My Feedback On Battlefield V's Current State

Comments

  • trip1ex
    4957 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    warslag wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    warslag wrote: »


    The OP didn't say anything about how the game feels to play.

    Really then you didnt read all of OPs comments.

    For example him saying they need to tighten up airplane maneuverability.

    "How it feels to play" would indicate that the OP was saying he had played it and he said he had not played it.
    trip1ex wrote: »
    The OP can't say how the game feels to play because he didn't playy it. Hence his feedback is useless. How does he know if all these things are great additions or terrible without playing with [email protected]?!?

    Well, he didn't say he knew how it feels to play. He gave some really nice, well thought-out feedback - based on what he's seen in YouTube videos - which I'm sure the devs will appreciate.

    He would like to be involved and has shared his thoughts on the forums in a constructive way.

    Everyone is a precious snowflake and everyone gets a trophy.

    Post edited by trip1ex on
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When all us "Battlefield Veterans" collide in matches the faster TTK mess if they keep it will be front and center. And be prepared for dynamite,mines and campers just sitting at ammo stations trolling everyone in sight.

    This was the first thing I thought of when I realized how often players were going to need to visit supply stations. Gonna be troll and kill farmer city around them.
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    MigueTK wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    MigueTK wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Sure but who said it was useless to watch youtube or that youtube provides no info?

    That's not the same thing as using youtube to provide feedback on how a game plays.

    It's pretty obvious if you pay attention that the TTK seems too low even at full health, lack of compass and other things that are quite plain to see on youtube.

    !?!?!? for the 3rd or 4th time, who said youtube provides no info on a game?

    And based on the info that people saw on youtube, like the UI and other things that are clearly obvious, then others can provide constructive feedback without having played the game. You just want to be contrarian based on your last reply too, I don't know how to multiquote.

    STrawman argument.

    As I said the in the posts you keep quoting but not reading, "Who said it was useless to watch youtube or that youtube provides no info?

    That's not the same thing as using youtube to provide feedback on how a game plays."

    Next the guy is going to review the game at launch by watching a youtube video. lol. If you can't see the difference then I can't help you. If you're going to continue to try and argue a side of an argument I never made I can't help you either.

    Forum ate my reply and I'm too lazy to remake it, but something something observe analyze and interpret, something about UI and you'd have to be an idiot not to notice and other stuff that provides constructive feedback without playing.
  • trip1ex
    4957 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MigueTK wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    MigueTK wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    MigueTK wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Sure but who said it was useless to watch youtube or that youtube provides no info?

    That's not the same thing as using youtube to provide feedback on how a game plays.

    It's pretty obvious if you pay attention that the TTK seems too low even at full health, lack of compass and other things that are quite plain to see on youtube.

    !?!?!? for the 3rd or 4th time, who said youtube provides no info on a game?

    And based on the info that people saw on youtube, like the UI and other things that are clearly obvious, then others can provide constructive feedback without having played the game. You just want to be contrarian based on your last reply too, I don't know how to multiquote.

    STrawman argument.

    As I said the in the posts you keep quoting but not reading, "Who said it was useless to watch youtube or that youtube provides no info?

    That's not the same thing as using youtube to provide feedback on how a game plays."

    Next the guy is going to review the game at launch by watching a youtube video. lol. If you can't see the difference then I can't help you. If you're going to continue to try and argue a side of an argument I never made I can't help you either.

    Forum ate my reply and I'm too lazy to remake it, but something something observe analyze and interpret, something about UI and you'd have to be an idiot not to notice and other stuff that provides constructive feedback without playing.

    YOu're too lazy to read my posts too. :) Strawman argument.


  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Probably not laziness. Just lack of arguments.
  • tgryudfgyu
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    edited July 2018
    Ridiculous thread. Your feedback is useless since you haven't even played the game.
  • cweberling
    372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    UMPhreak wrote: »
    Let me start by saying that i have not personally played the Alpha, but i have watched hours of gameplay from Battlefield Streamers and Youtubers and am an experienced Battlefield Veteran player myself. There is a ton for me to be excited about in this game, first let me tell you why I feel the changes that were made with the "Attrition" system, are going to be the best for the future of this franchise.
    The biggest change coming with the "Attrition" system is Limited Ammo. Players now only spawn with around 2 magazines and get up to 3 from what i have seen, and i love this addition to the game for many reasons.

