Stop wasting my time Dice

PackersDK
862 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I like this game, wouldn’t play an almost 2 year old game if I didn’t.

But I’m really, really starting to get annoyed at how this game just wastes my time. Disclaimer: I only play Ops.

-Endless loading screens. I actually went shopping once while it loaded, still nothing when I returned 20 min later.

-Loading wrong map, after I sat looking at the map I actually choose load in.

-Loading into empty servers, thought they’d fixed that, clearly not.

-Loading finished games. Not close to finished, but actually “0 battalions left” spawn screen.

I started having a book or ipad next to me when playing, not even joking. I get that Dice probably wont fix anything anymore with BFV coming out soon, but I sincerly hope they up their game so to say in BFV.

Sorry for the rant.

Comments

• b2tchwood
    1084 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Everyone would agree with you regarding the loading screens although I think some claims seem excessive.

But this isn’t fortnite or COD where game mechanics and graphics are sacrificed for shorter loading times. It’s not that bad and in all honesty it’s only Ops which are particularly bad. I would always click join any operation for a better chance to be placed in a full server or server browser.
  • PackersDK
    862 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    b2tchwood wrote: »
    Everyone would agree with you regarding the loading screens although I think some claims seem excessive.

But this isn’t fortnite or COD where game mechanics and graphics are sacrificed for shorter loading times. It’s not that bad and in all honesty it’s only Ops which are particularly bad. I would always click join any operation for a better chance to be placed in a full server or server browser.

I agree the loading time itself when it works isn’t appaling or anything like that. But as you’ll notice only one of my points was about time, and “endless”obviously equals something gone wrong.

My other points doesn’t actually let me play the game or the map I want. I have, as you suggest, chosen Join any Ops from time to time, but firstly that doesn’t work when you’re doing Campaing Ops, and secondly after 20 months of playing, some maps are just not that interesting anymore.

It gets really frustrating when you sit down knowing you have 1 or 2 hours of playing time. I just hope it gets better in BFV.
  • ElliotLH
    9216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not all but some of your issues would be resolved if you used the browser. You at least wouldn't load in to empty servers any longer. Using an external SSD would cut your loading times but that may not be the best advice since there are obviously costs involved there.
  • Lt-Rapido
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GTA V loading times take way longer than in this game
  • Huntaseeka
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2018
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Not all but some of your issues would be resolved if you used the browser. You at least wouldn't load in to empty servers any longer. Using an external SSD would cut your loading times but that may not be the best advice since there are obviously costs involved there.

Loading times on SSD is negligible really, even on Pro. unless someone has one laying around not really worth it since the time differences are like 3-6 seconds in tests. I'd rather have that 8GB storage than a few seconds improvement. There's lots of tests online, here's some https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/5dbo8b/video_ps4_pro_vs_ps4_ssd_loading_times_does_sata/
  • Claypole1
    386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I used to enjoy coming home from work and getting in an hour or two of BF1, and believe it or not, Quickmatch used to work really well. They sacrificed some depth of gameplay in favour of “fun”, but at least it was actually fun. (Well, the Beta was, at least...)

Now, I have to trawl thorough the Server Browser, find a game, and invariable have to join a queue and wait. Then, by the time I get to join the server, the map’s changed, usually to Boredom Blitz. Then, the game might not load and I’ll have to reboot the app and start all over again.

When I do end up in a game, it’s usually horribly one sided because the matchmaking system isn’t actually a thing.

Now, to add insult to injury, i’ve just booted the game up and have to download a 5gb update. None of the update will fix the issues that have spoiled the game. Just 5gb of minor stuff that simply doesn’t need fixing, and will in all likelihood just add more problems to the game.

• fs2097
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is even a new glitch, when you spawn you spawn without a weapon. It's damn annoying.