Weekly Debrief

Does anyone from Europe play in Europe servers?

GamerHugo
23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
This is relative to BF1 PS4. I used to play solely on Europe servers (UK player) until i became aware that my above average internet speed is literally making me a bad player. And by that I mean having the lowest ping in the server makes me an easy target. And by that I mean that most my deaths are instant by any gun, and I get shot from behind cover etc. Simply put, it's like I'm playing again cheaters.

Having played in non Europe servers has made the BF1 experience much more tolerable. As in its much rarer to die instantl, and get shot when I've already taken cover.

I'm curious as to who live in Europe, what servers do you play on? Because for myself as I've said, playing in Europe servers is practically a joke.

Comments

• Mardolina
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well, I am playing on Europe servers with 19ms ping (at least it says that I have it) and I would say I don't really have problems. Sometimes you doubt that you have been killed that quickly but it is what it is. A lot of people also join the European servers from different countries outside of Europe so that's another problem.

The only thing that bothers me are people with Pro controllers (which have almost no recoil - I saw a video of a guy who posted it and he also admitted that his guns have no recoil whatsoever having also said that its normal for those controllers). I still can't believe Sony approved them.
  • dcs500
    1415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is lack of servers and their locations, even if you stick to a region, EU for example, you will be playing against people from multiple locations, to expect any sort of equal latency is unrealistic.
    I'm UK, always play in region, on the few occasions I've experimented out of region the game performs the same.
  • WetFishDB
    1989 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Given the similarity to your post in the General Chat, my PM to you covers this topic too.

In short, above average internet connection is literally not making you a bad player and doesn't make you an easy target. I'm in UK, ping of 25, and yet still get MVP in something like 25% of Conquest games.
  • shaunlake1344
    547 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I find the game to be an exercise in abject frustration playing with low ping. It's caused by Dice's incessant pandering to team players and sub-par infrastructure . First and the last time Dice will get any money from me unless by some miracle they design a game where solo players aren't meant to be cannon fodder for their pathetic medic trains.
  • Skill4Reel
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    It seems like every USA East/West sever that I've joined this morning has mostly people with over 100 PING in them. While mine is between 26 and 30. Latency is ridiculous.
  • WetFishDB
    1989 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    First and the last time Dice will get any money from me .

Glad to hear it. Perhaps we won't have quite so much of your whining that someone other than you gets revived once in a while.
  • shaunlake1344
    547 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh I'll still be playing. I'll still be here pointing out the massive design flaw in Dice's game that encourages everyone to play as a team of nurses. I'll still be laughing at said nurses when they come online to boast about their nursey prowess.

I'll just buy it second hand. If Dice want to make games where people can run around as a bunch of nurses and make the game nigh on impossible for solo players trying to use proper soldiers then I'll give my money to CEX.
  • ElliotLH
    8402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can we get a record change please?
  • WetFishDB
    Oh I'll still be playing. I'll still be here pointing out the massive design flaw in Dice's game that encourages everyone to play as a team of nurses. I'll still be laughing at said nurses when they come online to boast about their nursey prowess.

I'll just buy it second hand. If Dice want to make games where people can run around as a bunch of nurses and make the game nigh on impossible for solo players trying to use proper soldiers then I'll give my money to CEX.

My goodness. Want any cheese with all that whine? :trollface:

You can sip it your whine whilst you peek at people from the edge of the map with your l33t skillz playing with yourself.
  • dICEHOUSE
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ................. cannon fodder for their pathetic medic trains.

One decent Support prone or not with an IMG/mg14 or a decent Assault with a Hellriegel puts a stop to that. It's called squad wipe.

Please move on.
  • shaunlake1344
    I'm glad you've found a new insult but fwiw I only signed up here to winge about lag and nurses. It's the only reason I exist on this forum. I've found a solution to my imaginary lag problem that me and half the forum suffer from so now its just the nurses I've got a problem with.
  • dICEHOUSE
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm glad you've found a new insult but fwiw I only signed up here to winge about lag and nurses. It's the only reason I exist on this forum. I've found a solution to my imaginary lag problem that me and half the forum suffer from so now its just the nurses I've got a problem with.

Although you didn't quote me, I'm going to have to assume the above was in response to my previous statement. If I'm wrong, please advise.

I'm reading real hard to find the "insult" incorporated within my statement. Maybe you could help me out by exactly quoting the "insult" in which I will be more than humble to apologize about.

I'm predicting the future now....You won't be doing any of that. Why? because it is simply not true just like the ~ 500 other propaganda posts you continue to make that only make you and your little posse' followers look foolish and like liars.

