Battlefield is dead

uuf6429
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited July 2018
Today, I decided to go back to BF4. I hadn't played it in several years. Here's how it went..

I log into some random server and the first thing I see is some German guy calling Jews pigs (which by the way, is punishable by law in Germany).
This guy gets reported at least twice. Nothing happened, he kept playing that round and the next one.
Fine, let's concentrate on the game. I got killed uh... maybe 4 times less than a second after spawning?

Anyway, I quickly remembered why I stopped playing. The game is awfully strangely unbalanced.
Let's say no one cheats, right? Just...random things that simply don't add up ... some guy killing you in one shot with an MG from the other side of the map.
I thought, well, that must be a fine weapon he's using. So I switch to it to find that it is quite useless - bad range and low damage.
Other odd cases? Someone killing me while looking at the opposite direction.
Or how about the part where I immediately get killed when people go around corners? That must be some pretty damn good reflex there.

Now let's put a little bit of context. I've been playing battlefield for a very long time.
I've owned every title since BF1942. However, I won't be purchasing another EA title for a long time.
It's not good value for money, knowing that a tonne of people are cheating or being absolute ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ in the game and nothing is being done about it.
Especially considering that EA seems to intentionally make it difficult to report players.... and even when you manage to do that, nothing happens.

Comments

• BigF33t_13
    6838 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    First you're talking about a game that's been sunset for almost two years.
  • the_tecknoxx_
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I see
  • bishtop
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Choosing servers wisely is a key point regarding cheaters also other factors like ping and even hardware can make a difference and finally lets say someone who has been playing none stop since launch or even just very often will more than likely have a faster reflex than someone who has not as it is something that can be trained in sense. Also even though i am not a good player i find it better to always expect someone to be around the corner
  • DeagleDL
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    maybe u suck
  • VESPA5
    784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @TC - there are a few servers that do not tolerate hateful or racist banter via the in-game chat (or VoIP). And after playing BF1 for over a year, the BF5 Alpha was a wake up call in regards to gameplay. Which only meant one thing. Go back to BF4 to get more acclimated to the time to kill (which is insane in BF5) and PTFO. I've been playing nothing but BF4 since the last DLC for BF1 was released. This game sure has aged well and I've been having tons of fun. The first year BF4 was released was really rough. Today, it's a very well polished game (give or two a few obvious hackers here and there, can't believe they still linger in BF4).