DICE really?

BestoPolarBearo
9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I just opened 13 superior alpha packs, and I was expecting to get some puzzle pieces to get more melee weapons, so I opened them and I got 10 damn XP boosts, and one single puzzle piece, for a melee weapon I already have, really? What is the drop rate of these things, come on I wasted more than 10.000 scraps

Comments

• TamKingski
    1711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If u got what u wanted from these battlepacks in just a couple of packs there would be no incentive for you to keep engaging in the system and potentially dropping cash for them,this is all by design.

The whole system is designed to frustrate you into spending cash chasing skins and puzzle pieces,manipulating drop rates of the most wanted items behind the scenes and extremely high chances of duplicates are just some of psychological tricks developers use on consumers.
  • El-Sid-James
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ergo, EA and BF1 is the perfect company/game combination for people who want their gaming experience driven by a paid for loot box mechanism.
  • sharkman265
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is why EA is knee deep in crap with a lot of countries via loot boxes it’s gambling period , don’t bother putting real money in , now if it was like basic f2p cash shop and let’s say a sword skin was 2000 of that cash shop currency and its a 100% then on but loot boxes are purely chance !!
  • TamKingski
    1711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ergo, EA and BF1 is the perfect company/game combination for people who want their gaming experience driven by a paid for loot box mechanism.

To be fair bf1s lootbox system is purely cosmetic and while i still dont agree with it its tame compared to EAs crown jewel and money maker that is fifa ultimate team. They make more money from ultimate team loot packs than they do selling the game.
  • sharkman265
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TamKingski wrote: »

To be fair bf1s lootbox system is purely cosmetic and while i still dont agree with it its tame compared to EAs crown jewel and money maker that is fifa ultimate team. They make more money from ultimate team loot packs than they do selling the game.
    except puzzle pieces remember certain melee weapons are better than others in terms of damage or vehicle damage use!!

• El-Sid-James
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Just a shame that the emphasis for games has moved from away from 'Gameplay' to the 'Shiny Bead' mentality. Will it ever change back? We can only hope.
  • TamKingski

except puzzle pieces remember certain melee weapons are better than others in terms of damage or vehicle damage use!!

That is true puzzle pieces do have different stats on them and could possibly be viewed as a p2w item although for me personaly i dont consider them any better than the numerous melee weapons available outside of battlepacks and think p2w might be a stretch here,but thats just me im not saying Your opinion is wrong.
  • sharkman265

That is true puzzle pieces do have different stats on them and could possibly be viewed as a p2w item although for me personaly i dont consider them any better than the numerous melee weapons available outside of battlepacks and think p2w might be a stretch here,but thats just me im not saying Your opinion is wrong.

Ya I only put that point up cause it could be considered as u said p2w it’s better to post different view points on this subject
  • TamKingski

Ya I only put that point up cause it could be considered as u said p2w it’s better to post different view points on this subject

I agree different viewpoints is the heart of any honest discussion.

Just a shame that the emphasis for games has moved from away from 'Gameplay' to the 'Shiny Bead' mentality. Will it ever change back? We can only hope.

Indeed,my belief is now that publishers/develepers have seen just how lucrative these systems are it will only get worse.
    For example due to these "games as a service" designs/systems EA and others have managed to lower development costs across the board but at the same time increased profits by a huge margin,no business is willingly going to give that up without a fight.
  • sharkman265
    Reminds me of Atari 1980-‘83 they were pushing out so many crappy games (they were poorly made heck it only took a day at most to make) onto the market , the market became flooded with so many poorly made games it essentially caused a video game collapse !!! Now it seems that the cycle is starting to repeat itself in an different manner however!!!
  • El-Sid-James
    Reminds me of Atari 1980-‘83 they were pushing out so many crappy games (they were poorly made heck it only took a day at most to make) onto the market , the market became flooded with so many poorly made games it essentially caused a video game collapse !!! Now it seems that the cycle is starting to repeat itself in an different manner however!!!

Only would take enough numbers not to support shoddy coding and sub standard game mechanics by not pre-ordering and taking a more considered approach. Most effective way to give a ravenous corporate chain a yank, is always to vote with your wallet. I would like to support the Battlefield franchise but not at any price.
  • TamKingski

Indeed instead of the market being flooded with games we are seeing the opposite,less games from AAA developers and more reliance on "games as a service" by holding onto players as long as you can using all the lootboxes and psychological hooks a publishers/develeper can muster. Destiny 2 is a prime example here.

If we see a change in public opinion and the law regarding some/all of these manipulative systems alot of big publishers could see a huge chunk of profit and stock wiped out in a very short time. EA with its ultimate team loot cards and its reliance on those cards financial income is a ticking time bomb and if/when it goes off EA will find themselves in a very bad financial situation.

I am finding myself losing interest in alot of these so called AAA titles from publishers/develepers due to how they peddle all these cash grab psychological manipulated hooks disguised as a game and im finding the indie developers and titles much more appealing,they seem to be the few that actually make a game to be fun and not simply a slot machine wrapped up as a AAA game.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1741 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MethLaif wrote: »
    I just opened 13 superior alpha packs, and I was expecting to get some puzzle pieces to get more melee weapons, so I opened them and I got 10 damn XP boosts, and one single puzzle piece, for a melee weapon I already have, really? What is the drop rate of these things, come on I wasted more than 10.000 scraps

I am level 149 I think.. Since I have first started the game I have got enough puzzle pieces to build ONE (count it) ONE single puzzle weapon.. I have scrapped all puzzle pieces but even if I had not, I still would only have acquired enough pieces to make one.. Hows that for luck?
  • ElliotLH
    6173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hows that for luck?

That's pretty bad.