OK. Let the Gas Spam begin.

ProAssassin2003
3246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited July 2018
I'm changing all my kits to Gas. All night all maps non stop Gas,Gas,Gas,Gas at my feet. You want gas you're getting it.

Enjoy.

All night playing was a Gas fest of epic proportions. Probably spent 75% of my time in a Gas mask. And Map Voting doesn't help because the Assault Noob guns want all Infantry maps voted.

Comments

• abc1434286920
    447 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't forget to deploy as a support so you can gas all those potatoes all night long.
  • WetFishDB
    1974 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its frustrating to play against for sure, especially as a medic (hipfire on some of those guns is awful). I hate it, which is why I've started using it too.

It's too good against most sentries, and good against wounded assaults camping a corner in a building. I can often get the gas to finish them off before they even realise it's there and get the mask on.

That said, I'd love it if it were removed from the game - along with the stupid bayonet charge.
  • abc1434286920
    447 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    Its frustrating to play against for sure, especially as a medic (hipfire on some of those guns is awful). I hate it, which is why I've started using it too.

It's too good against most sentries, and good against wounded assaults camping a corner in a building. I can often get the gas to finish them off before they even realise it's there and get the mask on.

That said, I'd love it if it were removed from the game - along with the stupid bayonet charge.

Also the fact that it provides you with an indication of enemy presence.
    I also use it in all my classes bar when there is need for smoke in operations.
  • WetFishDB
    1974 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

Also the fact that it provides you with an indication of enemy presence.
    I also use it in all my classes bar when there is need for smoke in operations.

Yeah, definitely. I've thrown it down flank routes to give me a hint if someone might be coming with slink enabled etc. I'd still rather it wasn't in the game altogether though.
  • ElliotLH
    7828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    848586119955726_1477341602309733_615499535417868288_n.jpg
    You think gas is your ally. But you merely adopted the Fume, I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't breath fresh air until I was man and by then it was nothing more to me than choking.

"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."
  • ssjsnoop
    300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Gas is the best grenade in Battlefield 1. Knew it since the Beta, been spamming it ever since.
  • RossP317
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Glad it's not just me. Have come back to it in recent weeks and enjoying the havoc it wreaks. Less direct kills but more chaos.
  • Finrod_Fierceaxe
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gas doesn't bother me at all. There is a defense against it. You can't defend against a frag grenade or incendiary, you can only run away or sit tight and hope it doesn't kill you. Gas doesn't drive you off a position or out of a room, you just put on your mask. And the large majority of time, it's no big deal to hip fire as it's close quarters. If it's not, sit tight till you can take off the mask.

You also can't toss gas into a room to soften up or kill the defense and go in like you can frags, or you have to put on your own gas mask as well beforehand, nullifying your advantage.

Gas is nothing but an inconvenience. Frag grenades are far more straight forward and practical.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    I'm changing all my kits to Gas. All night all maps non stop Gas,Gas,Gas,Gas at my feet. You want gas you're getting it.

Enjoy.

All night playing was a Gas fest of epic proportions. Probably spent 75% of my time in a Gas mask. And Map Voting doesn't help because the Assault Noob guns want all Infantry maps voted.

***Edited by Moderator*** Let's not go down that road.
    Post edited by ragnarok013 on
  • V2Face
    2648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I love gas grenades. I got a triple one time on some unaware redberrries good times. I wonder if any players have a 100 Stars with them yet?
  • V_Effect91017
    191 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    I love gas grenades. I got a triple one time on some unaware redberrries good times. I wonder if any players have a 100 Stars with them yet?

Fort vaux is the best with gas, and I've definitely been killed by a few 100 stars.
  • robmcewen
    2975 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is it just me or has anyone else getting killed by invisible gas?

Been happening to me for about a month now.
  • ElliotLH
    7828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen wrote: »

Had that a few times.
  • research-kitchen
    336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    V2Face wrote: »

Yes I have seen someone with 100 stars with the gas grenade
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    robmcewen wrote: »

It's happened a couple of times to me. Not very often, but it has happened.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gas definitely really sucks when you mostly play scout. Can't hit s*** while affected by gas, and can't hit s*** while using the gas mask unless you're using your pistol.

