Anyone else excited for this game?

Comments

• B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The more footage I see the less interested I am. I honestly don't like the new attrition system or that they have pretty much removed spotting.

3d spotting is awful and should have never been in a BF game in the first place. It's removal is one of the best changes from BF1
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm pretty excited for it, I like a lot of the changes that they have planned for it. Sounds like a pretty good time from what I've seen
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Excited is the wrong word, I'm interested to see what the end product is, so zero excited, somewhat curious.
  • I-Soldat-I
    1644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm curious, not serious about BF V
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Excited is the wrong word, I'm interested to see what the end product is, so zero excited, somewhat curious.

sums up my thoughts. I like the gunplay but I'm not sure about everything else . DICE LA will probably oversee the Live service and I'm not excited for that. Seriously, the DLC content I was not a fan of. The updates, the server performance and whatnot I'm skeptical of. So we'll see.
  • YUKnowWhatItIz
    321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    Nope. Sadly Battlefield will be as Arcadey as usual. Of course people will come in saying to play Arma, but those 'people' just don't understand. End of the day it's really nothing but a bigger Cod

-The game will have no realistic recoil, everybody will run around shooting full auto

-There'll be crazy Aim Assist just like in Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, and Battlefield 1. Will it be nerfed? Of course, but it'll still be crazy. I've suggested it be removed from Hardcore at least, but I know that's not happening.

-Will there even be a Hardcore? It was released late as hell in Battlefield 1.

-And lastly the kill times will be long. Dice had just now changed the ttk in Battlefield 1, at the end of it's life cycle.
  • S1ngular1ty
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I was excited about BFV when I heard they fixed the weapon handling, made it more squad based, and removed a lot of the crutches like auto heal and auto repair. But then I remembered we still aren't going to get proper dedicated and rentable servers. We won't have a commander and probably won't have a Battlerecorder. Also, I'm kinda meh about a WWII game right after a WW1 game. What really killed my enthusiasm was the fact that it appears DICE has made BFV very infantry focused and has really removed a lot of vehicles from the game or limited their usage a lot. I for one play BF for vehicles not just infantry only game play. So because of these issues I doubt I'll be getting this game.
  • CostanzaStan
    220 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Yes, I'm excited for Red Dead Redemption 2. I'm interested in BFV. I'll wait for gameplay videos post release of the final product.
  • bran1986
    5827 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm excited and can't wait to play it, but I'm extremely worried about the live service system and battle royale leading to a paltry amount of content released post launch.
  • Dr_Nikif0r0s
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hyped mm.. yes!!!
    BUT!!!:
    If the game comes with bf1's illnesses like:
    1. absence balancer
    2. bad anticheat system
    3. poor updates of major problems
    4. absence competitive scene
    5. absence 3rd party competitors like esl.
    I will play with my teammates just like a casual game and only that.
    Unfortunately bf has change after bf4 series and without comp scene it will be remain one more casual game with core problems. I hope for the best.
  • GirlPowerNana
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yaaas already pre-ordered can't wait for the game! :3
  • I-Soldat-I
    1644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I will post order the game when it goes on sale
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    1750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I enjoyed playing it more than BF1 but not as much as BF4. It is somewhere in the middle. Vehicles are better, gunplay is better. Still miss all the helis :(
  • DogRoyal
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    I was excited about BFV when I heard they fixed the weapon handling, made it more squad based, and removed a lot of the crutches like auto heal and auto repair. But then I remembered we still aren't going to get proper dedicated and rentable servers. We won't have a commander and probably won't have a Battlerecorder. Also, I'm kinda meh about a WWII game right after a WW1 game. What really killed my enthusiasm was the fact that it appears DICE has made BFV very infantry focused and has really removed a lot of vehicles from the game or limited their usage a lot. I for one play BF for vehicles not just infantry only game play. So because of these issues I doubt I'll be getting this game.

I agree with you. I am still exited but not overly as I also worry a bit about the increased infantry focus (and -orientated maps).
    Just wondering: what do you mean about "proper dedicated and rentable servers"? I used the server rental feature in BF1 and I think it worked just fine. Easy to set-up and a lot of choices to customize.

Edit: forgot to say that I dont agree with you about buying the game - I already pre-ordered. Despite my concern about focus I am looking forward to the changes you also mention. I enjoyed BF titles since BF1942 (didn't play the Free-play one) and I cant see why I shouldn't enjoy BFV also at this point.
  • Mackstan71
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mackstan's log, Earth date 30-07-2018.

Still exited

End log
  • Foot_Elite_Tomei
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yes. Dream is coming true or at least partly, direction is right.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not really excited about it yet. I'm waiting to see what changes they make for the beta before deciding. The alpha felt poorly balanced and way too easy to do well with assault rifles at pretty much any range. Supposedly they're looking at adjusting recoil some more and possibly TTK as well though.
  • CodaciousMan
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Finnrose05 wrote: »
    I previously played Battlefield 1, and had a decent experience, not amazing, but good. After playing a couple matches of BF4 though, is where I got invested in the series. After seeing some gameplay (because my pc is a potato with terrible space) I'm excited to play BFV with friends. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm excited.

I felt the same way about BF1. it was fun and very well made but the game just was not for me. After looking at the gameplay in BFV I really think its going to feel like a classic battlefield experience. And its going to feel completely different than BF1.
  • James-MII
    894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yaaas already pre-ordered can't wait for the game! :3

Finally someone else pumped about this game!
  • Fleetwood1987
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was for keeping Premium so my main concern is content, we'll have to wait and see on that. Otherwise my mood switches like some others here, some stuff looks cool and some doesn't.

I've been laying off the BF1 lately as it's pretty stale at this point and I'm solely playing for scraps, so really I'm just waiting to jump to V and see what happens.