    1. Skill Gap: There are so many ways that Attrition widens the skill gap between Novice Players and Veteran Players. With the new changes made to gunplay, recoil, and suppression, TTK is very fast and not very challenging from what I've seen. With only visual suppression, players are going to be able to be much more aggressive in their gunfights. But with attrition that comes at a cost, which IMO balances out the easier gunplay. Players now have multiple decisions they have to make during the course of a single life. Which is what will define the skill gap between players and more importantly squads and teammates.

    "I can just see it now, Im down to my last magazine and kill two guys rushing into my bunker, and the third with my pistol. No ammo but i just killed an enemy with a shotgun. Grab the shotgun just in time before the next squad rushes in "SWIPED!!!" Dropped the entire enemy squad with a shotgun just in time for my teamates to reach me with some much needed ammo."
    The novice player would have never made that play they might have taken out the first 3, but never thought to check the ground for a weapon with ammo, as you can no longer take a fallen enemies entire kit only weapon.

    2. Squad Play/Teamplay: It really puts an emphasis on working together as a team. Some of my favorite moments in Battlefield games come from working together as a team and will hopefully make people better Teammates, and Battlefield players in the long run. I also love what they did by adding in the immersion of grabbing ammo/meds from a player or Cache but that should not happen while a person is trying to aim down sights. (I would like it if they added in a proper tutorial with a run through for each class which could unlock a new character skin for incentive, This could show new players and even veterans some of the changes to the new building mechanic, Flare Guns, Squad Reviving, etc. After completing each tutorial a player gets a starter skin for the class that they finished the tutorial with. This will then introduce people to the newly added COMPANY customization options for their characters.) Just an idea for any Devs who might come across this.

    3. Defensive Play. Having ammo and med caches are a great addition to the Objectives for defense. (Would like to see you be able to grab two extra mags instead of 1) Solo players may now have to take on more of a defensive role to be successful, but with the added points you get for defending objectives will still be able to make their way up the leaderboards. Holding down certain objectives will be very important to ensuring your team is fully stocked and prepared to push on to the next objective. (To counter the imbalance of Offense not having Caches in Grand Operations i would like to see the Building come into play with players able to build up their frontline with foxholes, Caches, Spawn Beacons etc. Also don't want to see Caches on huge chokepoints which would turn into grenade spam all over again.


    Out of time for now so I will just split this up into parts, and come back tomorrow to talk about some of the other feedback I have for other parts of the game. How are you guys feeling about Battlefield V's attrition mechanic so far?


    Hang on a second. Where did you hear that you only pick up their weapon and not their kit? That's an interesting bit of information.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's true, I played the alpha and you could pick up their weapon, but not their kit. You stick with whatever kit you had, but get their weapon and ammo.
  • EA_Cian
    822 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    Let's stop the personal attacks and snarky remarks. If they continue, the thread'll have to be closed. So let's keep it friendly, folks. :smile:
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Probably not laziness. Just lack of arguments.

    What about the things that you can see in a video, the most obvious of which is the lack of a compass anywhere on the minimap or HUD. OP can provide constructive feedback through observation alone. It seems like I got my own adoring fans following me, which is great I welcome constructive replies. The compass is a very important part of the HUD because it provides a very important function which I think is necessary for cohesive squad play. A compass is needed to provide effective communication to your squad, such as flag defense and marking approaching enemies for example. Instead of relying on landmarks for communication, players can use the cardinal directions instead. I constantly use the minimap directions in conjunction with the soldier voice callouts in the GOATV2 AKA BF4, hearing the callout for a sniper to the south is just one example where I use the compass.
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    MigueTK wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    MigueTK wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    MigueTK wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Sure but who said it was useless to watch youtube or that youtube provides no info?

    That's not the same thing as using youtube to provide feedback on how a game plays.

    It's pretty obvious if you pay attention that the TTK seems too low even at full health, lack of compass and other things that are quite plain to see on youtube.

    !?!?!? for the 3rd or 4th time, who said youtube provides no info on a game?

    And based on the info that people saw on youtube, like the UI and other things that are clearly obvious, then others can provide constructive feedback without having played the game. You just want to be contrarian based on your last reply too, I don't know how to multiquote.