FYI. Any other forum members here coming at you with rebuttal to your outlandish posts is them. I'm not their friends, in their little groupy nor do I give damn about them nor do they give a damn about me.

My point here is, really, read what you are typing. Is there really any facts involved? If so, please somewhat prove it. If you an do that, I'm sure people will listen, believe and shut their mouths.
  • WetFishDB

Wow, then you exist on the forums purely through ignorance?

You clearly don’t understand lag compensation and also don’t like people playing together - which is how the game is designed to be played.

Mental. Honestly. Those things will be in all BF1 titles, and lag compensation in all online FPS. Gonna be a miserable life for you whining about things that are for the most part exactly how they are meant to be.

Oh well, whatever floats your boat.
  • shaunlake1344
    Because it's a design flaw. Looks like they've done something to address it in BF5, but because of what happened in BF1 I'm not going to buy it off them. A small minority play in teams, most players just can't be bothered, plus you need everyone free at the same time. Hopefully in a few years time when their sales have crumbled, COD is back in action and other developers are making great games then the EA clan will remember me and my little one man stand against medic trains.
  • WetFishDB
    Because it's a design flaw. Looks like they've done something to address it in BF5, but because of what happened in BF1 I'm not going to buy it off them. A small minority play in teams, most players just can't be bothered, plus you need everyone free at the same time. Hopefully in a few years time when their sales have crumbled, COD is back in action and other developers are making great games then the EA clan will remember me and my little one man stand against medic trains.

The only flaw is in your reasoning. They designed the game to be played in a particular way. Just because you don’t want to doesn’t make it a flaw.

And being able to revive has been in BF games for a while now, it’s not exactly an oversight. And in BFV everyone can revive their squad mates and medics can revive anyone. Gonna be a whole load more ‘nurses’ for you to whine about.

And no one will remember you dude. No one will remember any of us, but least of all the guy sitting in a corner saying “it’s not fair” all the time.
  • shaunlake1344
    They are aware of what I'm saying because they've sent me messages. The forum is for saying what people like and dislike about the game. If EA clan did not want feedback on their games then the forum would not exist.

Whenever people do so you and a bunch of other posters tell them to stop whining and get good. Because the game works for you. You embrace the team element and the medic train tactics without a single thought for how this affects solo players. Dice need solo players, if they don't appeal to solo players then they don't sell many games. Battlefield 1 sales have exceeded 20 million, COD sales are down to 12 million for their last few titles from around 25-30 million at their peak.

Battlefield 1 success was in a large part down to the demise of the COD franchise. If Battlefield want to keep those players then they need to listen to them and think about them.
  • WetFishDB
    They are aware of what I'm saying because they've sent me messages. The forum is for saying what people like and dislike about the game. If EA clan did not want feedback on their games then the forum would not exist.

Whenever people do so you and a bunch of other posters tell them to stop whining and get good. Because the game works for you. You embrace the team element and the medic train tactics without a single thought for how this affects solo players. Dice need solo players, if they don't appeal to solo players then they don't sell many games. Battlefield 1 sales have exceeded 20 million, COD sales are down to 12 million for their last few titles from around 25-30 million at their peak.

Battlefield 1 success was in a large part down to the demise of the COD franchise. If Battlefield want to keep those players then they need to listen to them and think about them.

Sure the forum is about opinions, although it’s not the only source. It’s not the sole purpose of the forum either, but I’m sure it helps EA/Dice gauge sentiment and feelings towards things.

But someone constantly droning about medics (or nurses as you like to call them) because they want to play on their own isn’t really going to gain much attention. It’s a team game with team roles and has always been.

Medics reviving are the ones playing the game as intended (as are supports dishing out ammo etc). I do embrace being a medic, I like to revive my team (including solo players) and get revived myself (sometimes by players - although wish it were more often). There’s nothing wrong with that. That’s how team games work, everyone plays their role as best they can.

I personally choose to play the role I feel is most effective at any given moment. Mostly that’s medic, but if I’m spawning in and a tank is a threat then I normally swap to Assault.

Fundamentally it’s a team game and has always been designed that way. And if you don’t want to work together as a team then genuinely this game may not be quite right for you. There are loads of games for people who want to play on their own that you might find more enjoyable than one that seems to make you want to constantly post complaints about people playing the game together. I mean, is it that much fun if you feel this triggered by people doing what their class is meant to do?

Either way, you are entitled to your opinion as much as anyone, but perhaps try and restrain from de-railing every thread with it?