Weekly Debrief

Burton LMR Trench nerfed??

1979Onetime
15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Did the Burton get nerfed already? I saw a youtube video of how op the gun was and how it easily disables and brings down planes with the incendiary rounds. But now that I have it the gun has failed to disable a planes engine or wings and bring them down like in the video. I've emptied 2 and 3 magazines into planes and nothing. So I'm wondering if the Burton LMR Trench got nerfed already. Here is the link to the video I'm referring to:

Comments

• 1979Onetime
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks I just realized I wasn't using the incendiary rounds the whole time
  • KriZ_Rul3Z
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    Since lvlcap is a confirmed idiot, I bet there is a part in that video were somebody slams into the ground because they are a bad pilot and he blames it on the gun. On average people do like 8-9 damage to a fighter/attack plane but quote their damage output on a bomber or zeppelin as how broken it is.

FYI the problem is not with the damage percentage, it is about how much critical component damage it can do. It's very easy to destroy a wing or engine, making the airplane crash down uncontrollably.

I feel the gun is okay, though in the "OP airplanes discussion" I have to laugh. There have always been tons of easy ways to take out airplanes. A tank is OP as well against infantry, as they should be. They should require teamwork to take down. I guess people who haven't learned to take down airplanes by now, won't be much more successful with the Burton anyways.
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    You can easily fly with both your wings destroyed and your engine disabled, so I don't see the problem. After all the burton is not much of a problem to me, when I fly. The only thing that really can bring me down are other planes, which usually don't attack planes, or the AA FLAK cannons, which are stationary, meaning when you know where they are, you are pretty much save from them and they are often in so braindead positions that it would be suizide to even use them. The Burton LMR is just another thing that maybe leads me to have to repair twice as much after strafe runs, but it's still more than doable to get high scores with planes. Also one needs to consider, that the planes are made out of wood and paper, so ammunition that sets them on fire would be very effective I could imagine.
  • boutneus
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Used it myself on aircraft, it’s the disabling wings/engines part that is annoying to pilots. This thing is not OP if you do not hug the ground when making runs. Only bombers I see having major issues with this gun. If you do not hug the ground to closely you should be able to just fly off and repair
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

/Thread
    I knew that was the problem as soon as I saw your post title. I just spent about an hour and a half griefing pilots on Sinai and some other maps... Feels so good after being kill farmed for so many months by aircraft. Made several so miserable they started going kamikaze at me. Love it.

I was meaning to try the INC rounds against cavalry to see its damage potential but aside from having zero desire to play this garbage fire I never got round it but considering no one ever used it against me whilst I did I can safely assume it's not that good or people won't think to use it against cavalry so a win/win in that regard. Still got ohk my at rockets but of course cavalry is op
  • CS-2107
    crabman169 wrote: »

/Thread
    I knew that was the problem as soon as I saw your post title. I just spent about an hour and a half griefing pilots on Sinai and some other maps... Feels so good after being kill farmed for so many months by aircraft. Made several so miserable they started going kamikaze at me. Love it.

I was meaning to try the INC rounds against cavalry to see its damage potential but aside from having zero desire to play this garbage fire I never got round it but considering no one ever used it against me whilst I did I can safely assume it's not that good or people won't think to use it against cavalry so a win/win in that regard. Still got ohk my at rockets but of course cavalry is op

Using it at cavalry units would be a massive warcrime. There was a reason this ammunition wasn't used against living beings, it was only used to shoot down planes and airships. :smile:
  • SWE-Androctonus
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    If you get disabled at the wrong time, you will crash. I have caused many planes to crash with the Burton. It never stops being funny.
  • KriZ_Rul3Z
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    You can easily fly with both your wings destroyed and your engine disabled, so I don't see the problem.

Not sure how exactly wing damage works, but I think if a wing gets severely damaged, your airplane starts spinning out of control? Then no matter how good you are, you can't control the plane out of the spin to repair anymore.

A broken engine well... you could say "don't dive bomb", but you'd lose out on a lot of damage potential. It's like taking a fighter airplane. You can last an entire game without getting killed, but at the end of the round you'll have 10 kills max. Surviving is not enough in such a high damage dealer as airplanes. So you gotta dive, and if the engine breaks you're gonna die.
  • CS-2107
    KriZ_Rul3Z wrote: »
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    You can easily fly with both your wings destroyed and your engine disabled, so I don't see the problem.