    STrawman argument.

    As I said the in the posts you keep quoting but not reading, "Who said it was useless to watch youtube or that youtube provides no info?

    That's not the same thing as using youtube to provide feedback on how a game plays."

    Next the guy is going to review the game at launch by watching a youtube video. lol. If you can't see the difference then I can't help you. If you're going to continue to try and argue a side of an argument I never made I can't help you either.

    Forum ate my reply and I'm too lazy to remake it, but something something observe analyze and interpret, something about UI and you'd have to be an idiot not to notice and other stuff that provides constructive feedback without playing.

    YOu're too lazy to read my posts too. :) Strawman argument.


    If you can't see how OP could provide good feedback through observation alone ( compass example) and its effects on gameplay then I guess we really don't have anything else to say.
  • trip1ex
    4957 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MigueTK wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    MigueTK wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    MigueTK wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    MigueTK wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Sure but who said it was useless to watch youtube or that youtube provides no info?

    That's not the same thing as using youtube to provide feedback on how a game plays.

    It's pretty obvious if you pay attention that the TTK seems too low even at full health, lack of compass and other things that are quite plain to see on youtube.

    !?!?!? for the 3rd or 4th time, who said youtube provides no info on a game?

    And based on the info that people saw on youtube, like the UI and other things that are clearly obvious, then others can provide constructive feedback without having played the game. You just want to be contrarian based on your last reply too, I don't know how to multiquote.

    STrawman argument.

    As I said the in the posts you keep quoting but not reading, "Who said it was useless to watch youtube or that youtube provides no info?

    That's not the same thing as using youtube to provide feedback on how a game plays."

    Next the guy is going to review the game at launch by watching a youtube video. lol. If you can't see the difference then I can't help you. If you're going to continue to try and argue a side of an argument I never made I can't help you either.

    Forum ate my reply and I'm too lazy to remake it, but something something observe analyze and interpret, something about UI and you'd have to be an idiot not to notice and other stuff that provides constructive feedback without playing.

    YOu're too lazy to read my posts too. :) Strawman argument.


    If you can't see how OP could provide good feedback through observation alone ( compass example) and its effects on gameplay then I guess we really don't have anything else to say.

    strawman argument. No one said you can't get info from watching a video.

  • warslag
    1594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 2018
    trip1ex wrote: »
    strawman argument. No one said you can't get info from watching a video.

    MigueTK is not using a 'strawman argument'. You didn't say you cannot get info from a video. You insinuated the OP's feedback was worthless by saying:
    trip1ex wrote: »
    2nd hand feedback. I'm going to tell you about the what's wrong with the movie based on what my Mom told me it was like.

    You're the one using a strawman argument by refuting what MigueTK said based on something he hasn't.

    This what it says on Wikipedia about this 'strawman argument':

    "A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument which was not advanced by that opponent."

    That is exactly what you're doing trip1ex.
    Post edited by warslag on
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    warslag wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    strawman argument. No one said you can't get info from watching a video.

    MigueTK is not using a 'strawman argument'. You didn't say you cannot get info from a video. You insinuated the OP's feedback was worthless by saying:
    trip1ex wrote: »
    2nd hand feedback. I'm going to tell you about the what's wrong with the movie based on what my Mom told me it was like.

    You're the one using a strawman argument by refuting what MigueTK said based on something he hasn't.

    This what is says about this 'strawman argument':

    "A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument which was not advanced by that opponent."

    That is exactly what you're doing trip1ex.

    Hey I appreciate your post and thanks for trying to at least correct the direction of the discussion. So moving on, what do you think should be changed in BFV? I don't know how to multiquote so I'll just paste it here:"

    UMPhreak wrote: »
    3. Defensive Play. Having ammo and med caches are a great addition to the Objectives for defense. (Would like to see you be able to grab two extra mags instead of 1) Solo players may now have to take on more of a defensive role to be successful, but with the added points you get for defending objectives will still be able to make their way up the leaderboards. Holding down certain objectives will be very important to ensuring your team is fully stocked and prepared to push on to the next objective. (To counter the imbalance of Offense not having Caches in Grand Operations i would like to see the Building come into play with players able to build up their frontline with foxholes, Caches, Spawn Beacons etc. Also don't want to see Caches on huge chokepoints which would turn into grenade spam all over again.
    4.
    warslag wrote: »
    Well, this is exactly what I said in another thread about the new resupply and health pick-up system. There will be patches that will completely change the shape of the game. Not always the way you want it to be changed.

    To my mind defending in BF1 has been easier than attacking for many players. I often see teams not really even making a dent in the first sector in Operations, over their three Battalions.

    I think attacking and simply standing on capture points is where DICE could focus some attention. Bi-pods, mortars, behemoths, etc kept a lot of players from going to the objective."

    If anything DICE would like for players to hunker down and hold positions potentially increasing the problems you mentioned. What do you think they could do?
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MigueTK wrote: »
    Probably not laziness. Just lack of arguments.

    What about the things that you can see in a video, the most obvious of which is the lack of a compass anywhere on the minimap or HUD. OP can provide constructive feedback through observation alone. It seems like I got my own adoring fans following me, which is great I welcome constructive replies. The compass is a very important part of the HUD because it provides a very important function which I think is necessary for cohesive squad play. A compass is needed to provide effective communication to your squad, such as flag defense and marking approaching enemies for example. Instead of relying on landmarks for communication, players can use the cardinal directions instead. I constantly use the minimap directions in conjunction with the soldier voice callouts in the GOATV2 AKA BF4, hearing the callout for a sniper to the south is just one example where I use the compass.

    Sounds good. Doesn't work.

    In the middle of the game, no one looks at the compass. Most people won't even look at the minimap once it gives zero information - they will be too busy running around with no particular purpose.

    I have no problem if the devs want to add the compass, it will be just another useless thing in the screen between many others.
  • warslag
    1594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    MigueTK wrote: »
    If anything DICE would like for players to hunker down and hold positions potentially increasing the problems you mentioned. What do you think they could do?

    It's just my opinion and no doubt others will disagree, but I think that in previous BFs (including BF1) - attacking was easier in Rush mode but slightly harder in Conquest and much harder in Operations.

    I think that Frontlines was probably the best balanced game mode in BF1. It just lacks the feeling of scale that Operations has.

    Maybe Commander mode could be the answer especially since spotting has changed for BFV. I'm a bit surprised at the lack of a Commander when you consider how BFs 1 and V are suited to artillery. Arty was a great way of getting out of deadlock temporarily.

    It could be that something simple like 4 man squads could have a positive affect on keeping players moving around the map instead of going prone with bi-pod LMGs.

    There is also the way that players become reliant on behemoths and siege weapons. This is slightly game breaking when a player base develops the habit of wasting a battalion because it just wants a behemoth to show up.

    When there are capture points involved (Operations and Conquest), rather than telegraphs or m-coms (Rush), you have to keep players moving into the flag area. Too many distractions can ruin a match.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MigueTK wrote: »
    Probably not laziness. Just lack of arguments.

    What about the things that you can see in a video, the most obvious of which is the lack of a compass anywhere on the minimap or HUD. OP can provide constructive feedback through observation alone. It seems like I got my own adoring fans following me, which is great I welcome constructive replies. The compass is a very important part of the HUD because it provides a very important function which I think is necessary for cohesive squad play. A compass is needed to provide effective communication to your squad, such as flag defense and marking approaching enemies for example. Instead of relying on landmarks for communication, players can use the cardinal directions instead. I constantly use the minimap directions in conjunction with the soldier voice callouts in the GOATV2 AKA BF4, hearing the callout for a sniper to the south is just one example where I use the compass.

    Sounds good. Doesn't work.

    In the middle of the game, no one looks at the compass. Most people won't even look at the minimap once it gives zero information - they will be too busy running around with no particular purpose.

    I have no problem if the devs want to add the compass, it will be just another useless thing in the screen between many others.

    Cant remember the last time I used a compass in BF.
  • UMPhreak
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

    warslag wrote: »
    Well, this is exactly what I said in another thread about the new resupply and health pick-up system. There will be patches that will completely change the shape of the game. Not always the way you want it to be changed.

    To my mind defending in BF1 has been easier than attacking for many players. I often see teams not really even making a dent in the first sector in Operations, over their three Battalions.

