sees the peeker.

    This is why people play OOR (but within ping limit) to snipe is because by them playing OOR they are only increasing the differential. And snipers tend to often play the peeking game (Shaunlake is an example of such player), and thus they get the advantage most of the time. That's fine for TDM, but for objective based modes where the player has to move around to be effective, then it is no longer exclusively their benefit.

    He does go on to talk about scenario based hit detection for high pingers when moving, but frankly given how little you understand of the basics I can't see us having a sensible conversation around more complex topics.
  • NLBartmaN
    3688 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    WetFishDB wrote: »

    Yes, 'this' again - because here you are, once again, spouting absolute nonsense and de-railing a thread trying to excuse your poor performances on having a good ping. You literally have NO idea how lag compensation works, like at all. Not one bit. Otherwise you wouldn't come up with comments about the 'good ol days before lag compensation' when it's ALWAYS been in this game and pretty much EVERY SINGLE online FPS before it.

    I have NO idea, but some one that makes games does, and he says it is the way I just wrote it down and I can tell you it totally matches my experience.
    Post edited by NLBartmaN on
  • WetFishDB
    2088 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    WetFishDB wrote: »

    Yes, 'this' again - because here you are, once again, spouting absolute nonsense and de-railing a thread trying to excuse your poor performances on having a good ping. You literally have NO idea how lag compensation works, like at all. Not one bit. Otherwise you wouldn't come up with comments about the 'good ol days before lag compensation' when it's ALWAYS been in this game and pretty much EVERY SINGLE online FPS before it.

    I have NO idea, but some one that makes games does, and he says it is the way I just wrote it down and I can tell you it totally matches my experience.

    But it doesn't surprise me you don't agree with some one that makes games for a living ..

    It’s you not understanding what you’ve read. The peekers advantage applies both ways. He literally describes the advantage from the low ping players perspective!

    Give me a direct quote where he said it’s terrible for players with low ping like you claim? Or how about the exact scenario that makes it bad for players with low ping and good for high ping?

    Here’s a random vid of me with one of the lowest pings in the server having a ‘terrible’ time. It’s random footage for a mate taken the last time I played. Hint: I’m being sarcastic. Despite me having a disadvantage by having such a low ping I somehow manage to MVP going 70-12. The highest placed player with a ping over 70 is 12th, and the few with pings over 100 much further down. How odd given they have such an advantage :confounded:

  • NLBartmaN
    3688 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

    Look I played BF1 for >70 days (doesn't mean I am proud of it) and > 99.9% of the time I had no problem whatsoever with the netcode or lag compensation or whatever you name it. I have usually below or around 20 ping and always play in EU servers. The only times I had some wonky stuff is when I played on US or OOR servers without realising it (and it wasn't so bad) or when my line or router had some problems.

    That doesn't mean that in some particular cases hit reg and netcode may become bad, and that in some regions servers don't function properly all the time.

    But in most of the cases as Wetfish said the problem is between the screen and the chair. And it seems to me a lot of players tend to blame the game unfairly, when they should be really blaming themselves or their hardware.

    I have almost played the same number of days and I can tell you, that if you have a fiber connection and prefect home network with ping aroun 5 you totally experience the effects of OOR players with ping above 100 and how the netcode from BF1 deals with this.

    RevOverDrive even calculated that my experience is totally how it should be according calculations.

    I can also tell you, when I play OOR (US west coast) wehere I have A ping between 70 and 90 my hitregistration is 10 times better, especially with fast action like dogfights.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11190 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

    Look I played BF1 for >70 days (doesn't mean I am proud of it) and > 99.9% of the time I had no problem whatsoever with the netcode or lag compensation or whatever you name it. I have usually below or around 20 ping and always play in EU servers. The only times I had some wonky stuff is when I played on US or OOR servers without realising it (and it wasn't so bad) or when my line or router had some problems.

    That doesn't mean that in some particular cases hit reg and netcode may become bad, and that in some regions servers don't function properly all the time.

    But in most of the cases as Wetfish said the problem is between the screen and the chair. And it seems to me a lot of players tend to blame the game unfairly, when they should be really blaming themselves or their hardware.

    I have almost played the same number of days and I can tell you, that if you have a fiber connection and prefect home network with ping aroun 5...
    How good is your internet’s packet loss and jitter?
  • WetFishDB
    2088 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    Here’s a video where they actually show peekers advantage and lag compensation (in BF4) from both perspectives and with different pings. If literally shows EXACTLY what I’ve described - in that peekers advantage applies to the peeker (regardless of whether they are the high or low pinger).

Sign In or Register to comment.