Possible RAM Issue that cause stuttering

MikWar91
31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited July 2018
Hello to everyone.
First of all, my specs:

I7 7700K @4.5
GTX 1070 MSI Gaming X
16 GB of RAM in dual channel mode (Corsair LPX @3000 MHz) 2x8GB stick
Z270 MSI Gaming pro carbon
EVGA 650W 80+ Gold
BF1 installed on 250GB SSD Samsung 850EVO
Windows latest update (1803 I think) installed on a 128GB SSD Drevo X1 Pro
ASUS PG248Q G-Sync enabled

First (and second) match on multiplayer conquest 64 player is super smooth and everything is fine.

The subsequent games instead start to stutter every 20/30 seconds even if the fps are good (type 90/120).
Above all, I have noticed that the stuttering starts when the use of RAM exceeds almost 8 GB. Under 8GB of use everything flows very smoothly and without any hitch.
When I clear RAM with RAMMAp, (emptystandbylist does not work) everything runs smoothly until 8GB of RAM is reached again.
Use MSI Afterburner to monitor.
Could I have some problems with my RAM?

Comments

• Bacardiiiiiiiiii
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2018
    in your MB manual, make sure RAM sticks are installed in slots: DIMMA2 and DIMMB2
    Important

Always insert memory modules in the DIMMA2 slot first.

Due to chipset resource usage, the available capacity of memory will be a little less than the amount of installed.

Based on Intel CPU specification, the Memory DIMM voltage below 1.35V is suggested to protect the CPU.

Please note that the maximum capacity of addressable memory is 4GB or less for 32-bit Windows OS due to the memory address limitation. Therefore, we recommended that you to install 64-bit Windows OS if you want to install more than 4GB memory on the motherboard.

Some memory may operate at a lower frequency than the marked value when overclocking due to the memory frequency operates dependent on its Serial Presence Detect (SPD). Go to BIOS and find the Memory Try It! to set the memory frequency if you want to operate the memory at the marked or at a higher frequency.

It is recommended to use a more efficient memory cooling system for full DIMMs installation or overclocking.

The stability and compatibility of installed memory module depend on installed CPU and devices when overclocking.

*edit
    Make sure you monitor is connected in graphic card, not in motherboard display port. Some people have done this...
  • MikWar91
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    in your MB manual, make sure RAM sticks are installed in slots: DIMMA2 and DIMMB2
    Important

Due to chipset resource usage, the available capacity of memory will be a little less than the amount of installed.

Based on Intel CPU specification, the Memory DIMM voltage below 1.35V is suggested to protect the CPU.

Please note that the maximum capacity of addressable memory is 4GB or less for 32-bit Windows OS due to the memory address limitation. Therefore, we recommended that you to install 64-bit Windows OS if you want to install more than 4GB memory on the motherboard.

Some memory may operate at a lower frequency than the marked value when overclocking due to the memory frequency operates dependent on its Serial Presence Detect (SPD). Go to BIOS and find the Memory Try It! to set the memory frequency if you want to operate the memory at the marked or at a higher frequency.

It is recommended to use a more efficient memory cooling system for full DIMMs installation or overclocking.

The stability and compatibility of installed memory module depend on installed CPU and devices when overclocking.

*edit
    Make sure you monitor is connected in graphic card, not in motherboard display port. Some people have done this...

Yes bro, 1st stick of RAM is installaed in DIMMA2 and the 2nd is in DIMMB2.
    Monitor is connected in a displayport on the GTX 1070
  • Violent_Rumble
    300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MikWar91 wrote: »

It's possible, have you tested it with memtest or another diagnostic tool?
    https://www.memtest86.com/
  • MikWar91

It's possible, have you tested it with memtest or another diagnostic tool?
    https://www.memtest86.com/

I tested both sticks of RAM with the windows 10 memory diagnostics tool. No errors were found
    While I played a little while ago, despite the ram had exceeded 8GB of use, I have not experienced stuttering but sporadic drops of fps. (40) I was in the second match, the third match was the fair of the fps drop (on Amiens).
    Why always me ? this does not happen to my friends. we play on the same server, same map, and the same team but they all run smoothly.
  • BigF33t_13
    6573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Run memtest for a few hours. You may have a motherboard issue though. Is you bios up to date?
  • MikWar91
    edited July 2018
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »
    Run memtest for a few hours. You may have a motherboard issue though. Is you bios up to date?