    I think attacking and simply standing on capture points is where DICE could focus some attention. Bi-pods, mortars, behemoths, etc kept a lot of players from going to the objective."

    If anything DICE would like for players to hunker down and hold positions potentially increasing the problems you mentioned. What do you think they could do?[/quote]


    Obviously it's only my opinion, but i think that the best way to get players to hunker down and hold positions comes down to the Map Layout, and Game Modes. Both of which were greatly improved in Battlefield 1 as opposed to the past couple Battlefields that came before (BF3, BF4). Some of the best things to come from Battlefield 1, were the addition of new game modes like Operations, and Frontline. Both of these game modes really give incentive for more players to stay and defend or Push an objective and really keep that "Frontline" feel of war with non stop action. Now if your talking about a game mode like conquest thats a little tougher to say because in Battlefield 1 it had a feeling most of the time that you were always rushing toward capturing a new objective, most of the time it would be whichever is least contested. And felt like Two Giant Zergs rushing around just overwhelming the few players who happened to be on the objective. Defending on conquest just never felt like a good thing to do in Battlefield 1 because Capturing Points was everything. Bringing back things like ticket bleed for deaths will help, and maybe even increasing Squad Order Points for defending will help. One other thing that I think you are experiencing is Just bad Team Balancing. If any team is getting stopped on the first objectives for Three Battalions they are just not that good. I always liked that Battlefield gave people the option to switch teams, as it gave people the ability to get together with friends or Squad Mates but it can definitely lead to Team Balancing issues and with 32 players on a team i really don't have an answer on how that can be solved. I think Dice is definitely headed in the right direction with the Ammo/Health Caches, Fortifying Objectives, and bringing back Ticket Bleed for death. Hopefully i answered your question. Oh and "Dice Please" a Directional Compass on the Mini Map would be nice for sure.
    Cant wait for the Beta when I can give you actual feedback that matters though ;-)
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MigueTK wrote: »
    Probably not laziness. Just lack of arguments.

    What about the things that you can see in a video, the most obvious of which is the lack of a compass anywhere on the minimap or HUD. OP can provide constructive feedback through observation alone. It seems like I got my own adoring fans following me, which is great I welcome constructive replies. The compass is a very important part of the HUD because it provides a very important function which I think is necessary for cohesive squad play. A compass is needed to provide effective communication to your squad, such as flag defense and marking approaching enemies for example. Instead of relying on landmarks for communication, players can use the cardinal directions instead. I constantly use the minimap directions in conjunction with the soldier voice callouts in the GOATV2 AKA BF4, hearing the callout for a sniper to the south is just one example where I use the compass.

    Sounds good. Doesn't work.

    In the middle of the game, no one looks at the compass. Most people won't even look at the minimap once it gives zero information - they will be too busy running around with no particular purpose.

    I have no problem if the devs want to add the compass, it will be just another useless thing in the screen between many others.

    I find callouts using the directions of the compass very useful when I'm playing with my buddy on voice comms. Its just another tool to help squad play and many games employ it.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MigueTK wrote: »
    Probably not laziness. Just lack of arguments.

    What about the things that you can see in a video, the most obvious of which is the lack of a compass anywhere on the minimap or HUD. OP can provide constructive feedback through observation alone. It seems like I got my own adoring fans following me, which is great I welcome constructive replies. The compass is a very important part of the HUD because it provides a very important function which I think is necessary for cohesive squad play. A compass is needed to provide effective communication to your squad, such as flag defense and marking approaching enemies for example. Instead of relying on landmarks for communication, players can use the cardinal directions instead. I constantly use the minimap directions in conjunction with the soldier voice callouts in the GOATV2 AKA BF4, hearing the callout for a sniper to the south is just one example where I use the compass.

    Sounds good. Doesn't work.

    In the middle of the game, no one looks at the compass. Most people won't even look at the minimap once it gives zero information - they will be too busy running around with no particular purpose.

    I have no problem if the devs want to add the compass, it will be just another useless thing in the screen between many others.

    I find callouts using the directions of the compass very useful when I'm playing with my buddy on voice comms. Its just another tool to help squad play and many games employ it.

    And that's fine. As I said, practically no one will use it, though. Adding a feature that will be mostly ignored seems a waste of time.

    But, again, it wouldn't bother me if they added it.
Sign In or Register to comment.