Not sure how exactly wing damage works, but I think if a wing gets severely damaged, your airplane starts spinning out of control? Then no matter how good you are, you can't control the plane out of the spin to repair anymore.

A broken engine well... you could say "don't dive bomb", but you'd lose out on a lot of damage potential. It's like taking a fighter airplane. You can last an entire game without getting killed, but at the end of the round you'll have 10 kills max. Surviving is not enough in such a high damage dealer as airplanes. So you gotta dive, and if the engine breaks you're gonna die.

If it gets severly damaged than you have a problem, but the Burton doesn't do that, or at least I never experienced it and never did it myself or saw it happening. This only happens (at least from what I saw), when you have below 10 health anyways and yeah than you're probably dead anyways. Broken engine does not cause your plane to trigger, but will make it a bit harder to control your speed and affects your manouverbility. I destroyed 2 wings and a motor yesterday and the pilot just did a 180 degree turn immediatly and flew off behind a mountain to repair, so it seems like other pilots don't have a problem when all that is left of their plane is the seat either. That thing doesn't need wings or engines to fly and manouver.
    Also if a pilot wants kills, I wonder why they always bomb infantry and usually ignore the 5 other planes in the air, that are doing exactly the same thing.
  • trip1ex
    4760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    You are gimped if your wings come off. It is sort like playing infantry with that "tourette's" revive bug. Engine disabled means you are gliding for a bit until your engine comes back to life. You pretty much have to rep to make some of this stuff go away. Some planes have emergency repair which lets you insta-fix this stuff.

Thus lately I'm finding the TH AP is a bit safer to fly than the GS AP because TH AP has emergency repair.

Good use for Burton is, anytime you see 2 planes in a dogfight, quickly point and shoot and voila - enemy plane is insta-disabled and your team's plane wins or escapes. It's pretty much that easy. Gotta be paying attention though.

Also, if your team is paying attention, it makes it easier for your team to use AA, AA rockets, lmgs, sniper rifles/Kbullets on said plane if it is shot full of Burton bullets. If your pilots are paying attention then getting disabled as an enemy pilot is a death sentence.

And it can make planes crash. Great pilots dive bomb too. And often come close to obstacles and that's where a Burton has a high chance of forcing them into those obstacles. It's use has made me not dive bomb as low and the result is you are less effective as a pilot. I often try and get that last shot in before having to pull up out of the dive and the Burton makes me think twice about getting that extra shot in. And dropping bombs will be less accurate, at least for me, because the closer I can get to my target, the more accurate I am.

So while someone using a Burton might not get credit for these things or completely see their effect, they are there. It's more pronounced the more Burtons in use.

It actually has made flying kind of interesting lately because there is more groundfire coming at planes.

• scienceteacher74
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    do the incendiary rounds work against horses? I am sick of people riding around racking up 60-70 kills
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    do the incendiary rounds work against horses? I am sick of people riding around racking up 60-70 kills

They work, but they don't do extra damage to them or anything. You're better off using the regular ammo against cavalry.

Or just switch to assault and hit them with the AT Rocket gun. Or switch to scout and bait them into two HE Tripwire bombs. Although some cavalry players lately have seemed to learn not to run directly at scouts unfortunately. Most still run head first into the bombs though.
    Post edited by Sixclicks on
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I have literally never seen anyone get 60-70 kills as cavalry

I feel you're exaggerating
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »

I did twice back when they were mini sentries and had lots of armor on and off the horse. I got to where I saw a cavalry dismount I was already bayoneting at them
  • scienceteacher74
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »

nope, not exaggerating, this guy on the Australian servers last week kept re-spawning as cavalry over and over, he ended up 64-12 I think?
  • GrizzGolf
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think so.
  • SirBobdk
    4065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    @KriZ_Rul3Z wrote

I fly the TH AP and BK fighter with emergency repair, so a broken wing is fixed in 1 sec, and even without It's not a problem. Easy to control and repair with a wing damaged. You just have to go high and repair while the plane turn to one side. The Burton is annoying but nothing else if you know how to fly.