Weekly Debrief

BFV: Will you Buy or Pass?

Comments

• SlugSniper
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SlugSniper wrote: »
    warslag wrote: »
    Pass.
    Edit: See you at launch.
    I'm confused :smiley:

I'm not buying BFV.
    I'll see YOU on the battlefield.

Check the accounts, boi.
    Sorry, what?

Unlike that obscure CoD group you mentioned earlier, we're not buying BFV. You will not see us on the battlefield unless you keep playing BF1 or even BF4.

Hav gud tiem tho.
    That's what they said too. That's what they all say. See you on the battlefield soldier.

Yes, see you on the Battlefield 1 servers. :trollface:
  • Luggerix
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wait for the beta, after that I make my decision.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why's it so hard to believe someone isn't interested in buying the game? I didn't buy BFH, and I won't buy this one if I don't think it'll be good or keep my interest long enough. Like I said, I'm waiting to see the Beta and what changes they make from the Alpha.
  • Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pass.

I'm not buying BFV.

Check the accounts, boi.
    Sorry, what?

Unlike that obscure CoD group you mentioned earlier, we're not buying BFV. You will not see us on the battlefield unless you keep playing BF1 or even BF4.

Hav gud tiem tho.
    That's what they said too. That's what they all say. See you on the battlefield soldier.

I'll see YOU in BFV, friend.
  • Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Why's it so hard to believe someone isn't interested in buying the game? I didn't buy BFH, and I won't buy this one if I don't think it'll be good or keep my interest long enough. Like I said, I'm waiting to see the Beta and what changes they make from the Alpha.
    I didn't buy Hardline either. Because that's not a BF game. They can call it Battlefield all they want but that's not Battlefield. That said, I'll see YOU in BFV.
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not happy with a quite few things but I'm willing to give it a go and see how it all works out.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The way I feel right now; pass
  • SlugSniper
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Pass.

I'm not buying BFV.

Check the accounts, boi.
    Sorry, what?

Hav gud tiem tho.

• Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Pass here. I concluded there's 3 or 4 other games for late 2018 that will use up my time and money. Bf5 might be ok, so I won't trash it, but I just think I will have more fun elsewhere.
  • war_ant_5
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Pass. Still all the old'in day crap. I would prefer still playing Hardline but some reason no one does....game played well and was modern. Not sure if Dice has 50 and 60 year old players, but everyone always says modern warfare, still no supply of modern.
  • Lykosia
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lykosia wrote: »
    the alpha was boring in 19h so pré-order ?? no really this game smell BF1

DICE made full 180 from BF1. Gunplay alone is leagues above BF1. And everyone knows that alpha was very old version.

I fail to see how everything including SMGs being laser-accurate is "leagues above" BF1...

Because then it's more about skill than luck that determines a winner. Instead of being lucky with random deviation your bullets actually land on what you're aiming at. It works well for me because I always try to aim at heads. Now BF5 actually rewards me for that, instead of punishing me like in previous BF games, where random deviation made me miss targets.
  • SirBobdk
    4124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    Pass here. I concluded there's 3 or 4 other games for late 2018 that will use up my time and money. Bf5 might be ok, so I won't trash it, but I just think I will have more fun elsewhere.
    I'm on the same page. I would really like another game than BF and are also looking at other games comming out. But for the most part they disappoint.
    Only other game that I have enjoyed was red orchestra. People may say they pass but still get it anyway. It says more about alternative games than BF.
    I like playing FPS games, but BF1 is imo not a battlefield game and the maps are not BF maps (CQ). For the most part it's an infantry game on small maps with few or no vehicles. I get a feeling of cod uo/2/waw on many of the maps. I hope BF5 will return to what made BF great, but I have my doubts based on the alpha.
    BF5 maps are going to be design for grand operation, so i guess CQ players are going to get badly designed maps again for that gameplay
    Maybe I buy it, but with a bad feeling, considering how BF once was in the past. A vehicle game on big maps.
  • rogerdaltry
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited July 2018
    Pass: EA have forgotten us PS3 users who actually made a name for the battlefield franchise originally by buying and playing the games on ps3. I bought every bf game available on ps3, but when they decided to stop making games for the ps3, I stopped buying. Not everyone can afford a new (€400) game system just to play bf on it!! No PS3, no play.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    I didn't buy Hardline either. Because that's not a BF game. They can call it Battlefield all they want but that's not Battlefield. That said, I'll see YOU in BFV.

It was definitely still a BF game. Some players don't feel that BFV represents what they want from a BF game either.

And I most likely will see you on the Battlefield (if you're on PC). Never said I wouldn't. But the changes they make from the Alpha to launch and how the Beta plays could certainly sway me away from buying the game still. I've pre-ordered every Battlefield except for BFH and BFV so far. It's not like I don't have 119 games in my Steam library to hold me off until BF6 or whatever the next game is if I don't end up liking BFV - many of which I haven't even played yet.

Games_Steam.png
  • Diabolus_Musica
    Pass.

I'm not buying BFV.

Check the accounts, boi.
    Sorry, what?

Hav gud tiem tho.

What's the point of posting a youtube video that says only "no you won't" when you could have just typed it here. Watch:
    Yes, I will. See YOU on the battlefield!
  • Diabolus_Musica

It was definitely still a BF game. Some players don't feel that BFV represents what they want from a BF game either.

And I most likely will see you on the Battlefield (if you're on PC). Never said I wouldn't. But the changes they make from the Alpha to launch and how the Beta plays could certainly sway me away from buying the game still. I've pre-ordered every Battlefield except for BFH and BFV so far. It's not like I don't have 119 games in my Steam library to hold me off until BF6 or whatever the next game is if I don't end up liking BFV - many of which I haven't even played yet.

Games_Steam.png

Sorry but no. Battlefield games are military, not cops and robbers. They made a big mistake when they branded that game a Battlefield game. They tried to use the success of the BF series to push what should have been a new IP onto us. It didn't work.
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

And to some people BFV is not a true battlefield game either. Can't you understand that?
  • doctorrocktor
    1822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    war_ant_5 wrote: »
    Pass. Still all the old'in day crap. I would prefer still playing Hardline but some reason no one does....game played well and was modern. Not sure if Dice has 50 and 60 year old players, but everyone always says modern warfare, still no supply of modern.
    Are you kidding,the last 6bf games were modern,i think you had your fill of modern bf.
  • SlugSniper
    Pass.

I'm not buying BFV.

Check the accounts, boi.
    Sorry, what?

Hav gud tiem tho.

What's the point of posting a youtube video that says only "no you won't" when you could have just typed it here. Watch:
    Yes, I will. See YOU on the battlefield!

In Battlefield 1, yes. :wink:
  • SlugSniper
    the alpha was boring in 19h so pré-order ?? no really this game smell BF1

DICE made full 180 from BF1. Gunplay alone is leagues above BF1. And everyone knows that alpha was very old version.

I fail to see how everything including SMGs being laser-accurate is "leagues above" BF1...

Because then it's more about skill than luck that determines a winner. Instead of being lucky with random deviation your bullets actually land on what you're aiming at. It works well for me because I always try to aim at heads. Now BF5 actually rewards me for that, instead of punishing me like in previous BF games, where random deviation made me miss targets.

When an SMG can outshoot a rifle at long range, that's horrible balance. Not everything is about "skill" in Battlefield.
This discussion has been closed.