Can never get good FPS at any graphical setting

KRUGA9
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Here are my specs:
GPU: GTX 1060 (3GB VRAM)
CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.2 ghz
1TB SATA HDD
240 GB Sata3 SSD
MSI 970 Motherboard
Two DDR3 4GB Memories (RAM)

I suspect a bottleneck or I just don't have enough RAM, but when I started playing BF1 at launch, the FPS was acceptable, but now I can't bare to play because with the FPS I have now it's just unplayable. Also I've seen players with worse specs have a lot better FPS than I.

Any advice is accepted, playing BF1 at the moment is very frustrating.

Comments

• Bacardiiiiiiiiii
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well, what I quick look FX-8350 specs, this not like warm so much. Max. temps 61°C
    Look first your CPU temp what it is now
  • BigF33t_13
    6630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 2018
    Well, what I quick look FX-8350 specs, this not like warm so much. Max. temps 61°C
    Look first your CPU temp what it is now

I don't think it throttles until 72c

With 8gb of ram, make sure you're not running any unnecessary programs. Especially a browser. Chrome itself can eat almost 1gb.
  • APBrink7
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have a similar setup as you. Fx 8350, gtx 1060 6g, 16g 1600MHz ram, HDD and SSD, Gigabyte 970 mobo, 600W PSU, and the stock cpu fan with windows 10 64. I have the exact problem as you are having, I can run BF1 at low or ultra and still get bad fps (30-40). The thing for me is that I only get bad fps on 64 player servers. But, when I play Shock Operations (40 slot), I easily get 60fps on max settings with some fps drops going to 50 during hectic moments. I am not really sure what the problem is. I can run BF4 all max at 125% resolution on the most demanding maps in a 64 slot server and never drop below 80fps. I think there is just a problem with Bf1. I know this isn't really a solution, but I feel your pain because I have been trying to find a solution for the past month and have found nothing. If somehow you manage to come across a fix for this, please inform me on what you did. Until then, I guess we hope BFV will work better with our setup even though min cpu spec is a fx 8350 lol.
  • Noodlesocks
    2502 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    I have the same processor and graphics card (I have 16gb ram though) and used to have the same issue. Game would play fine but then just dive into a slide show before recovering. What 'fixed' it for me was limiting the processor so that the CPU would never reach 100% during one of the game's many spikes and cause voltage throttling on the CPU. To do this.

Control Panel > Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > Processor Power Management >
    If you're on Balanced, change maximum processor state to some thing below 100% (I use 96%)
    If you're on Performance, change maximum and minimum processor state as above.

This will prevent the CPU spiking to 100% and helped eliminate pretty much all of my stuttering. Might help your problems too. I have to stress that this is only a work around for the issue and for Battlefield 1 as it seems to be the only game I've experienced with these kinds of spikes but I haven't seen any significant performance drops in other games while using this.

Before doing this I couldn't maintain stable performance even on low but after doing this, I can play the game on ultra with no issue.

Before:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaFqpfuK9mg
    After:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhupwUOkCgo