Butron LMR... lol DICE are you serious?

Comments

• KriZ_Rul3Z
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes they're annoying for pilots, and seem to do lots of critical damage. However, those glowing bullets in the sky make for a nice target. They can spray me once, but most don't survive for a second burst.

Anyways, it will blow over, same as the AA rocket gun.
  • disposalist
    8956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I still shoot at planes with it every time they come within range. I'm just saying it's not like it's an instant plane killer or anything. It's definitely the best infantry primary against planes though.

Unless they're in a steep dive or not the greatest at flying, most do seem to recover from the damaged wings and disabled engine. It still takes teamwork to take one down from full health against any decent pilot.

Of course it's still worth shooting them even if you're the only one. It does make them think twice before flying so low over the same area, and it also means they've got to waste some time flying off into the distance repairing instead of harassing your teammates.
    It's effective at pushing planes away, but something like the M1917 LMG is much more effective at actually killing planes. 250 bullets only needing very brief pauses to cooldown every 50 bullets or so plus massive range means you can actually bring down planes not just push them away.

I've been flying planes a lot recently (mostly attack planes) and have had a lot of Burton fire on me. Not been brought down yet, but it's a real 'inconvenience' that means you move on (or you turn around and kill them because they are so easy to pinpoint when they are spouting fireworks like that).
  • KermitJ
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    KermitJ wrote: »
    Run outta bullets pretty quick it’s a pseudo automatico. Spread is nuts and ya run out of bullets quick

Spread is not nuts, its actually CRAZY accurate, the jarring of the screen may be putting people off but it's about double the range at full spray compared to automatico, full burst hip fire i keep trying further and further ranges thinking it's never going to hit only to hear the 'dings' of headshots.

Lol base weapon spread it’s accurate yeah with practice anything can be accurate
  • Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Practice...i played a few rounds with it then put it away because it's OP atm...i don't know what qualifies as practice.
    What i do know is it's the noisiest weapon with all the 'dings' from headshots, from both hipfire and aimed.
  • Rogue-Mike
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    While I like the Burton. If I'm fighting off planes, I've had more luck taking them out with the Suppresive Parabellum, LMG 08, and MG1917. However taking out a Heavy Bomber with a full crew with a G95 is still my personal best achievement.
  • TamKingski
    1790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    After playing around with the burton solo for a few matches i didnt find it that great against planes,i even spent a whole match only going after planes,i got alot of engine disables and shredded lots of wings but only managed one plane kill on an already damaged plane. Admittedly the enemy pilots seemed to be decent,one of them had 40 something service stars.

I found the majority of the time the pilot/plane would survive and fly away to repair as your reloading your next volly.Also the high spread and recoil of the gun when aimed makes it a poor choice outside of cqc and very low flying planes.
    I did find the trench variant to be very effective against infantry though due to its decent hipfire and high rof it does really well in cqc.

Maybe its a better gun on pc due to recoil being easier to controll but on console its certainly not op against planes imo.
    Maybe if you had multiple players focus fire a plane with the burton it would be alot more potent but then again multiple players focus firing with almost any lmg will bring a plane down fast..

I agree with others that it seems to be more of an annoyance to planes than being an op plane killer.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TamKingski wrote: »
    After playing around with the burton solo for a few matches i didnt find it that great against planes,i even spent a whole match only going after planes,i got alot of engine disables and shredded lots of wings but only managed one plane kill on an already damaged plane. Admittedly the enemy pilots seemed to be decent,one of them had 40 something service stars.

I found the majority of the time the pilot/plane would survive and fly away to repair as your reloading your next volly.Also the high spread and recoil of the gun when aimed makes it a poor choice outside of cqc and very low flying planes.
    I did find the trench variant to be very effective against infantry though due to its decent hipfire and high rof it does really well in cqc.

Maybe its a better gun on pc due to recoil being easier to controll but on console its certainly not op against planes imo.
    Maybe if you had multiple players focus fire a plane with the burton it would be alot more potent but then again multiple players focus firing with almost any lmg will bring a plane down fast..

I agree with others that it seems to be more of an annoyance to planes than being an op plane killer.

While it doesn’t seem to insta kill planes it deters them long enough from constantly bombing infantry to go repair. It basically makes their life harder. Now when I was on the ground and had clan mates in the air I could help them escape planes or damage planes so they could finish them. It really seemed to shine in that aspect.
  • MikeManiac61
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    TamKingski wrote: »

While it doesn’t seem to insta kill planes it deters them long enough from constantly bombing infantry to go repair. It basically makes their life harder. Now when I was on the ground and had clan mates in the air I could help them escape planes or damage planes so they could finish them. It really seemed to shine in that aspect.

Exactly.

The burton in 90% of the time won't reward you with a kill, but you will

1) disable parts of the plane, forcing them to fly away and repair
    2) if the disable is timed well, you can force them to crash
    3) disabling parts of an enemy airplane will help your team to get air superiority, as a disabled plane is an easy kills for your team's airplane

So all in all you need to look further than the kill

That's what i like about it, i disabled an engine once in the result of them ejecting from their plane. If I'm lucky, another pilot can come along and finish them off in the sky. I still see complaints in the chat box about them being OP, far from the truth.
  • StrangeLoop7
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the noobs weapon
  • SlugSniper
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    the noobs weapon

……….
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SlugSniper wrote: »
    the noobs weapon

……….

I’m just guessing here but I bet the Burton touched his pilot self in very naughty ways
  • FlaminPorcupine
    58 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    After having spent a pretty decent amount of time with the Burton now, I have to also pile on and agree that it's not OP.

Sure you can disable wings, and sometimes the engine if you get the right angle, but unless the pilot is super brave and is diving waaaay too low, they'll still be able to pull up and repair.

Its a fantastic plane deterrent, but its by no means a plane destroyer

Even if you get enough time to put a 2nd, or heck, a rare 3rd mag into the same plane, its not any significantly crazy damage. Most of the pilots seem to pull up and up and up and up into the stratosphere until its next to impossible to keep rounds on em anyways. The planes that are most at risk are the bombers and that's great since they're the ones who have needed more of a threat to their existence anyways

Now if you had 2 players working together, 1 Assault running the AA Rocket Gun, and a Support running the Burton, you might be able to do some serious headway, but that's not gonna happen in random matches.

I agree I’m loving it to ruin pilots streaks and farming. Now if I and a couple platoon mates all open fire on a plane it’s gonna go down.

But usually it’s just me and it usually disables both wings and an engine or just a wing. It’s enough to get them off bombing infantry for a bit or for me to repair a aa cannon and wait their inevitable return for revenge.

If anyone wants to start a Anti-Air platoon, I'm game.

Just wanted to let everyone know I started a platoon called Anti Air for those who enjoy seeing planes go down in flames :)
  • normzzzzzy
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Clickbait title, And gotta get past the 10+ minute mark for that extra $$$.
    I liked the old school LC, Now i can't stand him.

This^

He’s the go to guy when it comes to whining about battlefield.

Its like he’s just jumped on the *hate train* bandwagon only for hits from like minded whiners
  • TheGremmel
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLLLLY HOPE THIS GETS ADDED TO BF 5!!!

It's the definition of actual rock paper scissors gameplay. The thing DICE have been claiming Battlefield have all been about ever since 2002 but it's always been Infantry < Tanks < Air (other than Vietnam where tanks took massive damage from normal grenades and air couldn't hit anything).

MAAAAD RESPECT FOR ADDING THIS DICE. SERIOUSLY AMAZING FOR ONCE!
  • RRedux
    754 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've used it on planes, get lots of "wing broken", "engine disabled" points but the planes just keep flying regardless. It's only a real threat if A: the plane for some reason decides to stick around within range without repairing or B: the plane is under fire from a different source at the same time.

I sometimes use it against enemy behemoth if there are no AA or MG stations available.
  • Imabaka70
    RRedux wrote: »
    I've used it on planes, get lots of "wing broken", "engine disabled" points but the planes just keep flying regardless. It's only a real threat if A: the plane for some reason decides to stick around within range without repairing or B: the plane is under fire from a different source at the same time.

I sometimes use it against enemy behemoth if there are no AA or MG stations available.

Hitting he nose of the blimp does good damage my entire squad sat back and unloaded into the blimp brought it down quick lol.

As far as on planes best to nail them when they are in dog fights or coming down towards the ground for a bomb run. Nail them right before they drop their bombs. They have a much higher chance of crashing then.
  • MarxistDictator
    5249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Spray from the hip when they're close in and watch them crash. I've disabled all 5 wing parts and the engine on planes from just a quick mag spray, it is pretty cheap but so are players that only spawn in vehicles. Fight fire with fire, fire bullets.

Sitting and spraying when they are far away usually just makes them focus on you.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Incendiary rounds can also damage boats.
  • DingoKillr
    4345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    The Incendiary rounds can also damage boats.

Also works on Armoured cars.