Invisible enemies on Conquest

darkpassenger_br
83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
Since last patch It happens quite often to be killed by an invisible enemy, as you can see in this video.

There is no warning icons for bad connection at the screen and my ping is always about 20-30ms

Comments

• trip1ex
    4567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    1st one i couldn't see him either. Explanation is I think he was in the gas/smoke and you weren't and he could see you and you couldn't see him.

2nd one you just never looked left. and then you turned right and he shot you in the back.

3rd one you looked into that pitch black ravine/natural alley of Argonne and saw nothing because it's pitch black while he could see you because you're in the open in the daytime. I don't care for these very heavy outdoors shadow areas that are pitch black in the daytime. I'm sure this is worse the worse your monitor is. Also pro tip: crank your brightness on maps that appear overly dark. You can see better.

4th one i couldn't see him either.

5th one is just how the cav work and how the game works up close in melee combat. IT always feels/looks like the enemy is farther away than they are actually are. AT least that's always my feeling. When I play Cav i have a slice a guy before it looks like I have to on the screen. That's what you see in your 5th death. It's consistently this way tho.

• darkpassenger_br
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Apart from the 5th death, all the other ones had invisible enemies, one can clearly notice that there is no shots being heard, only the damage intake sounds. Then the enemy magically appears and the death camera stutters the moment that the enemy pops-up at the scren. At the second death you can realize this easily if you watch with attention and at 60fps.
  • trip1ex
    4567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    Apart from the 5th death, all the other ones had invisible enemies, one can clearly notice that there is no shots being heard, only the damage intake sounds. Then the enemy magically appears and the death camera stutters the moment that the enemy pops-up at the scren. At the second death you can realize this easily if you watch with attention and at 60fps.

He never looked left on the 2nd death so you can't say he was invisible. I didn't listen for sound. I did slow down the video to .25 speed.

don't get me wrong tho I share the same feeling of invisible enemies even if I tried to explain why it appears that way.
  • Caustic
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This looks like it could be a connection issue. Make sure that:

1) Your router has been reset recently (within the last week or so)
    2) You have configured your router to Port Forward to the Battlefield address.
    3) No other devices are using your internet connection
    4) Your PC is directly connected into the router, and not using wireless.
  • IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    it's not a connection issue, it defo is some kind of a sync issue though & it REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLY grinds my gears.
  • darkpassenger_br
    edited July 2018
    trip1ex wrote: »

He never looked left on the 2nd death so you can't say he was invisible. I didn't listen for sound. I did slow down the video to .25 speed.

don't get me wrong tho I share the same feeling of invisible enemies even if I tried to explain why it appears that way.

I understand your points, but if you really watch at 0.25 speed you can see that there is no enemy at the screen and then suddenly it pops out (see the image below). So it was invisible. Also, it appears that It came from my upright and then went to the left. Sem_t_tulo.png
  • trip1ex

I understand your points, but if you really watch at 0.25 speed you can see that there is no enemy at the screen and then suddenly it pops out (see the image below). So it was invisible. Also, it appears that It came from my upright and then went to the left. Sem_t_tulo.png

Good catch, but that split second image is after you died. You were never looking that direction while alive.

could be the way the transfer over to the killcam works. Your view of your killer is always a second or two after the fact.
  • darkpassenger_br
    Yes, I didn’t look left, but that does not change the fact that the player was invisible even to the kill cam.
  • Sechnaill
    992 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have experienced this too. I think it has to do with the latency between you and your opponent. You are not given data at the correct time.
  • trip1ex
    edited July 2018
    Yes, I didn’t look left, but that does not change the fact that the player was invisible even to the kill cam.

But that isn't the same as it being invisible in actual play. That's all I'm saying. There's that weird delay in the killcam until it shows you your killer. It could have something to do with that.

• darkpassenger_br

But that isn't the same as it being invisible in actual play. That's all I'm saying. There's that weird delay in the killcam until it shows you your killer. It could have something to do with that.

Never experienced a bug that the player gets invisible after killing you, seems very unlikely considering the other simillar examples on the video.
  • BulletOverdose
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Never experienced a bug that the player gets invisible after killing you, seems very unlikely considering the other simillar examples on the video.

its a bug ive bin invicible about 4 times to my own squad they couldnt see me when i died and another mdic could see me and revive me, weird **** going on but hey thats dice
  • ackers75
    2222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bf4 had same issue
  • Noodlesocks
    2502 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've had 2 incidents with invisible players and one with an entire L-Class Destroyer doing it's best Philadelphia experiment impersonation. Certainly happening more frequently recently.
  • DINGRAWR
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeap i can confirm the same issue i got, first when my team mate comes around with that kind of issue i told him there is no way ... but now more and more i come around to people just come from no where.... it would be nice if they can fix that rendering issue...
  • Wandereru
    355 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I've had this too and DICE never fixed this since the release of the game \o/

Best feeling when people shoot you from the front 4 meters ahead of you and you don't see them until you die for the death cam to show you.
  • Bacardiiiiiiiiii
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2018
    [video removed as this promotes using an exploit in order to gain an unfair advantage over others]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • AjeepDog
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wow, I really hope it doesn't work that way.

• LOLGotYerTags
    12367 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @Bacardiiiiiiiiii
    That is an EA Terms Of Service violation.

ToS
    6. Rules of Conduct

When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:
    • Use exploits, cheats, undocumented features, design errors or problems in an EA Service.
    • Engage in any other activity that significantly disturbs the peaceful, fair and respectful gaming environment of an EA Service.
    • Promote, encourage or take part in any prohibited activity described above.

I recommend reading the EA Terms Of Service upon your return as suspensions will only continue to increase moving forward.

https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/#section6