I still only use incendiaries and impacts though.
  • KriZ_Rul3Z
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Gas doesn't bother me at all. There is a defense against it. You can't defend against a frag grenade or incendiary, you can only run away or sit tight and hope it doesn't kill you. Gas doesn't drive you off a position or out of a room, you just put on your mask. And the large majority of time, it's no big deal to hip fire as it's close quarters. If it's not, sit tight till you can take off the mask.

You also can't toss gas into a room to soften up or kill the defense and go in like you can frags, or you have to put on your own gas mask as well beforehand, nullifying your advantage.

Gas is nothing but an inconvenience. Frag grenades are far more straight forward and practical.

Wow I disagree with basically everything you said. :smiley:

Gas has no good counter. The attacker can put on his gas mask before throwing the gas in. Then the defenders have a choice: either put on their gas mask and be defenceless while putting on the mask, the attacker storms in and kills you, or wait a bit, lose some HP, hoping the attackers will storm in soon. It's a risky gamble either way. Or you could run away, but if you don't consider this a valid counter for frags, I don't see how it would be valid for gas.

Regarding hip fire: the guy who threw the gas might be close enough to hip fire at, but he could have teammates further away. Good luck hipfiring at 100m. Sit tight? Good luck, in the middle of a battle. The situation doesn't always allow you to camp a corner for 20 seconds.

Gas grenades don't reward skill. Quite the contrary actually, by forcing people to hipfire you let people rely on spread RNG instead of skillfully ADS.

Nope, I fine never seeing gas in any game ever again.
  • Khal_Fraggo
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    KriZ_Rul3Z wrote: »

Gas grenades don't reward skill. Quite the contrary actually, by forcing people to hipfire you let people rely on spread RNG instead of skillfully ADS.

There is still spread and recoil to deal with when you ADS. The real thing gas does is force enemies to do something they don't want to do, and that's why I love it.

If pistols sucked, gas would really be unfair. But pistols are EXCELLENT in this game and can hipfire down an enemy about as fast as a SMG. But a lot of FPS players are used to picking their one main weapon they love, learning it well, and perfectly executing a "*twitch*-ADS-headshot" action every time they see an enemy.

When gassed, they can switch to a different skill to win (hipfiring pistols), but it isn't the one and only skill they WANT to use to win.
    KriZ_Rul3Z wrote: »

Gas has no good counter. The attacker can put on his gas mask before throwing the gas in. Then the defenders have a choice: either put on their gas mask and be defenceless while putting on the mask, the attacker storms in and kills you, or wait a bit, lose some HP, hoping the attackers will storm in soon. It's a risky gamble either way. Or you could run away, but if you don't consider this a valid counter for frags, I don't see how it would be valid for gas.

Whether it's forcing a player to move, or forcing them to become momentarily vulnerable by equipping a mask, grenades are SUPPOSED to give the attacker the advantage in reward for correctly guessing the location of a hidden stationary enemy.

Camping is one of the oldest problems in FPS games. And it gets boring when games are all about who can out-twitch each other when peeking around corners. Any game mechanic that punishes sitting still and rewards constant tactical movement is fine by me.
  • KriZ_Rul3Z
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is still spread and recoil to deal with when you ADS.

When you ADS you will have more control over your shots, rewarding players with good aim. I think we can agree on that.
    When gassed, they can switch to a different skill to win (hipfiring pistols), but it isn't the one and only skill they WANT to use to win.

I'm sure you can pistol hipfire at 100m range like a hero, but you can't expect everyone to be that good. :tongue:
    Whether it's forcing a player to move, or forcing them to become momentarily vulnerable by equipping a mask, grenades are SUPPOSED to give the attacker the advantage in reward for correctly guessing the location of a hidden stationary enemy.

Sure, I don't have a problem with grenades. I was just replying to the "gas grenades are easy to counter compared to frags/incendiaries". I was just stating why gas grenades are possibly the worst grenades to counter.

I'm all for grenades flushing people out of cover, it's just gas grenades in particular are frustrating for the reasons mentioned in the posts above.