Ok, tonight I will make a test, and yes my bios is update at the latest version
    Anyway, all my game like Fortnite, Overwatch and BF4 run super smooth. I don't think it's a problem with my MB
    Post edited by MikWar91 on
  • BigF33t_13
    6573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Another thing to try is older video card drivers. Quite a few have had issues with some of the newer Nvidia drivers.
  • MikWar91
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »
    Another thing to try is older video card drivers. Quite a few have had issues with some of the newer Nvidia drivers.

Thanks bro, if the memtest were to be successful, I will try with the older nvidia drivers
  • bass-junkie-xl
    512 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Important

*edit

lol
  • MikWar91
    @BigF33t_13 no RAM issues, memtest passed
  • MikWar91
    edited July 2018
    I also noticed that the pagefail also comes to almost 12GB and the use of RAM is about 8 GB.
    This from the game I did a while ago.
    if I clean the memory using RAMMAP everything runs smoothly for about 40 minutes
  • Carbonic
    967 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Can you take a screenshot of RamMap from before and after you "clean the memory". Also, which option in RamMap do you use to clean the memory?
  • MikWar91
    edited July 2018
    Carbonic wrote: »
    Can you take a screenshot of RamMap from before and after you "clean the memory". Also, which option in RamMap do you use to clean the memory?

This is a situation when BF1 stutter
    https://imgur.com/a/c3kNhvV
    Anyway, I use all of available option to clean memory present in empty tab
  • MikWar91
    edited July 2018
    Screenshot of Rammap
    https://imgur.com/a/c3kNhvV
  • Carbonic
    967 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    If you go into file summary can you then find out what is taking up so much spac? Although it seems fine as the mapped memory is on standby and should be released if the game wants it.
    Does it happen if you play after a clean boot?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows
  • bass-junkie-xl
    512 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    windows 1607 doesnt have the memory issue windows 10 1704 , 1709 , 1803 have it still stutters here and there but nothing compared to the ones i mentioned even with all < telematary , pre fetch super fetch , fast start up off , spy ware 10 on . soon as your memroy chache reaches 8 gb + its a stutter fest on 1704, 1709 ,1803
  • MikWar91
    If you go into file summary can you then find out what is taking up so much spac? Although it seems fine as the mapped memory is on standby and should be released if the game wants it.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

So it should not be a problem related to RAM memory?
    I'll see in the summary of the files and I'll try with a clean boot. I will let you know
    windows 1607 doesnt have the memory issue windows 10 1704 , 1709 , 1803 have it still stutters here and there but nothing compared to the ones i mentioned even with all < telematary , pre fetch super fetch , fast start up off , spy ware 10 on . soon as your memroy chache reaches 8 gb + its a stutter fest on 1704, 1709 ,1803

exactly, as soon as I reach the 8+ GB of memory displayed with afterburner, the game starts to stutter.
    Have you personally solved this problem? I read some of your posts where you talked about it.
  • Carbonic

I'll see in the summary of the files and I'll try with a clean boot. I will let you know
    It can still be a memory problem, but it should not be a problem with how much memory you have if the game and Windows are not bugging when trying to access the area of the memory currently occupied with standby mapped memory.
  • bass-junkie-xl

exactly, as soon as I reach the 8+ GB of memory displayed with afterburner, the game starts to stutter.
    Have you personally solved this problem? I read some of your posts where you talked about it.

i ran the memory cleaner app evry 10 mins got sick of doing it so i went back to windows 10 1607 and shut alot of stuff off and its better then win 10 1704 ,1709 , 1803 i will not leave windows 10 1607 again .
  • MikWar91

It can still be a memory problem, but it should not be a problem with how much memory you have if the game and Windows are not bugging when trying to access the area of the memory currently occupied with standby mapped memory.

If the amount of memory is sufficient, and it is not a problem of access to standby memory, then what could be the further cause?